finding self again, a but rambly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

finding self again, a but rambly

Post by bsa on Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:02 pm

So, sometimes I don't pick up on things,or clues, even really big ones with neon lights, not til I look back at them and go doh!
My brother for no reason decided to go on a silverith course, made for no apparent reason other than he had the impression I would like it, a mjollnir that as an archaeologist I would happily date to the 10th century, then promptly gave it up.

There are a number of things over the years, but I digress.

I have had an interesting life, often being more than one thing, and have been more than one person over the years, I was pondering life again, I never really saw it as odd, interacting with the worlds, I tended to look at gods and spirits in a weatherwax sort of way, just because tables exist, thats no reason to go round believing in them, sort of view

So having met many things on my travels, I never really wondered why Loki was about every now and then (he almost got me kicked out of a party once, as the host said I could come in, but not Loki as he had annoyed them at some point, a slight clue again)

Anyways, something clicked in my brain earlier, I was lost for many years,a story for another day,and I am finding the good bits of myself again and addressing the bits I don't like/need anymore.

Earlier I recalled something that has happened a number of times over the years, a squirrel with a broken back coming to me for help while I was out, any number of birds, including a crow which settled on my shoulder, sometimes people would find me.

I remembered an old lesson, do that which is before you, help where you can.

Then I got, ding! So you remembered at last, parts of my old life are forever lost, some though returns, and I am reminded of good things.

When broken, the darkest time and bitterest poison is just before dawn, and though broken, sometimes we are blind to having friends who care.

Loki stayed, for a long time unspoken, walking through my shadows in many forms, unrecognised.

Now I say welcome to loki, thank you for staying with me, for saving part of me from myself, for being there, for the pain you had in watching me unable to do much, for having the tenacity and caring enough to see it through til I am almost me or a new me again.

Anyways, loki remembers more of me from long ago than I do, and he prods my memory gently, today was one of his answers to a question, and I have regained memory of part of myself that I like, u never know where the day will go, anyways, I thought I would share a few thoughts.

bsa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top