Is it normal to have full conversations?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it normal to have full conversations?

Post by ToriKitt on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:49 pm

So it's me again.

I've been poking around and seen a lot of varying experiences as far as how well everyone feels they can communicate with Loki and others. Coming from a heavily conservative Christian upbringing, I'm used to the concept that "
God can hear you 24/7, and listen to everyone else at once, because he's God and time / space don't affect him."
So that idea makes some sense to me, but I'm wondering, with that concept in mind, is that a common way to think of communicating with Loki and other deities on this side of the giant cobblepot of religion? I grew up praying to the Christian god whether or not I really wanted to (I thought I was Christian when I was a child but realized quickly I didn't actually believe it, I was just raised to say I did and act like it), but I never felt like anyone heard me. It's been very very different the few times so far I've tried to communicate with gods I actually believed in and felt drawn towards.

I've heard that it's normal to have trouble hearing at first, and I definitely need to work on my listening skills when someone wants to talk to me but it's not my idea. That said, when it IS my idea, I find that in the past few days especially, I've had very little trouble hearing complete sentences and getting mental imagery, if I'm focused, intent, and patient. Is that normal? I know normal's kind of a subjective word, but I was just curious. I know a lot of people have said they can't hear Loki speak, and have to use divination methods, which I do lean on heavily (especially since I have social anxiety, hiding behind my cards makes me feel less ... "
stared at,"
if that makes sense). Sometimes I can speak with Loki more or less openly, especially if it's his idea and not mine (but I have trouble realizing at first that he wants to). Sometimes it's full conversations, but very short, and sometimes it's one or two sentences, loudly, and then only impressions after that. Sometimes it's nothing but vague hints at imagery or half-formed thoughts.

Do you guys experience a lot of variation in how well you can hear him, or how he talks to you? Do you use divination? (if so, all the time, or only certain times?) Does he seem to mind you using divination methods (or prefer it)? He told me I need to try to listen better and really be open, instead of using cards every time I want to hear him. He said I don't need them all the time and I should use them as a backup, not a first knee-jerk response to being talked to. He seems to really want me to stretch my beliefs, and stamp out the niggling doubts that swarm me about whether or not I'm making up my entire spirituality. I think that might be why he's often so concrete in my mind when we talk. To help reassure and disprove my doubts. Does that sound likely? It struck me as a little odd that he'd be so helpful with that, since my impression's often been that he is sometimes inclined to nourish doubt, or not even be interested in those who doubt too much.

It's also been weird in that when we first met, he kind of gave me this "
BAM I'm here"
mental slap, almost, but then almost nothing for years. Then a few days ago he's back in my face, letting me know that was supposed to be a hint to start listening, and I'd not gotten the message. Now it seems like if I want to talk to him just to talk, I can, whenever. I always start with a kind of "
Hey... are you busy?"
Which sounds annoying and informal to me (again, remember I'm from a conservative Christian background with the thee's, thou's, and "
dear Heavenly Father's"
), but usually he just gives me this warm feeling to let me know he's there and listening. Twice he has simply not answered, but he always came later in the day to talk. This probably sounds childish, but... does he get too busy sometimes? Or is he "
above time"
in some way where he can always take the time if he chooses, and it's more about if he wants to talk? I don't know.

I'm so young to all of this. He's been incredibly patient. I'm just hoping to hear some feedback from others on if this sounds like anyone else's early days (or now!). I have so many fears, questions, and moments where I think I'm just imagining everything (all my mental stuff doesn't help).

ps, thanks so much if you read that wall of text. I didn't mean to write a book, but here we are.

ToriKitt

View user profile http://www.giver-of-trials.zohosites.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is it normal to have full conversations?

Post by njm on Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:46 pm

I find it comes and goes. When he first came to me it was really loud. I was writing a novel at the time with him as a main character and the book really owes a lot to the fact I suddenly felt this connection with him. Later, I didn't feel him so strongly and now sometimes it's easy to feel that connection, sometimes not. I try to communicate with him through lighting candles and the occasional other offering. I've also tried tarot and runes a few times and had good results. It's been just over a year for me now as a Lokean and I'm still finding my way a bit with the more mystical side of things. I came from an atheist background, so to me everything is new. I did try the spell to hear Loki that Dark Amber put up and had some results, so I plan to try it again.
I wish you all the best with your communications with him.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:44 pm

Thanks for weighing in. It's reassuring to hear that it can come and go. I kind of suspected that's how it is for most people, just from what I've read from other people, but I like to hear specific experiences to get a better feeling that I'm not alone. Hearing straight from people instead of nebulous blogs helps more for some reason.

