hi, I'm here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hi, I'm here

Post by erinlale on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:51 pm

Thanks for changing the captcha from a visual to a text based so I could participate! I really appreciate inclusion.

So, it's me, Erin. A little bit about me:

I work in the genre publishing industry and am also a freelance writer. I live with my 77 year old mom, who needs more help than she likes to admit, a black cat named Happy, and a garden gnome who prefers not to be named.

I am as out as it is possible to be, having published Asatru For Beginners under my real name and having twice run for public office as an out heathen. I totally understand why other people might not want to be, though.

Loki came back into my life a little over a year ago, after about a 40 year pause. I've been a Priestess of Freya since 1989, and I was totally comfortable with my personal practices and did not want to change, and Loki wanted to change some things, so we compromised, and I changed. Smile Ehehe. I am very happy with where I am now, but there were some bad patches in the climb up this mountain.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Re: hi, I'm here

Post by Darkamber on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:54 am

Hi, Erin! *waves*

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:18 am

erinlale wrote:Thanks for changing the captcha from a visual to a text based so I could participate! I really appreciate inclusion.

So, it's me, Erin. A little bit about me:

I work in the genre publishing industry and am also a freelance writer. I live with my 77 year old mom, who needs more help than she likes to admit, a black cat named Happy, and a garden gnome who prefers not to be named.

I am as out as it is possible to be, having published Asatru For Beginners under my real name and having twice run for public office as an out heathen. I totally understand why other people might not want to be, though.

Loki came back into my life a little over a year ago, after about a 40 year pause. I've been a Priestess of Freya since 1989, and I was totally comfortable with my personal practices and did not want to change, and Loki wanted to change some things, so we compromised, and I changed. Smile Ehehe. I am very happy with where I am now, but there were some bad patches in the climb up this mountain.

Welcome Erin! Glad you were able to register with no problems this time. Smile I just changed it earlier yesterday [or the night before, my sleep is so messed up I can't tell a night from a day anymore].
Interesting that you have a garden gnome who prefers not to be named. I have a house wight who prefers not to be named. I doubt if I even have his real name. I also have an impelling spirit of silence regarding some UPG's. I can tell parts of them but there are some details-seemingly random or arbitrary-that Loki impels silence about. *shrugs* :?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:55 am

Thanks! Huh, so the "
no name"
thing is a thing. I wonder if the Celtic fairy lore about names might be based on that kind of experience. I don't know of any Germanic/ Norse lore that mentions it, but there are so many gaps that doesn't mean much.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:34 am

According to Egyptian Mythology, if a person knows your true name, they can have power over you.
Many people choose to have a public and private craft name, often making sure they name is numerologically and astrologically harmonious.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum