Calendar as New Feature!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Calendar as New Feature!

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that this forum theme includes a calendar! The calendar link is the second item in the menu just below our banner. I encourage everyone to use it freely. It's perfect for birthday announcements, marking Heathen/Pagan Holidays or sharing information on events coming up in your area.

Another benefit of this theme is the inclusion of a profile link in the menu. As most of you know, the profile ninja'd behind the messages link on the old menu!

So how does everyone like the new theme? I think the other one had richer colors but they were more crimson/maroon than the red-orange of this theme.

Subforums appear below their parent forums instead of as links under the parent forum. Personally I rather liked a more compact index presentation, but it's really more of an OCD thing than an efficiency thing. I already have one thumbs up from a fellow member for the new layout.

Aside from a few minor glitches, everything else went smoothly. Our forum now has free hosting with just a couple ads.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Calendar as New Feature!

Post by erinlale on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:53 am

I like the new colors.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:55 am

Just a side note: the send button below the post is tiny and the same color as the background, and "post reply" just to the left and below is big and a contrasting color, so I pressed the wrong button when I tried to reply and it erased what I had written and I had to do it over. If you could made the correct button more prominent, that would be great.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:46 am

I did the same thing first time I posted.

I don't think it's possible to do small changes with the layout here.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:34 pm

Yeah, it's easy to accidentally tap the preview button instead of send when using the quick reply form. There are actually ways to make changes to font styles, colors and even change buttons built into this sites tools. However, it's waaaay advanced and opens up a text code window. I shuddered and got away from there lest the forum explode from touching the wrong thing. After I finish moving and settling I may start up an experiential board for the purpose of learning this stuff instead of using our forum as a guinea pig.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top