Facebook and You

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Facebook and You

Post by Just.Christine on Sat May 07, 2016 12:13 am

Now that has a nice, 6th grade sex ed ring to it, eh?

Anyro!

In case anyone here noticed that they're no longer on my fb friends list. It's pretty much everybody. By the time that little shit storm was over, I had 8 facebook friends left.

I'm not using facebook as a way to stay socially connected. I would have deleted my account completely except I have games that require me to to be connected. Some of these games I have years invested into and lots of points and gold coins and etc.

With friends, I can pick up where I left off by meeting them elsewhere on the internet like this forum or chat programs. With the games? I'd have to start all over again and lose everything I saved over the years. Sadly, some of these games have sexily plied my wallet from my fingers...metaphorically speaking.

No one was spared. I tried unfollowing people who's content was almost entirely socio-politically antagonizing. Not like they were meaning to, it's just that I had it up to my neck with all of it. I'd try unfollowing and facebook would post their stuff anyhow. If there's anything I hate worse than socio political vomit, it's feeling powerless and like I have no control over anything. Especially when such are comprised of apps that promise crap like, "More options than ever before, blah blah. More control. See only what you want. See what's important to you." blah

and blah

and blarbity thrown in for good measure.

Facebook was literally making me ill. Physically ill. I think they do that shit on purpose. Tell you that you have options and power and then show you how you don't have any. Since there are lots of law that are supposed to protect people from various bullshit, they've all turned to being a pain in the ass because there's no laws against that. They harrass you to get you to willingly give them what they cannot take by force. Which is pretty much everything.

It's distressing to me to wake up and fight all this bullshit before I even finish my first cup of coffee. Some days I cry because everything is for sale basically. It's all for sale but nothing has value. Least of all human beings!

I had to unfriend every person I might even feel remotely tempted to log in for the purpose of talking to. because then I'd have to wade through all the shit to find them and hear what they have to say. If you're a member of Erin's Berserkerganger group, I'm still part of that. I've tried some other Lokean groups but of the two I tried...well they turned out to be [or seem to be]Nokean disguised as pro-Loki. Lots of the content was more Loki tolerant than Loki affirming.

Anyhow...I wasn't trying to get rid of anyone here. I just got tired of posts about the politics of public pee pee rooms. And politics. And politics. And Trump. Dear Gods save us from that Douche Clown!

If you live outside of America? Help. Help. Please help.

S.O.S.
S.O.S.
S.O.S.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Facebook and You

Post by njm on Tue May 10, 2016 8:58 pm

Uh, tell me about it. I just skim over them as quickly as possible. I do feel for you. Come to Australia. Several of my other USA friends have already suggested they'll come over if a certain man wins.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed May 11, 2016 1:32 pm

njm wrote:Uh, tell me about it. I just skim over them as quickly as possible. I do feel for you. Come to Australia. Several of my other USA friends have already suggested they'll come over if a certain man wins.

I really wanted to go to Iceland and apply for political assylum, but however romantic it sounds to me, the long winters and extra dark, ahort days would get to me after awhile. So...not sure what I'll do.

Part of me sincerely believes he wont win and cant win because Hillary has been chosen by all the high ups and that Trump is just a distracting horror show meant to misdirect people from what's really going on. What that is, I don't know. I'm too distracted.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvena on Thu May 12, 2016 3:02 pm

I usually just skim through my newsfeed on Facebook as fast as I can. Sometimes (meaning probably a few times a day) I see some stuff that makes me want to go hide in a pillow fort for a while and consider why I'm on FB, but I can't seem to keep away from the damn thing.
Anywho, pretty sure we weren't friended on there to begin with, but either way you can't be blamed for wanting to keep a distance from it.
Elvena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bsa on Thu May 26, 2016 9:17 am

Having twice elected a president who publicly stated people and fish could live in harmony without going to war, the outside world thinks trump will win, on the basis he is a dinosaur of ignoramce, then we all die in total nuclear war he starts. So if you want help, vote Clinton.
Anyways, Facebook- an illusional world, not reality, yet treated as real, get rid of it & be amazed at the difference.

bsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 26, 2016 1:54 pm

I was on FB for the longest time, and only recently was able to pull away longer than a few days. I had to make the decision if the handful of friends I had on there were important enough to stay around and wade through all the bullshit for. Like above, I got sick of seeing political memes from a few of those people every damn time they posted. I used to have one goth friend named Michelle who only ever talked about her Rozz memorial, and typed like a teenager with things like "skellebration" and finding ways to fit the word "goth" into every sentence. She never talked about anything else than her damn promotions for her memorials. She may as well have been a robot. Even after I deleted all the annoying people, I still had friends I cared about, but not once did ANY of them ever initiate conversation with me. It was always me PMing them first. Sure, they'd be nice and talk back, but I started to feel more like they were being polite and wishing I would go away. I felt like I was being a pest and they were being tolerant rather than enjoying my company. The other problem was I couldn't resist hunting the Loki groups for information on godspouses(or ones who CLAIMED to be) what Loki was doing with them. It would always make me jealous and upset, so like the blogs, I had to stop reading that. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out what was true and what was not, and of course, Loki will neither confirm nor deny any of those claims because He wants me to trust Him for the livelyhood of our own relationship. Not only that, I was getting bullied by some women I'd never even met before about the validity of my relationship with HIm. Every damn time I brought up the subject, they would try to derail the conversation with negative questions and speculations that suggested I didn't know what I was talking about, and that they knew Him better than I did about His intentions. I know when I'm being manipulated and I also know who's been talking to Kim and her friends who are against me being happy like they say they are with Him. I don't know why it's so important to them anyway when they have human partners. Why do they have to have their cake and eat it too? They act more like I'M the threat than the other way around. I may get jealous, but never once have I ever told these women the hateful judgemental things they've told me to my face (and no doubt behind my back to each other) about how they think Loki feels about me. I would never tell them He wants nothing to do with them, that their relationship isn't what they think it is, and a bunch of other bullshit. I decided it's best not to get out of those groups, but off FB altogether. I'm trying to reconnect and build my relationship with Loki and I can't have any hinderances to that. So many voices are clamouring in my ear I can't hear His. Not to mention it's a confidence killer. FB is just one big dramafest and this is the only group I stay connected with now because there are no assholes here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu May 26, 2016 4:45 pm

I haven't read anything on my fb feed and only looked in on it once this week. Those that really know me, love me, like me, and care enough know I have email. Some can text me. I initiate most conversations as well. I only keep myself from deleting it because a few games I play require that connection to facebook, and I never need to open facebook to do that.

Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:33 pm

I can't bring myself to even sign up for Facebook. Or Twitter, or anything.
I rarely read blogs anymore.
I'm just signed up for a few forums ... yet I realized today "how long has it been since I logged in here?" LOL

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 am

Lokakisa wrote:I can't bring myself to even sign up for Facebook. Or Twitter, or anything.
I rarely read blogs anymore.
I'm just signed up for a few forums ... yet I realized today "how long has it been since I logged in here?" LOL

Sounds like you just needed a little time on your own.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:00 am

I don't think I'm missing anything by not being on social media, lol. But I do like coming here, I just haven't had much to talk about. I get depressed and non-social when my health problems bother me a lot, and y'all know me, I'm constantly frustrated at not having spiritual experiences like other people. Plus I've tried to get outside more and do other things besides sit at the computer so much.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Lokakisa wrote:I don't think I'm missing anything by not being on social media, lol. But I do like coming here, I just haven't had much to talk about. I get depressed and non-social when my health problems bother me a lot, and y'all know me, I'm constantly frustrated at not having spiritual experiences like other people. Plus I've tried to get outside more and do other things besides sit at the computer so much.

*Nods emphatically at that last line.*
Mystical experiences can be overrated.

Go read Walt Whitman's""When I Heard the Learned Astronomer"
Ponder it.
Just google: Walt Whitman The Learned Astronomer.
Of course everyone's experiences vary.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top