My first meeting with Loki

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My first meeting with Loki

Post by Darkamber on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:08 am

I first met Loki back in early 1997. It wouldn't be until 2011 that I figured out who He was.

One early morning I half awoke and felt a man lying against my back, with an arm around my waist. I knew that it couldn't be a physical man, because the bed was too narrow for someone to be actually lying behind me. I remember I thought "
Oh, this is nice"
and fell asleep again. It didn't freak me out at all. The Presence felt comforting and familiar.
I came to name Him just the Presence in my bed. He never spoke to me, but He would come to me and cuddle with me now and again. He did it for years. Then, after I moved to a new apartment, He didn't visit me anymore. I was a bit sad, because I missed Him.

Then in November 2011 I invited Loki into my life, inspired by a friend who had a Patron, to see if I had a Patron, too.
I first tried to sit and meditate and imagine that Someone was standing by my side, but that didn't work. So, one evening after going to bed, I prayed first to the Divine, and asked if I had a Patron/Matron and if this Person could come to me in my dreams. Then I added a prayer to Loki and told Him He was my favourite god, and that I would like to work with Him.
A couple of weeks later He visited my dreams for the first time. He continued to visit my dreams.
Then the Presence in my bed came back to cuddle with me, and I realised He had been Loki all along!

What is your first meeting with Loki?

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My first meeting with Loki

Post by Lokakisa on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:20 am

I've probably repeated it ad nauseum but the Marvel movies got the ball rolling for me. But it wasn't an instant "
I'm gonna worship This Guy."
It was more, once I saw "
Thor"
on TV, I was like I gotta see more of this Loki-fellow and I rushed to see "
Avengers"
and "
Thor 2"
as soon as I could. ;
p
I'm not sure what my first meeting was really ... it could have been watching the Comic-Con appearance on Youtube. It sounds silly but that really spoke to me, it's like that wasn't an actor, that was A GOD onstage. "
Say my name"
resonated with me, like "
hey yoohoo look at Me wanna have some fun?"

Then as I was still Kemetic at the time, suddenly noticing His name mentioned on the House of Netjer forum, as that was the only pagan place I hung out in ... then it became a whirlwind of "
I must read everything about Him"
and I started reading some fiction and looking up websites and talking to my fellow Kemetics about Him.
I was already unhappy with my spiritual path and looking around for alternatives ... at some point I called out to several gods, Loki included, indicating my interest. I got the impression that He could meet all my needs and more. My version of Him is like Pan, Hekate, Mafdet and Loki all rolled into one.
Sure we're all enamored with HiddlesLoki but it was actually a totality of various versions/depictions that had me falling in love. It wasn't so much "
oh He has a pretty face"
but "
look at all the great things His devotees say about Him, He's not a villain at all!"

To this day I don't know who really reached out first, or whether our paths just happened to cross and we got each other's attention at the same time.
I talked to my current-at-the-time patrons Sekhmet and Bast a lot, and felt Them sort of recede to the background like parents letting a child walk unaided, leaving me in Loki's hands.
Soon after I was writing a letter to the head of the House of Netjer to announce my change in patron god/change in membership status (as a courtesy). While I was composing the email I felt something poke me a few times in the back, like a "
hurry and get this done"
excitement.
Then when all was said and done and I said "
okay I'm Yours,"
it seemed like He hovered about for a few weeks, but that feeling has faded.
Making this change prompted me to pursue genetic DNA testing, and imagine my surprise to find out I'm mostly Scandinavian. My parents and grandparents were really surprised! No one seemed to know. So it's like I've come home to the god of my ancestors.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:20 am

Oh wow, y'all! Very Happy

I also came to Him from Marvel. Like Kisa, I saw "
Thor"
on TV and I REALLY liked that Loki guy. That followed with "
Avengers"
and "
Thor 2."
And the Comic Con "
Say my name"
thing! XD I jumped headfirst into the comics, fan fictions, and character analyses. Couldn't read enough about him.

But something just didn't seem right about the Marvel character. He was depicted as the villain, but some people saw past that. I didn't buy that he was "
evil"
just because, so I started looking for more material along those lines. That's where I came across mythology and blog entries from people who were polytheists. That got the wheels turning. And His attention. I noticed that when I would think about the character and visualize hypothetical scenes, things were "
different."
The character didn't seem like the character anymore. Then things started happening in my house. Little things that were too coincidental. And then one night, I woke up drenched in sweat with the sensation of someone tickling me. That's when I started wondering if this Gods Stuff was actually real.

I hadn't read my tarot cards in 5 years, but I busted them out and tried to figure out what the crap was going on. It was Loki, trying to get my attention. I was completely shocked and blown away! I know now that the character was His way into my life, and He'd been waiting for me to put two and two together and realize it was Him I was drawn to and not the character. That's why I felt that the character was "
wrong"
and I tried to justify it with research. Marvel Loki wasn't "
my"
Loki, and I was trying to make the character, in my mind, align with the Loki I knew all those lifetimes ago. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:33 am

Although Loki came BACK into my life in a big way because of the Marvel movies, my first meeting with him was this:

http://witchesandpagans.com/pagan-paths ... sters.html

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:36 am

Aww...
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by AzaleaMoon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:00 pm

My Loki interest was sparked by Marvel as well. I had been interested in Thor for a while before that after reading one of my witchcraft books, His name came up in a list of deities associated with specific astrological signs (in His case, Pisces, which is my sign).

