Lokean Blogs

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lokean Blogs

Post by Darkamber on Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:35 am

I haven't listed Tumblr blogs because you can access them via the [url=#Lokean][/url] tag.

Not all of the blogs are active, but many have interesting posts.

[url=A Journal of Love and Pain][/url]
[url=Already Dead][/url]
[url=Amidst Fires][/url]
[url=An Open Flame][/url]
[url=Are you there, ancestors? It's me, Astrid][/url]
[url="
Beloved is an Unconditional Term"
][/url]
[url=bloodteethandflame][/url]
[url=Bonfire at Midnight][/url]
[url=Chasing Stardust Butterflies][/url]
[url=Dear Loki, I hope you are hearing me][/url]
[url=Dreaming in Smoke &
Fire][/url]
[url=Fire and Ink][/url]
[url=Fire and Shadows][/url]
[url=Freezing fire and burning snow][/url]
[url=Hail Loki!][/url]
[url=Half Fool Moon][/url]
[url=Insidiae: The Bread And Circus][/url]
[url=Into the sea of waking dreams][/url]
[url=Ki's Lokean Adventures][/url]
[url=Kickin' up mischief, and feeding the fire][/url]
[url=Life on Fire][/url]
[url=Life with Loki][/url]
[url=Lighthouses of the Soul][/url]
[url=Little Dane witch's blog][/url]
[url=Loki's Bruid][/url]
[url=Loki's Fire][/url]
[url=Loony Lunas musings][/url]
[url=Of forest fires][/url]
[url=Of Thunder and Flame][/url]
[url=Rebalancing Acts][/url]
[url=The Ravens Breath][/url]
[url=Through the Mists][/url]
[url=Walking With The Pride][/url]
[url=We bring the fire][/url]
[url=Weaving the Net][/url]
[url=Witches Wyrd][/url]

Last edited by 50 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lokean Blogs

Post by Corannhena on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:47 am

I've changed my URL from sneakylittletrickster to corannhena (this applies to both WP and Tumblr), so you might want to edit accordingly (and re-follow my WP blog if you already were, so posts I make will show up on your reader again).
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Corannhena wrote:I've changed my URL from sneakylittletrickster to corannhena (this applies to both WP and Tumblr), so you might want to edit accordingly (and re-follow my WP blog if you already were, so posts I make will show up on your reader again).

Entry edited. :-)

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:58 am

Post updated.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:41 pm

Sweet! Thanks for listing these and adding mine Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:56 pm

Corannhena wrote:I've changed my URL from sneakylittletrickster to corannhena (this applies to both WP and Tumblr), so you might want to edit accordingly (and re-follow my WP blog if you already were, so posts I make will show up on your reader again).

For some reason it wont show up when I search in my WP reader. Can you go to it, copy the link and post it to me?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:01 pm

It should be at https://corannhena.wordpress.com/ (it's also in Amber's list up there, the title is 'kickin' up mischief, and feeding the fire' (which is a line from a song by the band Elbow).
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:41 am

Post updated with "
Little Dane witch's blog"

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Yikes, I started a blog today.
walkingwiththepride.wordpress.com

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Lokakisa wrote:Yikes, I started a blog today.
walkingwiththepride.wordpress.com

I added your blog link to Darkamber's list at the top. Smile
And I subscribed. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 12, 2015 4:22 pm

I don't know what to expect!
I promised Loki and the Vanic peoples (specifically the Cat tribe) that I'd walk their path and spread the good word. lol
Nono encouraged me to work on Cat tribe PR. Well, I should say he was excited to see my interest and that I wanted to be a messenger/intermediary for them.
Loki encouraged me (through a reading) to journal any messages or signs I receive. So I hope this will hold me accountable to continued practice on my spiritual skills.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 12, 2015 5:38 pm

You do fine! And I also subscribed. Smile
Look at you, you have the About page, and two new post right there! When I opened Wordpress I used not my poem for the About page, and my first post was only couple of sentences, then I ran to come back week or so later. You started so much better!!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 am

I followed you, too. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrienne on Fri May 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi! I'm the author of "
Hail Loki!"
and I noticed on wordpress someone shared my latest post here (Thanks to whomever did- I'm honored)- can someone point me to the thread where it was shared?