I saw Dark Amber's spell and was definitely interested, even though at this stage it seems like I may not need it too much (by which I am both surprised, and gratified). I almost wonder if part of the reason he's so present lately is to get me comfortable with all the blatant contrasts from how I was raised. A god who actually hears me, gives input when I don't know where to turn, who recognizes genuine from-the-heart praise, who cares about what I do with my life, who is willing to take time to just "
sit"
with me, as it were, and help me see he's real. Those things are definitely nothing I could take for granted, and I feel very grateful and reassured about moving forward in getting to understand him better because of how "
loud"
he's been.

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Well, for me, it used to be conversational. Now, it's a word or two here and there. But that's after months of having nothing, so I can't really complain. I also speak to Them like I would anyone I love. None of that "
O thy great and powerful one"
stuff. It's more like, "
Hey, I just made a cup of chai. Care for some?"
XD

And when I do need to 'talk' to Them, I do the same thing you described. Ask if They have a second, could They help me with a card or rune reading, etc. Then I wait until I feel the tingles. Usually, it's Fen, and He touches my back at my right shoulder blade. But my practice is very informal. I interact with Them like family. I don't really do any formal offerings because I just share whatever I have. Now, if I find something like a trinket or a stone that They would like, I'll offer it on Their altar space. The only thing I do regularly that's formal-ish is I light incense for Them every day.

Sorry, I got off track. It happens. A lot. XD Most of my communicating is imagery. I do third-eye scrying. Sometimes, I can travel to that little inner world I told you about on the other thread. But mostly it's imagery with a word or two here and there. And then I double-check what I got with divination. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Don't be sorry for off-tracking, I love hearing how everyone's interactions are etc. It's really interesting and makes me feel more comfortable. Smile

I've been learning to relax a little more, but it's slow. I do find he responds best to "
hey, you there? Want a snack?"
sort of talk as opposed to more formal stuff. Which I really like, and it's comforting, but at the same time, I keep second-guessing whether it's ok. Guess that's just going to take time.

Third-eye scrying, eh? I haven't read up much on that. I love learning all the ways people have found to communicate with their Gods, whether or not it's applicable for me. I just like hoarding information, lol.

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:02 pm

I use whatever works and is at hand at given time, on this plane. The list would be long but not strange. I can also hear Him, but only if Loki chooses I do. It is always startling when it comes. It varies between one word to 1-2 plain sentences usually giving some kind of direction. There is no limit while w/We are on astral or in the transit space. I never tried the candle hearing Loki spell because I am not good at spells and I am a little worry if I do it wrong I may loose the gift. I have one basic rule I apply to anything in my life: Don't play with stuff you treasure. (As you may loose it, so whatever I value never becomes a game piece.)
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

ToriKitt wrote:I've been learning to relax a little more, but it's slow. I do find he responds best to "
hey, you there? Want a snack?"
sort of talk as opposed to more formal stuff. Which I really like, and it's comforting, but at the same time, I keep second-guessing whether it's ok. Guess that's just going to take time.
Yeah, just take time to let that familiarity build up. Smile

ToriKitt wrote:Third-eye scrying, eh? I haven't read up much on that. I love learning all the ways people have found to communicate with their Gods, whether or not it's applicable for me. I just like hoarding information, lol.

I didn't even know there was a name for it. I just tried it one day and it worked. I made friends with a Wiccan priestess who is also a medium, and she said, "
Do you realize what you're doing is pretty advanced?"
Uh, no, I didn't. But it works. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:32 pm

I didn't even know there was a name for it. I just tried it one day and it worked. I made friends with a Wiccan priestess who is also a medium, and she said, "
Do you realize what you're doing is pretty advanced?"
Uh, no, I didn't. But it works. Smile

Ha! That's pretty neat. Very Happy

Moon Rogue, I agree that it's good practice not to get too cocky with treasured things. I have a very curious mind, and often want to experiment with what I've already got, to see if I can improve upon it or find a new use. But it's definitely true that I should use caution, as you try to, not to under-appreciate what I have. That's a great way to lose it.

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:34 am

I can, occasionally, "
hear"
him, although I tend to call it him "
putting things in my head"
. If I'm not certain whether something that "
popped"
into my head was him or me, I'll ask him (e.g. "
hey, did you put 'x' into my head"
or "
did I hear you say 'x'"
) via pendulum, which is my preferred communication method. (I am Not Good at deciphering tarot or rune messages :/ Pendulum is quick, easy, and simple to understand, and it really does work for me. And no, it is not my subconscious, or me moving it myself). However, I can't "
hear"
him enough in my head to have actual conversations with him, at least not like that. I'll usually use the pendulum if I want to actually "
talk"
to him. I'll sometimes talk with Sigyn with it too, and I've used it with Freyr a couple of times, and Fenrir once.

