Marvel Avengers Academy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marvel Avengers Academy

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:22 am

This is not the same as the comic book series - it's a new app! From TinyCo, the folks who brought us Family Guy:The Quest For Stuff. So if you've played that, then you know it's nothing more than a money grab despite being a free game. lol
Anyway! Here are some links -

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/10/marvel-avengers-academy-trailer-released
(check out that heartthrob Thor!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeTFK5vO7HI
(video of how to unlock Loki - this sort of seems like the "Agent of Asgard" version)

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/5/9678096/you-can-finally-date-loki-in-marvel-avengers-academy
(yeah ... this game will include dating LOLOLOL)

Family Guy:TQFS takes up a lot of space on my iPad but if I have the room I think I might give this a go.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marvel Avengers Academy

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:13 pm

You actually get Loki fairly early in the game, which is nice. His voice is low, not only do I mean deep but you have to turn the volume up to hear it clearly. I haven't found who the voice actor is yet, it sounds deeper than Troy Baker who does Lego Loki (then again this isn't a Lego game so it seems all the voices are different. John Cena is the Hulk). Tony and Wasp have loud obnoxious voices, lol. But they're funny. The dialogue is cute. And when Loki isn't on a task, he struts around with a funny walk.
It looks like as you level up you "buy" rank-ups for the characters, so they go from looking like teenagers to more like the movies. Loki goes from teenage-Loki to more like Agent of Asgard-Loki to Avengers movie-Loki.
Already the first money grab has been thrown in my face - to buy maxed out Vision for oodles of shards. Not!
Oh and at a certain level you unlock the dating (which I haven't got to yet) and apparently some sort of dress-up option where you can change their looks, like have Black Widow wear a dress, or change Loki to Frost Jotun-form (which is actually kinda hot).
There isn't a whole lot of info or official screenshots out, but heck it's a free game and with patience you'll get to see it all.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:52 pm

I've been thinking of installing this game.  How do I invite/friend you if I do?  My Facebook is Christine Hardwick if you need to friend/invite me that way

I play Marvel: Future Fight. You get to choose whoever you want as your first char. I got Loki of course. I got Thor soon after. I have almost all of them now. Sadly, this game seduced money out of my pocket. >.>. <.< >.>
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 am

Ooh I never heard of that one, but frankly I don't think I have any more room on my iPad. All my games are glitchy and running slow now.
I have no idea if there is a friends option in Avengers Academy. I'm looking at it right now and don't see anything.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:42 pm

I cannot play anything...what a shame, I know! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:I cannot play anything...what a shame, I know! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  

You're almost better off.  They're colossal time killers and eventually one or two games will sweet talk some money from you to get something you want bad.

Some games are classified by the industry as Pay to Win because they become virtually unwinnable or unplayable unless you buy something to boost the game for you.

You know.  Like real life: pay to win. Rolling Eyes
It sucks.  Greed has seeped into our avenues of escapism now
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Ooh, I'm installing it right now!! XD
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Lokakisa wrote:You actually get Loki fairly early in the game, which is nice. His voice is low, not only do I mean deep but you have to turn the volume up to hear it clearly. I haven't found who the voice actor is yet, it sounds deeper than Troy Baker who does Lego Loki (then again this isn't a Lego game so it seems all the voices are different. John Cena is the Hulk). Tony and Wasp have loud obnoxious voices, lol. But they're funny. The dialogue is cute. And when Loki isn't on a task, he struts around with a funny walk.
It looks like as you level up you "buy" rank-ups for the characters, so they go from looking like teenagers to more like the movies. Loki goes from teenage-Loki to more like Agent of Asgard-Loki to Avengers movie-Loki.
Already the first money grab has been thrown in my face - to buy maxed out Vision for oodles of shards. Not!
Oh and at a certain level you unlock the dating (which I haven't got to yet) and apparently some sort of dress-up option where you can change their looks, like have Black Widow wear a dress, or change Loki to Frost Jotun-form (which is actually kinda hot).
There isn't a whole lot of info or official screenshots out, but heck it's a free game and with patience you'll get to see it all.

Troy Baker! I never really got enthused about voice actors but I remember him. He did the voice of Lt. Col. Frank Archer from the first Fullmetal Alchemist series. But my favorite is Eric Vale, the voice actor of that sexy sociopath Zolf Kimblee, the Crimson Alchemist, The Mad Bomber of Ishval. Lol.

You know what sucks? I installed Academy and there isn't any social aspects! I haven't found any way to friend people! Plus it's a tad sucky that you have to wait soooooooo long for Thor! Lvl 32 or something.

Seriously though, you should give Marvel Future Fight a try. It's not just Avengers, it's all sorts of Marvel characters. They just added female Goddess of Thunder Thor. ( Jane Foster )

Really Marvel?

