A surprise rune reading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A surprise rune reading

Post by Darkamber on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:57 am

I just got a rune reading from Laine DeLaney. It was long and in-depth.
I asked what was going in in our relationship, why he seemed so distant lately.
The message I got in short was: "work with Thor for a year and then I'll come back"
This was a big surprise!
I have never worked with Thor before.
I've met him in a dream, once. He seemed very friendly and approachable.
Now I'll have to figure out what kind of offerings he'll like. Luckily I have a friend who is a Thors woman.
Have any of you had any contact with Thor?

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A surprise rune reading

Post by njm on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:05 pm

I've not had contact with Thor myself, though I include him in offerings at each solstice. Good luck with contacting him!

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:12 am

Wow. Pretty bizarre and random
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:37 am

Huh. It's surprising to hear Loki say something like that, not that He doesn't lead people to other gods of course, but when does He ever turn away from His devotees?
Not sure if "turn away" is the right phrase ... but still.
Was there no explanation as to why?

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Thor is awesome. I've become quite close with Him over the past year. I know a lot of people get all "up in arms" about Marvel vs. reality, but Marvel Thor really isn't too far off from Real Thor, to me. They're similar is that Thor is, yeah, big and strong. But He's a good Person. He has a big heart and cares very much about those He loves. He'll do whatever needs to be done to protect them. He's very honest, but I have seen Him troll a little. Not nearly as bad as Loki, thank goodness. But He certainly can be funny. He got me the other day with a rune reading. I drew 3 runes for a Leap Year day reading. I drew Thuriaz, Othila, and Raidho. Yep, He spelled me His name. Haha!
(Sorry I haven't been on in so long. I've had my hands fuller than full here. And they might stay full for a while. I'm looking to move out of my house in about 2 months.)
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Wow, seems like a lot of people are moving lately :p We're (my mom and I) are going to move in with some friends to help save on rent/utilities, in hopefully about a month or so. (We haven't found a house yet, though)

Anyway, Thor. I've only interacted with/talked to him once (his pendulum movements were quite large :p ) but he seemed pretty friendly, at least to me.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:21 am

journeyintoinsanity wrote: I drew Thuriaz, Othila, and Raidho.  Yep, He spelled me His name.  Haha!
(Sorry I haven't been on in so long.  I've had my hands fuller than full here.  And they might stay full for a while.  I'm looking to move out of my house in about 2 months.)

Thurisaz-Othila-Raidho is not only Thor's name, I see Thor loading the truck to help you move from your home!
Wishing you the best, and to the little one. I hope you are well!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:18 am

Lokakisa wrote:Huh. It's surprising to hear Loki say something like that, not that He doesn't lead people to other gods of course, but when does He ever turn away from His devotees?
Not sure if "turn away" is the right phrase ... but still.
Was there no explanation as to why?

The only explanation was that I would benefit from working with Thor.
You'd think I would get some sign about this, but I haven't. Unless the rune reading itself is the sign. It's a bit confusing. Why would Loki step back because I am to work with Thor?

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:33 am

I was thinking about you when on my browsing the net I read a lot of stuff by Freya Aswynn. I don't agree, or see everything as she says, but it is insightful to read her stuff. She has new web page on http://aswynn.com/ and among else in part named "Odin the Initiator" she wrote among else:

"I would have travelled through the nine worlds and back to speak to Odin. No other motives were ever involved, my mind operated on only one track: Odin, Odin and again Odin.

Then one day I woke up and Odin was gone! So far as I was concerned I was finished and ready to ‘go and see him in person’ and find out what the f*** was going on. As I was contemplating my one way ticket to Asgard, my wolf brother rang up, some question or comment about Valkyries, and he intuited that something was very wrong.
He went out on a vision quest and contacted Odin about this matter. Odin showed him a little crusted cap of some rust-colored material on my crown chakra. Kveldulfr was instructed by Odin to strike it with Gungnir, the cap burst apart and I was back to normal.

I was however very anxious about the fact that any asshole with a grudge could disconnect me from Odin, my Inner Plane contact. I was thinking about finding a way to eliminate this possibility forever, well at least for this incarnation. I had the idea, but not quite the audacity, to suggest it."

Even Aswynn got separated from Odin and it was not Odin who could fix it...
Sorry, it has nothing to do with Thor. Working with Him may not hurt, though. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:02 am

That is scary though, that someone else can block you from the gods!

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:44 am

Yes, it is.  
You may remember what I wrote about year ago. I think it was deleted on my blog with most of my posts, but it still may be somewhere around here. Something attacked my in the house. Short version is, I fell on the door frame in such a force it nearly broke my cheekbone. From where I stood is under normal circumstances impossible, unless someone pushed me with great force. It was revealed to me later it was a Power acting per human request. I know no more details and I feel lucky it never repeated.
There are prices for connection to divine. I don't hear other voices, but after I first heard Loki I got hiss in my both ears, non-stopping and present all the time, even when I plug my ears with fingers. Sometimes it is less, but it is never off. I don't hear it as much when I play music using headphones, and not at all when Loki is present. There are days it drives me batshit crazy. I'm learning to cope with it, after nearly 2 years I realized it won't go away.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:49 am

