Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are You A Godspouse? Select All That Apply

39% 39% 
[ 9 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
9% 9% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
35% 35% 
[ 8 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
4% 4% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 23

Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:09 pm

Instead of radio buttons, I'm going to use check boxes, so all that apply may be selected.
Enter your answers and feel free to discuss in comments. Smile
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:14 pm

I'm in an estranged monogamous marriage with Odin.
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Dragonwings on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Oops. Forgot to click opposite sex as well. XD Silly me.
avatar
Dragonwings

Posts : 117
Join date : 2014-12-29
Age : 33
Location : North Carolina, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Corannhena on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:56 pm

I voted yes (see my post in the other godspouse thread for details) but I also forgot to click "opposite sex". :/

edit: Just saw that votes can be canceled, so I did that and re-voted.
avatar
Corannhena

Posts : 340
Join date : 2014-12-31
Age : 38
Location : Oregon

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Darkamber on Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:14 am

I'm a Loki wife.
Fenrir and Freyr showed some interest in me back in 2012, but nothing came of that.

_________________
Blog: Fire and Ink - The journey of a Lokean Pagan
Facebook: Amber Drake
Tumblr: Darkamber Dragon
Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
avatar
Darkamber
Site Admin

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-12-29
Age : 51
Location : Oslo, Norway

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:42 am

I'm godspouse of Loki from 2014. He is the only One.
(opposite sex)
avatar
Moon Rouge

Posts : 845
Join date : 2014-12-31
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Elvena on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:51 pm

I feel uncomfortable saying that I'm a godspouse, as it's not official yet, but Loki has shown interest. (Opposite sex.)
avatar
Elvena

Posts : 51
Join date : 2016-01-15
Location : West Virginia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by kellic2016 on Mon May 09, 2016 2:23 am

I'm where Elvena is. Loki has done everything BUT marry me. I keep hoping one day He will.

kellic2016

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-01-26
Location : Wherever the wind blows

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/people/caspercat1?ref=hdr_user_menu

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Wed May 11, 2016 12:49 pm

I'm actually sort of glad I'm not married to him. I'm wedded to Odin, apparently, and I've seen that friends are far less taken for granted than spouses. Of course Loki is not Odin, but I've not suffered the heartache some Loki brides have but I have with Odin.

I remember when I first came to Liki I wanted him so badly, I was so eager that it took awhile for me to see he was putting on brakes and gently pushing me back. I remember thinkimg, "Of course, Why would Loki wamt want a fat, ugly thing like me? Who do I think I'm kidding?'

Time bore out the truth though. They not only see with better eyes, we appear altogether different to them than what we see in the mirror. Which really is just another way of expressing a belief that somehow my physical appearance is disgusting and fat and that if they saw with eyes like ours, that Odin would find me repugnant.

Very self revealing. I'm not sure I'll ever be cured of my cultivated self hatred. It's too ingrained and I'm getting far too old to fight this foolish, materialists fight.
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by kellic2016 on Wed May 11, 2016 4:44 pm

Man, I can so relate to the self consciousness about my physical appearance. I've gained about 30 lbs since my 20s and trying to lose at least 20 of it, and I hate what I see in the mirror too. Not to mention the toll gravity has taken on my once cute heart shaped face. I used to bitch about having a baby face, but now at 50, it's gone the other way, lol. That's why I don't take selfies on FB or anywhere else, except for my modeling pictures that have been photoshopped or done in good light/angles with a lot of makeup. And most of those are from about 6 years ago anyway. But about four years ago, Loki showed me what I looked like in my spirit form, how He sees me, which proves your point, that They see us differently, and we look beautiful to Them in our spirit forms. He pretended to do a "makeover" putting lipstick and eyeshadow on me, then He peeled back my skin, which somehow didn't hurt at all, and my gold glowy lightform stood out. He was saying "this is how I see you, THIS is your true form, and it's beautiful."
I might not be a bride yet, but I'm the next best thing. I know He's serious enough about me to do all that, and show me those things, which indicates that's not exactly a blase attitude, or a rejection, or just friendship. Besides, I told HIm, even if you don't want me that way, I refuse to take another as my soulmate, lover, partner, husband, whatever. I'm stuck on Him and He knows it. too much has happened though to show me He hasn't pushed me away. Still, He does give me mixed messages, and I can't always hear Him to know what's going on. He shows me things He wants to tell me too, though. sometimes even then I can't get the answers I want. It's like He's never refused me or told me He'll never be my Husband, but He hasn't offered either. Only time will tell.