It was about Funerary responsibilities as Heathens....or something along those lines. (My Great Aunt just passed and I had to represent her entire birth family at the funeral). I really learn from feedback.

Thank you all for your kindness!

Tyrienne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 pm

Oh, I read your post. Wasn't me that shared it, though. You would think that a death in the family would bring everyone together, even if just for a while. Unfortunately, it sometimes brings out the worst in some. Condolences on your Great Aunt's passing. ♥️
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun May 17, 2015 11:07 am

It might have been me. I really don't remember. I do remember that I read it and I reposted it on my own blog so it would make sense that I was the one who reposted it here. Unless someone here read it on my blog and reposted it here. Just strange that I don't recall posting it here. Why remember posting on my blog but not here?

Jeez. Now I gotta go investigate so I don't go batshit. lol Laughing

Another thing that's like a scratch on the roof of my mouth that would go away if I would just stop tonguing it is this: Moon Rouge... your Loki avatar;
is that just part of his bottom lip or is he sticking his tongue out? It looks like he's poking his tongue out a little. Whether he is or isn't, he's always gonna look like he is. ^_^ And it suits him if he is. Very Happy
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun May 17, 2015 11:52 am

Tyrienne wrote:Hi! I'm the author of "
Hail Loki!"
and I noticed on wordpress someone shared my latest post here (Thanks to whomever did- I'm honored)- can someone point me to the thread where it was shared?
It was about Funerary responsibilities as Heathens....or something along those lines. (My Great Aunt just passed and I had to represent her entire birth family at the funeral). I really learn from feedback.
Thank you all for your kindness!
I read your post before, I reblog very rarely, once only I think. I'm sorry about your aunt. I had to take care about my father whole funeral. This stirred a lot of memories. Hugs!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun May 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:
Another thing that's like a scratch on the roof of my mouth that would go away if I would just stop tonguing it is this: Moon Rouge... your Loki avatar;
is that just part of his bottom lip or is he sticking his tongue out? It looks like he's poking his tongue out a little. Whether he is or isn't, he's always gonna look like he is. ^_^ And it suits him if he is. Very Happy

Well, LOL ! I have a few variants of this drawing, one with goatee, and one with teeth showing on the side. I didn't get to tongue sticking version yet, but now to think of it.... It got out without my help!

I love this one with tongue sticking out! (I love every Axel Zero's Loki)
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/501729214712106729/
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 am

Ah! Pointed ears! ^_^
I am now forever going to see your avatar as His tongue sticking out. LOL!

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon May 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Well I love the current avatar one best because of his hooked nose and his eyes. He appeared this way to me in my first Loki-related gnosis. Hair was short and curly but the nose was exactly like this one and so were the eyes.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon May 18, 2015 11:47 pm

He still appears to me this way, His hair grew.
I've seen Him with shorter, lighter and very curly hair too, He was also illegally young!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrienne on Tue May 19, 2015 3:17 am

Thank you for your condolences, you have been incredibly kind. In this instance, I acted as unintentional family Braucher- I had not seen my great aunt since childhood, but I ended up following a very hard pathway to bring the family together which I think helped stabilize my cousin/uncle (Older second cousins in Pa Dutchy land end up as "
aunts"
and "
uncles"
) in the ICU by reconnecting him to my father whom kinda works as his counter-balance. (and vice versa)

I wrote a long reply to Poppy Meister (who posted on a post that "
Escaped"
as a draft unfinished, unspellchecked, unedited, eeeeek!) regarding the fact that there is no "
new"
organization starting to create a new "
option"
for Loki-worshippers.

The non-reconstructionsts of the Pennsylvania Dutch Urglaawe have no verbot (forbidden) worship of Loki or any Loki archetype as far as I am aware. Some Old Families have no Loki in their history, but other's do (at least one line of mine does clearly, and documented. I'm a Hildebrandt descendant). It all depends on the origination of each particular group- and no oral tradition is really taken more seriously than the next... so, although I never heard of "
Vora"
and "
Berchta"
prior to interaction with the local Pa Dietsch heathens outside of my family beliefs, they are no less valid then the fact another family has no Loki.