My only thought here is that a lot of us have become kind of singular in our devotion, though some have seemed to branch out ... I mean I know there were Thorsmen and Freyr-priests and the like but were the Norse ever like Christians in being so devoted to one god only?
I don't know. Trying to understand a faith with so little remaining evidence is difficult.
i think it's good when we say hello to another god once in a while, or work with some spirits, particularly if you feel nudged to do so.
If you go for Dagulf's theory that Thor is thunder and Loki is lightning, or at the very least think about how much They travel and do things together, then maybe you could let Thor take the reigns for a while. I'm sure Loki would still be there, and I don't think you have to stop talking to Him or anything.
Thor is a great protector with immense strength, and not the dummy everyone thinks He is, so maybe Loki feels you could benefit from Thor's energy for a little while?
Maybe read (or re-read) His stories.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:50 pm

I could definitely benefit from Thor's bravery in dealing with anxiety. I can't take public transportation due to anxiety. I wish to overcome that, especially since I don't have a car.

It's been my theory, too, that Thor is thunder and Loki is lightning, so it's interesting to see that others have the same theory.

Luckily I know a Thorswoman who can introduce me to Thor.
She has said that he likes us working together, that it benefits us both.

According to the rune reading, Loki would step into the background while I work with Thor. That saddens me.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Yup. There are definitely people out there who who are jealous and who will go to great lengths to drive a!wedge between people and their gods.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:43 am

Lokakisa wrote:My only thought here is that a lot of us have become kind of singular in our devotion, though some have seemed to branch out ... I mean I know there were Thorsmen and Freyr-priests and the like but were the Norse ever like Christians in being so devoted to one god only?

It seems that a lot of people focus on one god/goddess. So in practicality they are henotheists.
Maybe it's easier coming from a monotheist culture?
I myself only honour Loki regularly.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:47 am

I have got an additional rune reading/divination from my friend the Thorswoman, and her reading and intuition indicated that I should work with Sif and not Thor.
Now I'm more confused than ever.

I've only met Sif very briefly in a dream. She was standing on a grassy knoll in a village, and I asked her if she'd seen Loki, and she pointed me in the direction he'd gone. That's all the interaction I've ever had with her.

I find it curious that I haven't personally got a nudge to work with Someone Else than Loki, unless the rune readings are the nudge?

I'm confused.

I guess I should light a candle and give an offering to Thor and Sif and see if something happens. Tell Them They are welcome to visit me in my dreams.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:05 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:
journeyintoinsanity wrote: I drew Thuriaz, Othila, and Raidho.  Yep, He spelled me His name.  Haha!
(Sorry I haven't been on in so long.  I've had my hands fuller than full here.  And they might stay full for a while.  I'm looking to move out of my house in about 2 months.)

Thurisaz-Othila-Raidho is not only Thor's name, I see Thor loading the truck to help you move from your home!
Wishing you the best, and to the little one. I hope you are well!
Haha! Yep, He'd be loading it all Himself! As long as He's careful with the antiques! XD

journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:03 pm

I really don't know what to make of your rune readings.
I'm sure it can't hurt to invite Thor and Sif into your life, but beyond that, I dunno.
I know you're probably tired of spending money or whatever, but have you considered getting a channeling from one of the diviners I used?
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Norse-Gods-Goddesses-Psychic-Reading-Personalized-Guidance-Channeled-Message/303488160

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Were they any good? Which one did you use?
I'm normally sceptical of channelings.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:35 pm

I posted about it in the Professional diviners thread (the link above takes you to the specific listing). That and the Trickster's reading I got from Etsy. I was pleased with them both. They were reassuring at any rate. I'm skeptical too, and can never be sure 100%, but I'm starting to notice repeated messages throughout the different readings I've have done.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:50 am

I got a new rune reading. This one made more sense:

The message is pretty clear. You have, from Loki's perspective, been
recovering from something important that happened. I gather you took a
risk that didn't pan out, and the result has left you fatigued or even
physically ill. The risk was only indirectly related to your
relationship with Him, so don't worry that it's a problem or anything.
Once you're strong enough He'll return.

Meanwhile, He took the opportunity of you needing some down-time to go
work on something else that would not have been good for you to be
involved in.

So basically, His being distant was deliberate, but not a sign of
anything bad going on between you. He simply perceived that you needed
some recovery time without His chaotic influence interfering with your
energy for a bit, and took the opportunity to get some stuff done that
wouldn't be good for you to be connected with Him while He did it
anyway.

So maybe that is why Loki has been so distant since 2012, since I've been very ill since then.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:01 am

After what happened when he 'opened you up' perhaps he's afraid to be near for fear of causing you pain.

Perhaps he needs to hear from you that you don't think that's the right approach. Perhaps he needs to hear from you that being alienated from him is almost as scary and painful as the incident. Tell him that in the human world friends are needed to draw nearer not back off further in most cases. Tell him you need him now and to stop making marriage decisions for the both of you- It's a partnership. You need to be included in the decisions. He's your spouse not your well meaning dad doing what he thinks is best for you. Or should be, imo
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:44 am

I can try and tell him that.
I agree, it's supposed to be a marriage, not a parent-child relationship.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:03 am

Interesting. Remind him that time is different for us; that's a long time to feel that way and you need Him back.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top