kellic2016

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-01-26
Location : Wherever the wind blows

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/people/caspercat1?ref=hdr_user_menu

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Thu May 12, 2016 12:52 am

kellic2016 wrote:Man, I can so relate to the self consciousness about my physical appearance. I've gained about 30 lbs since my 20s and trying to lose at least 20 of it, and I hate what I see in the mirror too. Not to mention the toll gravity has taken on my once cute heart shaped face. I used to bitch about having a baby face, but now at 50, it's gone the other way, lol. That's why I don't take selfies on FB or anywhere else, except for my modeling pictures that have been photoshopped or done in good light/angles with a lot of makeup. And most of those are from about 6 years ago anyway. But about four years ago, Loki showed me what I looked like in my spirit form, how He sees me, which proves your point, that They see us differently, and we look beautiful to Them in our spirit forms. He pretended to do a "makeover" putting lipstick and eyeshadow on me, then He peeled back  my skin, which somehow didn't hurt at all, and my gold glowy lightform stood out. He was saying "this is how I see you, THIS is your true form, and it's beautiful."
I might not be a bride yet, but I'm the next best thing. I know He's serious enough about me to do all that, and show me those things, which indicates that's not exactly a blase attitude, or  a rejection, or just friendship. Besides, I told HIm, even if you don't want me that way, I refuse to take another as my soulmate, lover, partner, husband, whatever. I'm stuck on Him and He knows it. too much has happened though to show me He hasn't pushed me away. Still, He does give me mixed messages, and I can't always hear Him to know what's going on. He shows me things He wants to tell me too, though. sometimes even then I can't get the answers I want. It's like He's never refused me or told me He'll never be my Husband, but He hasn't offered either. Only time will tell.

See? That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. I wont dance that dance. I will say fuck off and get bent first. Even to Odin! I have told him to fuck off and get bent plenty of times. I guess he knows I'll always crawl back so he can be that way. I think it's the substance of our relationship. He likes to get me pissed and raging and hurting and insulted because making up is so intense and wonderful. Time will wear that out though. It always does. Human relationships, divine relationships...all of them.

I so often accuse Odin of being shallow with me. And vainglorious. I daily live with the horrors of clingy Christian vestiges. That Odin and Loki and the gods are all really the fallen angels pretending to be gods and pretending to love us. And I imagine them laughing behind my back like how people laugh when they see animals hump or do undignified things without knowing it's undignified. That they allow me to 'seem' to have relations and friendship activities which I believe Odin participates in but which I often feel suspicious about. That he's laughing so hard that mead shoots out of his nose. Some days it gets so terrible that I send them all away from my house and then days or weeks later i cry and invite them back. Which of course they can come and go as they please and only pretend to leave, snickering between each other like thosee horrible leather headed monster children from Under The Dome.

Some days the divine relationship and friendships cost me so much of my sanity. And dignity. But all of that was pre-existing; the seeds were planted by an abusive family stirred in with dysfunctional religious beliefs and practices. I wonder that Odin and Loki think I've anything left worth working with. Most days my life feels so unviable I feel I really must be Already Dead.
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Elvena on Fri May 13, 2016 10:39 am

This conversation has me wondering... Do They not see us at all as we appear in our physical forms? Or do They look past it to focus on our spirit? It is not possible that They see us in multiple ways and think we're beautiful in more than one way?

I also deal with low self-esteem. My weight is the part of me that I dislike the most, but gods know there's more about my appearance that I would change if I easily could. So, when Loki told me that I'm "very beautiful", I rolled my eyes before wondering what the flip He actually sees. For that matter, I still often react that way when my mortal spouse tries to compliment me... so a god saying it makes me even more uncomfortable with myself.

It was late last year that Loki suggested marriage, so I can't say that I've been waiting long yet. Still, the idea of whether it's real or is He just going to string me along plays at my mind. That has caused some issues in our relationship. He's expressed that it bothers Him when I question it. Still, He surely knows that I have more than enough love for Him and that He will always have a place in my heart... no matter what sort of relationship we have.
I do wonder if it will get easier: the doubt and questioning His sincerity. Seeing others who've been going through this for a longer time talk of their experiences, it seems that it often doesn't.
avatar
Elvena

Posts : 51
Join date : 2016-01-15
Location : West Virginia, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Sat May 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Elvena wrote:This conversation has me wondering... Do They not see us at all as we appear in our physical forms?  Or do They look past it to focus on our spirit?  It is not possible that They see us in multiple ways and think we're beautiful in more than one way?

I also deal with low self-esteem.  My weight is the part of me that I dislike the most, but gods know there's more about my appearance that I would change if I easily could.  So, when Loki told me that I'm "very beautiful", I rolled my eyes before wondering what the flip He actually sees.  For that matter, I still often react that way when my mortal spouse tries to compliment me... so a god saying it makes me even more uncomfortable with myself.

It was late last year that Loki suggested marriage, so I can't say that I've been waiting long yet. Still, the idea of whether it's real or is He just going to string me along plays at my mind.  That has caused some issues in our relationship.  He's expressed that it bothers Him when I question it.  Still, He surely knows that I have more than enough love for Him and that He will always have a place in my heart... no matter what sort of relationship we have.
I do wonder if it will get easier: the doubt and questioning His sincerity.  Seeing others who've been going through this for a longer time talk of their experiences, it seems that it often doesn't.

All I can say with any honesty is that I don't know. I just pray for peace of mind and peace of heart. And try to forgive myself and love myself for not forgiving and loving myself enough.
I'd give almost anything to know what we look like to them or what they actually look like apart from the human way we've given them forms understandable to us.
Another person posted here and said, "What ARE Gods? We just don't know."
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by kellic2016 on Mon May 16, 2016 12:29 am

That's one of my biggest frustrations. Why He hasn't offered marriage to me yet. I keep hearing about those He offers but they're not sure. I keep waiting for HIm to offer that, and now feel after all these years that it's been so long that it might never happen. Which makes me wonder if I'm not good enough for HIm. If I am married to HIm, why don't I remember it? He won't tell me why either which makes it even worse.

kellic2016

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-01-26
Location : Wherever the wind blows

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/people/caspercat1?ref=hdr_user_menu

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Corannhena on Tue May 17, 2016 9:10 pm

Another person posted here and said, "What ARE Gods? We just don't know."

I think that was me. I was paraphrasing a YouTube video, I can't remember what it's called but the actual phrase is "What ARE birds? We just don't know."
avatar
Corannhena

Posts : 340
Join date : 2014-12-31
Age : 38
Location : Oregon

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Wed May 18, 2016 5:57 am

Corannhena wrote:
Another person posted here and said, "What ARE Gods? We just don't know."

I think that was me.  I was paraphrasing a YouTube video, I can't remember what it's called but the actual phrase is "What ARE birds?  We just don't know."

Yeah!! That video series is great! I saw that one. Man... British comedy, lol!
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Wed May 18, 2016 6:09 am

kellic2016 wrote:That's one of my biggest frustrations. Why He hasn't offered marriage to me yet. I keep hearing about those He offers but they're not sure. I keep waiting for HIm to offer that, and now feel after all these years that it's been so long that it might never happen. Which makes me wonder if I'm not good enough for HIm. If I am married to HIm, why don't I remember it? He won't tell me why either which makes it even worse.

Are you friendly or close to any other God/desses who you believe are on friendly terms with him? Ask their opinions if you trust them.

Divine marriages are still marriages though and don't necessarily bring wished for aspirations or anticipated fulfillment. And has to function with a veil between it. The veil has a life of its own and doesn't necessarily cooperate at the wishes or behest of humans OR Gods.
It's off the edge of our map.
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by kellic2016 on Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Odin Chris, yes, I am on friendly terms with some of them, and they have given me much needed support over the years, especially during the dry spells where Loki goes MIA for months and sometimes years. The others have blacklisted me and vice versa because of jealousy mostly on my part and personality conflicts, sometimes just misunderstandings. I don't expect to have all my wishes fulfilled, actually, I'm pretty easy that way in that I don't have many. I just want to be loved and claimed by Loki. I don't expect Him to be around all the time. I'm happy getting a visit once every two weeks to a month. My friends have said that I'm married already, I just didn't have a ceremony. The closest I got was getting a thick contract three years ago with Loki and Sigyn's names on it that I signed with another young earthly couple who I somehow know in the Dreaming. After I signed it, I saw Loki walking down some stairs looking at me but He didn't approach.

