The Mangaka Lover

Go down

The Mangaka Lover

Post by erinlale on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 am

I just read a short story called The Mangaka Lover, which was reprinted in Odd Tales of Wonder #6. The Mangaka of the title has a lover that the point of view character never sees, and he thinks she's delusional. It has some obvious parallels with how people who don't believe in gods view godspouses. The pov character eventually actually sees the lover and realizes he's real, but the realization only lasts a few days-- then the pov character starts to doubt again, and wonder if the man he saw was a cosplayer. The whole thing reads to me as a parable about atheism and godspousery. It really resonated with me because my mom is an atheist and although I have been able to tell her about my priest stuff and she has even been present at some of my rituals, such as previous years' Ostara or Yule rituals, I find I can't talk to her about being a godspouse even though that's a huge part of my life now.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Mangaka Lover

Post by Darkamber on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 am

My mum is Xian. I've never mentioned to her that I'm a Lokean godspouse. She wouldn't understand.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvena on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm

That story sounds interesting. My mom is Christian. I haven't told her that I'm a godspouse. She'd probably give me one of those judgemental "what are you talking about" looks that she has about everything and not say anything, but there's no reason to tell her. The only person in my personal life who knows is my mortal husband. He's the only one I can trust to understand.
Elvena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down