As for him being busy sometimes, I can tell you, based on personal experience, that yes, he is sometimes very busy (in fact, he's been especially busy this past week or so, and when he's not, he's usually either tired or sleeping--yes, he does sleep! I thought maybe he might be helping Asgard with Yule stuff, as he'd told me around this time last year that the halls of Asgard had been decorated for Yule, so I asked Sigyn yesterday when I was talking to her and she confirmed yes, Loki is working on Yule stuff right now so that's why he's been so busy, at least for me). I don't think he's "
above"
time, though. He understands the concept of Midgardian time, past, future, etc. e.g. he's not confused or anything if I ask him "
hey remember last week when I said 'x'?..."
Based on a conversation I had with him about it, time in his world isn't really all that different from Midgardian time, they just don't have ways to measure time (also it can probably go faster or slower sometimes). And I absolutely don't believe that "
mythic time"
is some weird jumble of 'things happening now but also not having happened yet but also going to happen sometime in the future' (e.g. I don't believe that Loki, as I've seen stated by many people, is "
both bound and unbound"
--I believe he is completely free, period.) Eh, now I'm kind of going off on a tangent here :/ And I think there might have been other stuff I wanted to say, but now I've forgotten it :p
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:57 am

I'll use a pendulum if I'm Just Not Getting It any other way. Yes/no questions seem ok, but spelling is really wonky these days. I don't know if it's lingering anxiety or deep resentment with the device itself, but the pendulum is really my last resort. It got ruined over the winter, and it's kind of like getting into a huge fight with someone at your favorite restaurant. Any time you go back to eat there, you remember that bad time and having that hang over your head kinda ruins future meals there. :/
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:51 am

Thanks for your perspective, Corannhena. I've been wondering a lot about the time thing, because I don't think he's really outside of time either, especially from what I've seen of interactions with him, paired with what I believe about his nature. I don't think he's mysterious and mystically unknowable in all these godly ways we can "
never understand,"
like a lot of Christians have said about their god. What I'm not sure about is if it works the same. I haven't begun to ponder deeply things like specific events in the lore having happened, happening now, or going to happen, or happening periodically. That's above my paygrade at this baby heathen stage. But I definitely like hearing what people feel about those events. It helps me prepare to go further down my own path. Smile

As for being busy, so far he's had time for me most always, but I'm guessing that won't be the case forever. I did ask him this morning briefly if he's ever just too busy and all I got for a response was a warm sort of bells-ringing impression, if that makes any sense. Seemed like humor to me.

Rose, sorry to hear you had some bad experience with pendulums. I totally get the idea of it being kind of a bitter thing to go back to after. I feel that way about a lot of spiritual and non-spiritual things. ^^;
;

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:00 pm

The pendulum spelling didn't work for me either, it came out most of times scrambled.
I think you were talking to the other Rose. I go by that name to. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:15 pm

Oop! I did not in fact know that. XD

I've never tried a pendulum before, I have a feeling it wouldn't really work well for me. I do better with things that I can use intuition / interpretation on and work slowly towards the meaning, as opposed to yes / no, spelling, etc.

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynx on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:17 pm

for me contact with loki has changed over the years, in the ver beginning i just felt him, and as time went on i could feel what i wanted me to do-ish and now a days a also mostly just talk, and it is very casuel as well

I have never thought of it as him being busy, but sometimes i feel him more then other soo who knows.
Nynx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:22 pm

Yay, more input. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Smile

That's a good piece of perspective for me, that you've never thought of it as him being busy, because I think it draws attention a little to my background and personality again, in that I'm used to both humans and nebulous deities acting or being portrayed as not-always-available. I have anxiety, so I often assume people are too busy for me, when in reality, it's not so personal. Interesting. .-.

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynx on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:29 am

it is definitely interresting, it rises the question, are the deaties behaving diffrendly from person to persen or is it, that people have different interpretation, my guess is that it's a bit of both?

Last edited by 129 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Nynx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:30 am

ToriKitt wrote:I think that might be why he's often so concrete in my mind when we talk. To help reassure and disprove my doubts. Does that sound likely? It struck me as a little odd that he'd be so helpful with that, since my impression's often been that he is sometimes inclined to nourish doubt, or not even be interested in those who doubt too much.