Latvia has no war Gods....and the Gods who normally cover "
war"
simply keep all other connotations lacking the "
war"
aspect. Thor is Perkuns- the God of thunder and heavy rains....Odin is Vilanus and travels from home to home checking for hospitality among his own people- and blesses people with luck or curses them depending on the result Smile

Then, for a real mind bender- the primary Goddess of Latvia, Mara, is the Goddess of "
Gentle Fertility and Reaping"
(Life and Death)...of which no Norse God *quite* fits, however, is a perfect fit for Dietsch Frau Holle- another facet/archetype of Hel (or even further, Eresh-kegel)

Anyway, I got sidetracked. So, the Pennsylvania Dutch are getting federally recognized as clergy if they are not already....and I am PRETTY sure most are in such populated areas. Since the Dietsch are strongly behind the movement and seldom have anything stronger than "
indifferent"
opinions on Loki (keep in mind Dietsch tradition bypasses Snorri completely in favor of Oral tradition that dates prior to Snorri and continues through and after independently of the Hamaval in many regards) It will be recognized that Loki-worship is legitimate as the worship of any other European God.

Our government in the USA, because of the Pa Dutch and the Scandinavian descendents of reindeer herders getting PhD's in Iceland, will see Loki-worship as no different by legal definition and recognition than any other Heathen God.

The Hindi do not get more rights for worshipping Hanuman over Ganesha....so it is with us.

The national organizations will have to figure out how to "
deal"
- (some are already doing much better).

However, consider this: If most reconstructionsts are former Christians- wouldn't abandoning Loki as a God much be like Denying Saint Peter Sainthood in their former religion for denying knowing Jesus three times in Gesemene? The mental/spiritual precedent should still be in their psyches for that depth of an entire religions forgiveness of that....and not placing on the "
mask"
of Judas Iscariot (non-gnostic) or "
Heathen Satan"
(of which, Surtr- you know THE GOD MADE OF FUCKING LAVA who lives in a realm of fire might be better suited...perhaps...?)

/sorry, Religions BA
//Odin was an Oathbreaker and we Lokeans still usually Hail Him, The Odinsvolk should do likewise for Loki regardless....for "
Each horn raised in my name shall always, too, be named in the name of Loki!"
-Snorri Hamaval, even!

Tyrienne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 19, 2015 8:19 am

That was really interesting! Thank you for sharing.
I often wish the Southeast had a tradition like that. But you know, Bible Belt and all that.
I guess the closest thing is Appalachia folklore.

I'm annoyed too, at how little we are taught about the Northlands in school. It's like the Viking Age is just glossed over, in between ancient history and the English monarchy.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyrienne on Tue May 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Easiest answer? No one wants to hear about several hundred (or thousand) years of peaceful agrarian cultures.

We just aren't that captivating in the same way as "
Axes blazing in Glorious Battle"

Most Dietsch I know wouldn't feel very happy in Valhalla- considering we're pretty pacifistic, the idea of being hacked to bits daily, reassembling ourselves at dusk and then feasting?

....We're cool with the feasting-part, but the rest? Sounds painful.

Tyrienne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed May 20, 2015 3:35 pm

I just noticed that none of my replies included any offer of condolences. I'm so sorry!
I'm very weird about Death. I'm not afraid of it, I just don't experience feelings of grief when people pass on in my family so I guess it's hard to feel sympathy for people who aren't family. My younger brother died a couple years ago and I didn't cry. I cried when my older brother passes away in 95 but it was very unreal feeling, like I cried only because I was 'supposed to'. I I didn't cry when my grandparents died, when my aunt died and certainly not my dad who was a horrible criminal to his own family members.

I fall apart when animals die, but that's about it.
I guess the biggest reason I don't grieve over death is because to me the death isn't really real. To me they've simply passed on to a place where they're invisible here and it's hard to hear them here. But they are 'here' in the sense that our worlds are interpenetrating. I really only grieve when I find myself getting nostalgic for the first time after they pass. Then I realize they're really gone from here and I can't sit with my brother and openly enjoy all the new cartoons I know he'd love, like Metalocolpyse, Venture Bros. and so on. I sense he watches with me at times, but it's not the same. Plus, I guess I've just had so many human beings inflict such horrible amounts of pain on me that I just don't feel connected them the same way I am to animals who have done nothing other than love me with 'perfect love an' perfect trust."

But I'm so sorry you had to endure this loss and then act to fascillitate all that you had to.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top