Heyo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heyo

Post by Briley on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm one of those alters in the DID system Torikitt's host of. She said I should introduce myself, because of some things going on for me that have made me reassess my soul-searching hiatus.

My name's Briley, I'm old, I'm male (he/him/his), my job here is to protect our group from harm, while also being affectionate and nurturing for the littler ones and those who deal with a lot of fear, in our group, and outside with our friends / chosen family.

As for spiritual whatnot, I'm an open-minded soul, and do believe there's likely other non-human beings out there. I can't remember much of my upbringing, due to the being-an-alter situation, but I believe I may have been "
raised"
(as much as an alter can be) in Catholicism, as that's always felt very homey to me. When I think about non-christian-god things, I feel open enough, but it was only this last week that I really locked down any firm opinions. I do think I can get behind the existence of the Norse gods, and I believe I may have had a bit of a vision, though I dislike the word.

I don't like woo-woo-faith stuff much, but Equa said I should give talking about it a go. We think Loki's wolf son tried to get my attention last week. Big fella. A little scraggly. Equa met him today briefly, introduced by Loki, and was compelled to compel me to sign up here.

Briley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heyo

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi! Nice to meet you. Smile

Loki's scraggly wolf son is my Husband. XD (I'm a Godspouse.) Fen is a good one to know. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Briley on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:21 pm

Oh! Well then. Pleasure's mine. I might bend your ear with questions come a bit. What I saw of him wasn't much but he seemed very concerned that I pay notice. Sat there staring at me til I got the "
take a picture, it lasts longer"
impulse. I get the idea from all Equa's said that he's not too popular in wider pagan circles. Something to do with world-chomping prophesies? Not sure what I'm to make of any interest from him. I do like dogs. But somehow I doubt that's particularly relevant.

Briley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Ha! Bend my ear all you like. Fen is sometimes seen as a darker figure, like Loki and the rest of the family. But those are usually the folks that get wrapped up in lore and never bother to form friendships/relationships. There are a few of us members here that are of the thought that the end-of-the-world story isn't exactly accurate. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I kinda think having Loki and His children bound, etc was a ruse.

Sorry I dumped all that out! I'm in a rather chatty mood today! XD

Oh, and the dog thing isn't particularly relevant because I'm a crazy cat lady!! Ha ha!
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Briley on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:59 pm

A ruse, eh? I could see that. Truth be told, a good lot of the mythology we've got from any source, Christian, Norse, Chinese, whathaveyou, is going to have holes, reinterpretations by humans and otherwise, and very likely what was there when humans first got wind of it wasn't the whole truth and nothing but. If someone had to tell humans so they could record it, one has to wonder who did the telling and what others have to say.

I will say, Fenrir's a big lad. I have no doubt he could swallow up a big helping of world if he had the mind. As to whether he does or not, I'm not sure I care. Seemed harmless enough from my fleeting impression.

Don't worry about the chattiness. Not much I love more than shooting the breeze.

Briley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi. Nice to meet you.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Briley on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:10 pm

Pleasure.

Briley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Briley wrote:A ruse, eh? I could see that. Truth be told, a good lot of the mythology we've got from any source, Christian, Norse, Chinese, whathaveyou, is going to have holes, reinterpretations by humans and otherwise, and very likely what was there when humans first got wind of it wasn't the whole truth and nothing but. If someone had to tell humans so they could record it, one has to wonder who did the telling and what others have to say.

I will say, Fenrir's a big lad. I have no doubt he could swallow up a big helping of world if he had the mind. As to whether he does or not, I'm not sure I care. Seemed harmless enough from my fleeting impression.

Don't worry about the chattiness. Not much I love more than shooting the breeze.
Exactly. That's pretty much my take on lore from anywhere. Open to interpretation. And yeah, Fen can be big in Wolf Mode. Or He can be smaller. Or in dude form. Whatever suits the moment. But yeah, for me He's very kind. One of those "
still waters run deep"
types. But get Him going with jokes or harmless trolling, and He's nearly as bad as His dad! (But better behaved!) XD
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Briley on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:42 pm

That sounds very endearing. What I saw, and I'm still coming to terms with having seen it, was more or less a great shaggy wolf with golden brown whiskey-sort-of eyes, sitting and staring, and sort of tilting his head a bit. He reached out a paw before leaving, but he didn't say anything or try to let me know why he was there that I could tell, and the 'vision' was in the small hours, when I was very tired, so I'm not sure how much stock to give it. He struck me as not a bad sort though. Calm, at least. And patient. Unnervingly.

Briley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Briley, welcome to forum! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:30 pm

... o_o Oh hai. You did the thing. Welcome? lol

ToriKitt

View user profile http://www.giver-of-trials.zohosites.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I've dealt a bit with Fenrir and He was very gentle and kind with me. He was often amused by me, for some reason. He seemed pretty good-humoured.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:04 am

Briley wrote:That sounds very endearing. What I saw, and I'm still coming to terms with having seen it, was more or less a great shaggy wolf with golden brown whiskey-sort-of eyes, sitting and staring, and sort of tilting his head a bit. He reached out a paw before leaving, but he didn't say anything or try to let me know why he was there that I could tell, and the 'vision' was in the small hours, when I was very tired, so I'm not sure how much stock to give it. He struck me as not a bad sort though. Calm, at least. And patient. Unnervingly.
Yep, sounds like Him. And no, not a bad sort at all. I've been through some rough stuff, and He's been my rock and anchor. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 am

Hello and welcome! =^.^=

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Briley on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:26 am

Thanks for the additional welcomes, everyone.

Briley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi Briley.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:17 am

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have a male around. You should be quite popular here. :;
):
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum