"Loki" (well, kind of) in Elfquest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Loki" (well, kind of) in Elfquest?

Post by Corannhena on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:20 am

I've been re-reading my favorite comic book series, ElfQuest, on their website, where every issue published before 2014 is available for free, and I was on the Blood Of Ten Chiefs stories. Issue 1 has a very... familiar-looking character:

http://elfquest.com/read/index.php?s=TC/TC01&p=8

His name is Zarhan Fastfire and his (short, as he's a minor character) description says he's "the most clever among the firstborn [elves]" and "the last known firestarter". He's also called a "liar" by another character later on in the linked issue. Hm...

(note: this issue was not drawn by the original artist of the series, Wendy Pini. The style is vastly different from hers.)
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: "Loki" (well, kind of) in Elfquest?

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:21 am

Wow, good catch!
I have all the books except for the newest ones as I'm waiting for Vol 2 of "The Final Quest" to be published so I can get them at the same time.
I was going to start at the beginning and binge-read through all the way into the new ones!
It's been a long time since I've read them and I really hated how several did not have Wendy's art. I will watch for that guy when I look through them again! I do wonder if he was influenced by Loki, that is awfully coincidental.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:54 am

Blood Of Ten Chiefs is a spin-off of sorts so idk if they're in the books (which I, believe it or not, still don't have. Thinking about getting the Complete Elfquest, though). But like I said, you can read it on the website (elfquest.com) for free anyway. I haven't come across Zarhan in any other BOTC issues yet, though, but I'm only on number 4 of like... 18.

And yeah, I've been binge-reading the comics myself, albeit on the website. Original Quest is still my favorite, but I also really like the Grohmul Djun arc. And Shuna. Shuna's awesome.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:47 am

Yes, I have that, as Volume 9b of the collected graphic novels.
I was just looking at my shelf, and I have almost all of them ... I didn't get the ones about "The Rebels" or "Jink" which were like future story lines of a few elf descendants or something.
That's great though that they've put them up for free. Also it's good to see them all being republished.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top