I have never experienced Loki as Someone who is inclined to nourish doubt. With me he's been reassuring and helpful. I have also experienced via others that even if they doubt their experiences, He's still interested in them.

When I began to hear Loki back in 2011, I would hear the occasional word or two. He would also put images in my head, or snippets of a song as a message. I couldn't "
see"
Him, but He sometimes inserted images of Himself in my head.
During the first half of 2012, our connection grew stronger, and I began to hear sentences and then we could actually have short conversations.
I couldn't hear Him constantly, but I heard Him nearly daily.

I used a pendulum a lot to verify things I had heard. Sometimes Loki would put an idea in my head or give me a piece of knowledge, and I used a pendulum to verify it.

I think that Gods can multi-locate, so They can be with many of Their followers at the same time. Sometimes, though, They need to "
draw Themselves together"
to deal with stuff Elsewhere, so sometimes They can be too busy to be with us.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nynx on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:51 am

Darkamber wrote:
I think that Gods can multi-locate, so They can be with many of Their followers at the same time. Sometimes, though, They need to "

Well put! I very much agree Very Happy
Nynx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 am

Nynx wrote:it is definitely interresting, it rises the question, are the deaties behaving diffrendly from person to persen or is it, that people have different interpretation, my guess is that it's a bit of both?
This is my opinion, too. We each have our own versions, our own facets of Them. "
My"
Loki is very similar to how everyone else describes Him, but He has this Captain Jack Sparrow twist. I get Him as a bit sneaky sometimes, but for a reason. He'll usually straighten up and behave if I tell Him it's frustrating me, though. But yeah, a Jack Sparrow Loki, definitely. He has, in the past, kind of pushed the limits a smidge. It was intended to get me to stand up and tell Him where to stick it, but I didn't interpret it that way. I'm guessing He thought my jotun side would come out. It didn't, and He did hurt my feelings. But He did apologize for it. I get what He was trying to do.

And I think that They interact with us in whatever capacity we're able to receive. Whether it's by divination, song lyrics, visions, hearing, or what have you. Whatever you can do, They'll use it.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:27 am

Nynx wrote:
Darkamber wrote:

Yep to this, too. I think this is why I haven't seen much of Thor recently. And why Loki and Fen seem to pop in and out more often than They used to. I think Thor is busy with Wild Hunt or something, not sure what Loki is up to, and I'm getting that Fen has taken on some new responsibilities, maybe in Iron Wood?
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:41 am

Yeah, Loki's been reeeeally scarce around here for the past week or so (as previously mentioned--I think I said that Sigyn confirmed he was busy with Yule stuff, he confirmed it for me himself in a brief convo yesterday or the day before), Freyr hasn't been around (or at least I haven't "
felt"
him) for a while, and afaik Fenrir was only here that one time (I mentioned it on my blog)--or at least, I've only talked with him once. I've been mostly talking to Sigyn this week, although she's not always "
available"
either, if that makes sense.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:31 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:
I haven't seen much of Thor recently. I think Thor is busy with Wild Hunt or something,
Thor scared the shit out of me, the first time ever encounter with Him, and Loki confirmed it was Thor. I had horrible dream from Wednesday to Thursday I'm still sorting out.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ToriKitt on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:50 pm

Nynx wrote:
Darkamber wrote:

That makes a LOT of sense, thanks for wording the thing. lol! I would definitely agree, I think that's how it seems to work.

I think my idea of him as someone who doesn't favor those who doubt comes from outside sources, what I've heard over the years prior to interacting with him. It's just one more thing that I'll need to keep an open mind about and see if it's true or not in my case. So far it's very much not been, for which I'm glad. One of my big things is trying to put aside what I've heard about him and let him show me who he is for himself. I need to be sure I'm careful to do that consistently.

As for Thor, I've never met him, but I did ask Loki about him very briefly the other day, and all I got was a "
let's not focus on that"
sort of feeling.

ToriKitt

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:30 pm

Whole conversations, yes, sometimes. Other times, just a few words or just a feeling.

And yes, I think they are different to different people, but not TOTALLY different, if you know what I mean. I recently read Beth Wodanis's blog "
My Odin and Other Peoples' Odins"
I think was the post title (or something similar) and it made sense of stuff I had been confused about.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:42 am

Yeah, letting Loki show Himself as He really is to you is a good thing.
Last time I invited Him into my dreams, I told Him "
come in whichever shape You want."
He choose to appear as young, early 20s, and with shaggy/punkish blond hair.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top