About 3 years ago, my best friend got me into Marvel by watching Avengers with me, and we started wondering about the real Loki and decided to reach out to Him. We were apprehensive because of His reputation as the villain in the myths (thanks, Snorri) but we went ahead and connected with what we believed at the time to be Him and have been in contact since (although we're not sure if it was all genuine now, after the possible spiritual/demonic attack my friend experienced recently, where an entity was apparently posing as Loki to get close to her. Still not sure if it was really demonic or psychological, possibly a bit of both).
In my own experience Loki has been nothing but kind, if a bit playfully mischievous.

The leader of the Circle my friend and I are members of told us about her experience with Loki too. They were doing a ritual (this was before my friend and I joined) and invited Loki in, and as soon as they did, stuff started going wrong (in a mildly annoying, funny way, nothing bad). Things were getting dropped, people were tripping over their own feet etc. He must have been in the mood for some fun that night. Very Happy

AzaleaMoon

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Ha! Things going mildly irritatingly wrong sounds about right! He must've been in a fun mood that day! XD
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by AzaleaMoon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:23 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Ha! Things going mildly irritatingly wrong sounds about right! He must've been in a fun mood that day! XD
Yep! Our Circle had an interesting encounter with Thor too. We were away on a Beltane weekend and asked for some rain to cool things down so we could have a campfire without having to worry about fire restrictions. About 10 minutes later we got a full-on storm - rain, lightning, thunder the whole shebang - to the point where a ceiling tile fell in (no one was hurt luckily). I have to wonder if that was entirely Thor or if he brought Loki with him.

AzaleaMoon

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:52 pm

I'd known of Loki and found him interesting for years, but my first real encounter was while I was writing my novel in which he is a main character. I was writing away and I just felt his presence so clearly. The novel took on a whole new, personal meaning for me after that, and Loki's been with me ever since. Smile

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:16 am

2003 I got my own computer and downloaded various versions of Norse Myths and tales, Eddas included. I didn't read them until 2014.

From movie point of view I loved The Mask movie, and I still do. I was very disappointed with Son of the Mask because it made Loki look more than a little stupid. The Mask movie made me want to know more about Loki, but when I begun to read some of the myths I had, I didn't like how Loki was described. I read no more until last year, when I managed to go through Eddas.

Marvel had little impact on me because I go to movies often. I liked the first Thor, but it was just another movie. My daughter asked me what will happen to Loki after the end, if He died. I remember saying "
no, he will go underground to learn magic from dwarfs"
. Where I got it I dunno, from some reading I must have done I guess. Avengers left me unimpressed, as far as Loki went, because I didn't see Loki that way. I liked the movie. Still, I managed to make a funny statement when I talk about it with a friend, that there was no Loki in Avengers.... Shortly after the Thor Two (Dark World) movie I got the huge poster of Thor, which is still hanging in my living room, and every time I passed around I said why we didn't get Loki. And it didn't get long I absolutely had to get the Hot Toys Loki figure. But when I had it I wanted red head and got another one and customized it.

From the out on the limb encounters
It was fall 2013 I first time I experienced Loki's presence. I didn't know it was Loki, for the fact, I didn't know what was it at all. I came to a place to meet people, some I knew, some I didn't. Right when I walked in the room, before I was able to see who is there, and where I am, I was enveloped in some energy, something very strange and powerful, and made me think of a god. The fact was I had to sit down and the only thought I had, was this must feel when someone is in presence of Buddha. Why Buddha, I guess it was my way to eliminate the Christian god. I was not able to think of anything until the end of the day, talk to people or do what I came to meeting for, and I lost my way home and browsed the streets because I was thinking of what happened. Loki told me it was Him after we wed.

I invited Loki in my life in May 2014, and He instantly presented Himself with an energy and couldn't believe it, I wanted some proof. I wrote this on LJ just after it happened: My daughter had some ceremony-presentation at school I had to be there too. I got so much on my mind, thinking about Loki, I made the wish, asking Him to present, confirm it is Him, that He is the a god and He is Loki.
Nothing happened until the end. Each girl had to pick the candle and matches from under the chair, lit it up, and recite something about the lighting the path etc.
My daughter stood in first row, and only one out of 60 girls without a candle. She handled the situation bravely.
I was shaken and sure.

Then, last December I had vivid vision of meeting Loki on the street for a few minutes. He walked towards me, I was very unsure what to do, I knew it is Him, and I froze. He came to me, we talked, actually He talked, I stuttered. I gave Him the ring from my finger and He gave me something else, I cannot mention, in exchange. Then He hugged me, and the strangest thing, He didn't disappeared, He walked away. It was the moment my family came to sight and commented on my startled look.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynx on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:27 pm

erinlale wrote:Although Loki came BACK into my life in a big way because of the Marvel movies, my first meeting with him was this:

http://witchesandpagans.com/pagan-paths ... sters.html

Wow your story was really touching,

For me, I found Loki when i was about ten, i was bullied a lot in school, and though my family was alweys supportive, they cold never fully fill the hole that a had, but Loki could, I had alweys had the mythos read as bedtime stories, and I alweys prefered the stories about the death of Balder and Ragenerok, because that was the ones where Loki has the lagest role (ind the collection we had) later my grandad showed my a danish comicbook series named Valhalla, and lucky the auther must have liked Loki, because he was a fun and sympathetic character.
I really looked up to Loki and i really wanted to be like him.
And i often found myself "
talking"
to Loki, with no response, but one day, i was looking in a cristian book or something, then I laid down and thought that I didn't care about cristianity and that i'd rather se Loki, and when i closed my eyes I saw him clearly for me.
So on december 2006 i invited him in. i asked him to help, me. and I promised him that my door alweys would be open for him.

this is not the whole story but it's what i will share for now Smile
He helped me find streng, to go my own ways, and for that I am him eternally greatful!
Nynx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Thanks!

It's so great you were able to find things to read about him when you first encountered him so you could grow into a relationship with him fairly soon.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top