Why her, ffs? And how does This become unworthy? I hope the upcoming movies explain some of this because I just cannot afford a comic habit. I kid you not! A crack addiction would be cheaper. My grandmother never made my brother pay a red cent for rent bills or food from his disability check, so all his money went for two things: weed and comics. Mostly Marvel and Vertigo
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:13 am

Yeah I don't think Avengers Academy has a social feature. But it just came out this month so you never know.
The new time-limited beach plot line is hilarious. Beach Humbuggery Loki! LOLOL
If I'm not mistaken, Troy Baker also did the voice for Abel Nightroad in Trinity Blood, that's where I remember him from.
But OMG yes, I have been suckered into the money drains, Family Guy and My Little Pony are bad about that. They are just flat out designed to make you spend money if you want anything. Especially time-limited things. I've been scrambling to get the Star Trek characters in FG this time around. That game is funny as hell but will suck your time every event.
I'm starting to see how Avengers Academy is trying to get you to spend money also. It's gonna take a lot of crystals to get Frost Giant Loki.
But yeah, I was also surprised at how long it takes before you get to like Hulk and Thor.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:28 am

Lokakisa wrote:Yeah I don't think Avengers Academy has a social feature. But it just came out this month so you never know.
The new time-limited beach plot line is hilarious. Beach Humbuggery Loki! LOLOL
If I'm not mistaken, Troy Baker also did the voice for Abel Nightroad in Trinity Blood, that's where I remember him from.
But OMG yes, I have been suckered into the money drains, Family Guy and My Little Pony are bad about that. They are just flat out designed to make you spend money if you want anything. Especially time-limited things. I've been scrambling to get the Star Trek characters in FG this time around. That game is funny as hell but will suck your time every event.
I'm starting to see how Avengers Academy is trying to get you to spend money also. It's gonna take a lot of crystals to get Frost Giant Loki.
But yeah, I was also surprised at how long it takes before you get to like Hulk and Thor.

What level are you with MLP? That game pissed me off soooooooo seriously! I got a newbie deal for a pony and some credits but that's all I spent on that game. Then my tablet crashed trying to play it and I lost all my data. At the time there was absolutely no cloud storage to save your game data. They replaced my in game currency but all my time and ponies were gone. The second time around it didn't crash and it looked basically the same as pre-crash ponyville but then the sprites became impossible to keep under control. I woke up one day and ponyville was totally infested. I needed butterflies and some other hard to get crystal from the mines to get rid of them. But like a Hydra: kill one, two take it's place. So regrettably, I quit. Once I saw ignored forum complaints on the issue I saw it for what it was: a sink hole for money. Fuck that shit. I refuse to play a game or pay money to make the pain in ass features go bye bye. Isn't it enough that real life is that way? Now my escapism has to be art imitating life in the very worst way?

Family Guy. I just got bored with it and haven't played in months. The quest chains got to be too stressful. It's possible to get time sensitive rewards for free....if you don't need sleep that is! I still have Jean Luc wandering around Quahog, lol. Perhaps it's time to play it again. How about MLP? Do they have game data restoration yet? Like Facebook or Google to restore data? Last I played, they changed it so you can't add and play with fb friends anymore. You have to add new friends by Gameloft ID number. Fuck you Gameloft! Lol. Is it still a super parasprite breeding ground?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:20 pm

I think I'm around level, uh, 97 or something in MLP.
Oh it has its moments that's for sure. At one point they were having a real problem with people getting reset to level 1. Apple Support is good for getting your money back if in-game customer service doesn't take care of your problem. But I ended up playing again. They do have cloud storage now. It's kind of boring once you finish all the quests though. Unlike Family Guy they don't add new questlines, just throw in a few new characters or something you play a minigame for or have to buy outright with gems. I check it every once in a while to see if I can get new characters but the balloon pop game is outrageous - you could try a thousand times and not get one damn pony. I don't mind the parasprites and stuff since they drop gems every so often (and there are very few ways to earn gems without spending $$). They will always be there unless you somehow fill up every single space. Once you have enough shops and play through the minecart game enough, you'll have crystals to spare. There's usually no hurry to clear the sprites and such, unless there is a time-limited social event. And yes they took away the social aspect for US players so everybody is identified by a Gameloft ID and a silly pony name. I'm Magic Pie lol. I think there is some law or something in the US because 'Murica is terrified that pedophiles are stalking their kids. Not that it doesn't happen. But that's the reason they gave for the change.
Family Guy is terrible for having extremely long timers on character tasks, and having really convoluted ways of obtaining drops for time-limited events. I'm stuck on the very last Star Trek quest because Talosian Stewie is impossible to complete without me spending $20 for clams.
But you know, they're called "freemium" games for a reason. The money ploys are really obvious.
I still have plenty of questlines to go with Family Guy, it keeps me entertained for the most part. The dialog really has me laughing out loud sometimes.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Yeah. Freemium and Pay to Win. Mad Evil or Very Mad
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:12 pm

My Little Pony code is 226be0
Family Guy I guess it's through FB and Google+. Both mine are Christine Hardwick
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:07 am

Added you on MLP. My code is 743c.
Is it me or does the game run really slow now?

Hm, I'm not on Facebook, seems like that's the only choice FG is giving me for inviting friends.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top