Loki and polytheism

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loki and polytheism

Post by Darkamber on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 am

Read a great article on "Loki and polytheism" by Kyaza on her blog: https://heathenwoman.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/loki-polytheism/

It's about the importance for polytheists to free ourselves from a monotheistic (or duotheistic) world view. Many Heathens are still dominated by a monotheistic world view, where they have to have a good god and a devil, and they cast Odin as the good god and Loki as the devil. They can't wrap their heads around a concept where there are no "good" or "evil" gods. Odin isn't all "good"; he has a dark and sinister side. And Loki, of course, isn't "evil".

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Loki and polytheism

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:17 am

Darkamber wrote:Read a great article on "Loki and polytheism" by Kyaza on her blog: https://heathenwoman.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/loki-polytheism/

It's about the importance for polytheists to free ourselves from a monotheistic (or duotheistic) world view. Many Heathens are still dominated by a monotheistic world view, where they have to have a good god and a devil, and they cast Odin as the good god and Loki as the devil. They can't wrap their heads around a concept where there are no "good" or "evil" gods. Odin isn't all "good"; he has a dark and sinister side. And Loki, of course, isn't "evil".

Anyone who thinks Odin is good and Loki is evil has obviously not met either. In my experience, Odin is far darker than Loki and quite treacherous at times. Loki has a truthfulness the other gods lack. Just like that line from Scarface, " I always tell the truth-even when I lie"
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:58 am

To this day I'm still wary to say "hello" to Odin, lol. The more I learn about Norse lore the less I understand about modern Heathens' views! And the less I trust Him. ;p
At the same time though I know these Guys are tight.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Lokakisa wrote:To this day I'm still wary to say "hello" to Odin, lol. The more I learn about Norse lore the less I understand about modern Heathens' views! And the less I trust Him. ;p

Oh man. Odin had to go and make a sexual referece at Loki's expense about being 'tight' Then grabbed him and gave him a dry hump and laughed. Apparently he does stuff like that when he catches Loki in his more serious moods. Apparently, annoying Loki is a pastime of Odin's, lol.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 pm

Odin.Chris wrote:
Lokakisa wrote:To this day I'm still wary to say "hello" to Odin, lol. The more I learn about Norse lore the less I understand about modern Heathens' views! And the less I trust Him. ;p

Oh man.  Odin had to go and make a sexual referece at Loki's expense about being 'tight' Then grabbed him and gave him a dry hump and laughed.  Apparently he does stuff like that when he catches Loki in his more serious moods.  Apparently, annoying Loki is a pastime of Odin's, lol.
Loki can be annoyed? XD
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 am

>.> Odin!! LOL

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:17 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:
Odin.Chris wrote:

Oh man.  Odin had to go and make a sexual referece at Loki's expense about being 'tight' Then grabbed him and gave him a dry hump and laughed.  Apparently he does stuff like that when he catches Loki in his more serious moods.  Apparently, annoying Loki is a pastime of Odin's, lol.
Loki can be annoyed?  XD  

Apparently so! Or at least mildly irritated. Laughing
You'd think Loki more than anyone would be able to appreciate inappropriate moments. For him it's more of an irritated look and a "Knock it off, you!"
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Maybe it's because He wasn't the one instigating! XD
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 am