The Veil is such an illusive thing. It's always shifting and sometimes it's hard to tell if it's even there. I have given up romantic and sexual human interactions to save it for Loki. A sacrifice? Not for me, because I have no interest in being intimate with anyone here. Friendships only. I've done the dating and relationship thing with mortal men and would rather wait for Loki than settle for second best just because it's physically accessible. The last time I went out with anyone was three years ago. Loki has never told me to set myself aside for HIm, but He dosen't mind either. He respects my decision to be monogomous with HIm. I don't care if I have to wait another ten years for a cuddle with Loki. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've made my decision and I'm sticking to it. Cool

kellic2016

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-01-26
Location : Wherever the wind blows

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/people/caspercat1?ref=hdr_user_menu

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by kellic2016 on Wed May 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Oh no, I just re-read your comment and didn't realize at first you were talking about other God/Goddesses and not my friends, lol! No, I haven't been able to reach any other Deities to ask them. I know Frigga wouldn't tell me, because she keeps things to Herself. And it's hit and miss with other Gods, any time I've met Them, it's been by accident and when I did, I didn't ask them. The only one I asked one time was when I met Laufey a few years ago. She wanted to read my palm for some reason and grabbed my hand. she asked me "do you know any gnomes named..." then rattled off a list of three impossible to pronounce or remember LONG names mostly with consonants of these gnomes. I said no, then she said "beware of (insert name here). He is not to be trusted." I said Ok, I'll remember that. Then I said "what about Loki?" She looked up to the ceiling of the tree-like house we were in, her blue/green eyes flashing, then said with a wink, "My son is a sky dancer." So that's the closest I've gotten to an answer.

kellic2016

Posts : 28
Join date : 2016-01-26
Location : Wherever the wind blows

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/people/caspercat1?ref=hdr_user_menu

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Just.Christine on Wed May 18, 2016 4:53 pm

kellic2016 wrote:Oh no, I just re-read your comment and didn't realize at first you were talking about other God/Goddesses and not my friends, lol! No, I haven't been able to reach any other Deities to ask them. I know Frigga wouldn't tell me, because she keeps things to Herself. And it's hit and miss with other Gods, any time I've met Them, it's been by accident and when I did, I didn't ask them. The only one I asked one time was when I met Laufey a few years ago. She wanted to read my palm for some reason and grabbed my hand. she asked me "do you know any gnomes named..." then rattled off a list of three impossible to pronounce or remember LONG names mostly with consonants of these gnomes. I said no, then she said "beware of (insert name here). He is not to be trusted." I said Ok, I'll remember that. Then I said "what about Loki?" She looked up to the ceiling of the tree-like house we were in, her blue/green eyes flashing, then said with a wink, "My son is a sky dancer." So that's the closest I've gotten to an answer.

Psh!! Wouldn't it be nice if they just spoke plainly in a way we could feel certain and safe with?
I was going to use the metaphor "spell it out in rice and beans" meaning simple to understand.  But man, the ironic pictures that went with that? Eyup.  Pure Loki physical pun if you get my drift, lol!

I've had visions that ended with someone pointing up at Loki.
I've alienated many people in my life over misunderstandings. I've had difficulty with interpersonal relationships at all levels. It's some work but I'm happy to hear you have some supportive people. Everyone here's been great. Smile
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by erinlale on Thu May 19, 2016 12:06 am

On the question of what we look like: once, someone (a human) told me that Loki sees me as a red glow with glitter, and a white light coming from my heart. (The white light is Freya shining through me, that's something that's been going on for decades now.) But...
Since then, I read that blog post that says each of the gods is different for each person, a slightly different aspect, and it made so much sense of something that had not made sense before (unrelated to this question) that I think that is the case. So, now I no longer really know how Loki sees me-- I only know how HER Loki sees me. ("My" Loki says I'm beautiful.)

erinlale

Posts : 291
Join date : 2015-01-14
Age : 48

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Corannhena on Fri May 20, 2016 8:23 pm

Loki once gave me a very vivid image of what I look like to him, about two years ago, while I was lying (laying?) in bed. I looked very sweet and lovely. I remember my eyes being rather large :p
avatar
Corannhena

Posts : 340
Join date : 2014-12-31
Age : 38
Location : Oregon

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by LongXioaWen on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:23 am

So I am a polyamorous bisexual/pansexual(?)...so I spread the love to whomever wants it and am in 3 devoted relationships with Loki, Aphrodite, and a Jeoseung Saja (Korean Reaper) named Kunxi. Not married as of yet, but we'll see if or when that ever happens. Rolling Eyes
avatar
LongXioaWen

Posts : 4
Join date : 2016-07-02
Age : 28
Location : Here and There

View user profile http://paradoxicalsuds.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Poll: Are There Any Godspouses Here?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum