spirit keeping and paranormal items

View previous topic View next topic Go down

spirit keeping and paranormal items

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:37 am

I almost titled this, "
Kisa has found something interesting."
;
p

It's sort of relevant to some other threads but I think this warrants a thread of its own, as I imagine there may be varying opinions on it, and also so we can keep all the info and experiences in one place.

In my never-ending curiosity and search for answers, I have stumbled upon the concept of spirit-keeping. Now, if anyone happens to still follow Beth or Seb or check their stores, you might have noticed a new category of spirit-items that I think they are trying to capture on this trend somewhat.

Okay, so it's my understanding that there are conjurers/magicians/witches/whatever that conjure spirits and bind them to some sort of vessel, usually jewelry or a gemstone. There are many ways to do this and I think that it's something anyone could learn to do if you were pretty serious about it. This is kind of along the lines of those "
paranormal collector"
TV shows, or even the movies with haunted items.

Now, where opinion comes in is whether you believe in it or not, and whether you agree with it or not, and then all the myths and misinformation and general confusion about it.

It is my understanding (for the moment, as I continue to learn), that spirits are bound consensually, and that in general these spirits want to be with people, and the conjurers work to match up the right spirit with the right person (like getting a bit of info about you - name, birthdate, what you're looking for, etc.).

There are some sellers that offer bindings of deities (often referred to as Immortals). Whether it's a fairy or a god, the spirit is not enslaved or trapped, and of course in the case of gods it is just a bit of Their essence bound to an item rather than the entity Themselves, used for deeper connection by devotees.

If none of this is making any sense, let me give some links. If you search for haunted items or spirit keeping you will find many places. These are shops I have dealt with so far. Yes I have purchased some bindings! ^_^

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChaosinPandorasBox
I ordered a custom conjure of the wight/spirit I thought was connected to or wanted to be connected to my little D &
D figurine. Very nice people and good communication. After explaining my thoughts and feelings about it, they conjured a manticore/dragon hybrid who was drawn to my energy. I asked for him to be bound to the figurine as his vessel if he was willing (otherwise you can get jewelry or an amulet from them as the vessel). With the custom listing you also get a drawing of your spirit. In addition I purchased a tarot reading to tell me about the spirit.
So this Manticoreaeon is my first spirit. Smile

http://www.bonanza.com/booths/bythepowerof3
I ordered a fire fairy and a dark woods fairy, each bound in a pendant. I kept eyeballing them and really, really wanted them. The listings say to go with your gut! It may mean the spirit wants to go home to you! ;
p The artwork for the fire fairy looks like a Loki fairy, ha ... I wanted him so bad I couldn't stop thinking about it. They should be on their way to me soon.
No communication from the seller in email though other than automatic notifications. I hope the package will contain more info on the spirits beyond what was in the listings. These are what is considered "
pre-bound,"
as in, it's not customized to me but what was already conjured before being listed in the shop.
Actually she has more of the fire fairies, you can see the listing here - http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Haunted ... e/88911187 .

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Serenityshaymoon (Etsy went through and scrubbed metaphysical shops again, she is in the process of rebuilding her shop)
She had a listing for a custom conjure, to match the perfect spirit to you. I was having trouble deciding what I wanted as a beginner and thought I would see what she came up with. Very nice lady and good communication. She was on the ball about keeping me in the loop about her activities and about the problems with Etsy. She has you fill out a questionnaire and really works to find out what you want. She suggested a fairy or djinn, but when I said I wanted something cat-like we settled on a masheba. Mashebas are powerful sages who become flaming cat spirits upon death. You have to give them a name or they wont stay. So I had to submit a name before the summoning, and now I am waiting for the vessel and write-up to be shipped to me.

Oddly enough, not to sound like Seb but apparently spirit keepers are advised not to give out the names of their spirits. I think it has to do with the chance of another magician trying to steal it from you. I guess it's that whole magical property of knowing something's name which gives you control or something.
I sort of felt guilty for wanting these spirits, but I think Loki is okay with it. I want Him to be in charge of them, in fact I'm going to tell the spirits they have to answer to Loki. They will be like His little helpers. As we all know, He can't be around all the time, and I have faith that He guided me through my purchases.

Now, last but not least, I want to tell you about Creepy Hollows.
Items of interest:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/
The encyclopedia. Look up entities you are interested in!

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/
Their forum. Good info for paranormal collecting and stuff.

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... uctid=2135
The Lazy Orb. Recommended to boost your spirit connections and psychic abilities, etc. On my wish list!

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... 299&
page=1

Incredibly cheap introduction to spells or spirit keeping. Get a spell or spirit for only a penny!
I chose a ketta, which is a Norse were-cat, or some kind of powerful cat-like witch (think Grendel's mom!). In the notes section I indicated I was a beginner and what I was looking for in this spirit so hopefully they can match me up with an appropriate one.

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... at=&
page=1

Custom conjure of a Norse Immortal. Naturally I chose Loki! I indicated that I am a devotee seeking a deeper connection.
I've had quite a bit of internal dialogue with Loki, trying to figure out what I want and what I need and the desire for more connection so I hope having this item will help.

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/home.php?cat=227
Look at this!! Interesting options for seeing if you have non-human ancestry. On my wish list!

Creepy Hollows is a busy, busy site so it could take a while before receiving an order. They can ship things separately though, and there are lots and lots of neat things in the store, customs, pre-bounds, entities from various cultures, spells, journals, books, yadda yadda.
Okay now before you freak out at the prices, check this out! They run many, many sales. In addition you can sign up for a free account and choose a membership level for additional discounts. (Forum membership is free and gives extra 20% on top of sale. Wait a few days after applying before making an order to make sure you get all discounts. I jumped the gun and didn't get the extra 20%. ;
p ) I am going to see if they have a Black Friday sale or something to get wish list items for cheap!
They also have layaway.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: spirit keeping and paranormal items

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:56 am

Did you read any of Ossia's posts about spirit-keeping on Wordpress before you left? She's "
The Sinking Roots."
She had a bad experience with a seller/conjured and has learned a ton about the concept. She'd be a good person to talk to. I have her email if you're interested.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:16 pm

No but I just found the blog and will look over it. Thanks for the heads-up!

You might be interested to know that you can get a Fenris-wolf from the Creepy Hollows site ...

Overall I hope this will be a positive experience. I've been trying to read up on it and I asked Loki to police the spirits. Each one will be given house rules.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:01 pm

These are really good to read so I will post them here:

https://thesinkingroots.wordpress.com/2 ... sentities/

https://thesinkingroots.wordpress.com/2 ... nd-how-to/

Y'all ought to know that I'm not out to collect Pokemon, I really do want to make friends with spirits and offer companionship if they want it. Maybe I have been boondoggled by slick sales ads due to my own magical inexperience, but I try to do my homework and put thought into my purchases, and really communicate with the seller if I'm able as well as being very open about letting the spirit choose.
I don't like the word "
keeper"
either, but I can't think of anything else. It's better than "
owner"
or "
collector."

I have no desire to abuse or manipulate or use spirits to hurt people or make wishes. I even turned down a djinn because I wasn't sure if that was right for me at this time. We don't notice how many times we say "
I wish"
in a day, and I know I will be tempted to ask for things. But first I want to get to know them and make it a partnership, not treat them like vending machines.
I also don't plan on buying more and more and more like some kind of ooh shiny collection. As much as I wanted to grab every cat-thing I could find, I thought a lot about their descriptions (and my budget of course), like for instance I saw a cat familiar that does not like dogs, so ok, moving on then. I would note the ones I was interested in and take several days to think about it (and talk to Loki).
Like people whose eyes bug out when I tell them how many pets I have, and they're like "
why"
and I'm like "
well why do you keep popping out babies"
ahahaha seriously my cats and dogs are family, and I wish I could give all needy animals a home. And my mom knows better than to suggest that I "
get rid of some."
NOPE.
If it's true that there are people out there who can match you up with a "
needy"
spirit, then hey I am willing to give it a try. You know my story posted elsewhere about seeking a wight for my creature figurine - I didn't know how to do it myself. I actually guessed a few things right beforehand about the spirit I got. Maybe in some cases you need a middleman to help you connect (like a matchmaking site or a good pet adoption agency would do). I wouldn't have bought these things willy-nilly if I didn't think there was some kind of deeper meaning to it.
As an example, the fire fairy is so much like a "
little Loki"
that I really felt compelled to get him, like a little fire-wight. Also, recently I was doing a meditation and envisioned a twilight blue-colored candle with silver sparkles ... I asked if it was Mani and got a "
perhaps"
in my mind. Then I saw the dark woods fairy who is all about nighttime and wears blue and silver and I was like, "
that's him."

Obviously I've bought "
magical"
things associated with Loki and worked on my relationship with Him on my own, but maybe if anything this will give me some extra oomph or comfort, even if it's placebo effect. I still really want a doll of some sort that I can huggle;
I don't dare break my expensive Avengers!Loki. ;
p

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Lokakisa wrote:

page=1

Custom conjure of a Norse Immortal. ....
Quote from the shop, right the first line: "
Have the Immortal of your desires summoned specifically for you. We call the perfect Immortal for you to compliment your life, your dreams and aspirations. "

For what I came across over the time, and it was more different sources, all agreed on one: You cannot summon a god. Period.
You can try invoke and envoke, a god, and many respond the invitation. You cannot summon them.

One can summon 72 spirits of Goetia. The demons are among and around us, like waiting for it.

Be careful....
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:50 pm

I don't know. I agree with Moon Rouge in that I doubt a god/goddess would let themselves be bound in that way. And surely any attempt to do so would anger them?
Plus, if they're bound in a vessel, what about other people trying to invoke them? It's something that seems a bit suspicious to me.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:
Lokakisa wrote:

page=1

Custom conjure of a Norse Immortal. ....
Quote from the shop, right the first line: "
Have the Immortal of your desires summoned specifically for you. We call the perfect Immortal for you to compliment your life, your dreams and aspirations. "

For what I came across over the time, and it was more different sources, all agreed on one: You cannot summon a god. Period.
You can try invoke and envoke, a god, and many respond the invitation. You cannot summon them.

One can summon 72 spirits of Goetia. The demons are among and around us, like waiting for it.

Be careful....

That first sentence cheapens the whole concept. It makes them sound like prostitutes or something. It gave me an unpleasant image of crossdressing Odin swinging a boa feather wearing garish red lipstick. Beard and all!!! He laughed so damn hard, his face turned red and he doubled over and had to grab his knees! Evil or Very Mad Embarassed

I saw those things in both Seb and Beth's shops. Pretty and interesting looking, like pendulums. I don't see it as a necessary item to draw close to gods or spirits.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:41 pm

Oh, I know you're not going to mistreat your spirit friends, Kisa. But someone mistreated Ossia's before she met them. It's sad. But something for Fen? I need to go see it! I can't not buy something if it's for Him. <
And omgs, that visual of Odin!! XD

**Ok, I just looked up Fenrir on that Creepy Hollows. They called Him "
mangy"
! I beg their pardon? My Husband is Not Mangy. Evil or Very Mad
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:42 am

I agree some of their descriptions are weird. But I am not really surprised given the eclectic nature of the site. Take Loki for example, called god of fire, when that is not completely certain. Not that He hasn't adapted to the human concept of being a god of fire of course, but their categorization of Him as just being a god of fire and magic is simplistic.
It would be nice if some conjurers specialized in one culture only and made more effort to write accurate descriptions.
The Egyptian god descriptions are laughable. I guess though, there is a need to put things in New Agey-terms to appeal to various customers. Those who work with gods will know the deeper meanings. They should really encourage people to dig deeper themselves and not rely on a few fluffy neo-pagan things. Although when you browse the forum you will see support and encouragement and exchange of info. You just have no idea how serious people will be about their personal practice and it's up to the individual to do their homework for better results. I think there is only two or three people who run Creepy Hollows so they probably don't have time to flesh out their website on an ongoing basis.

As much as I support metaphysical and pagan business owners, unfortunately there is a darker side to appealing to people's desperation. We have all fell victim to it. I think the biggest lesson I have taken away so far is that certain sellers (I wont name names) have capitalized on this rather than creating and selling things out of love and creative inspiration (like journey's store). Even worse when you profit off of sucking people into your own UPG ... but I digress.

As for Fenrir, notice that it is not the god Himself. There is actually not a listing for Him, you would need to find the general "
custom conjure spirit"
for entities not listed and ask for a binding to the actual god, Loki's son. Same for Mani, He has no listing either.
The Fenrir spirits are said to be Fenrir's wolf-descendants. Probably the wolves of the Iron Wood.
I imagine the "
mangy"
description is to evoke a fierce appearance as to let you know these are not fluffy puppies. I think the owners word things in a way to let people know what they're getting into, and a Fenris-wolf is probably not for a beginner who isn't already working with the Rokkr or whatever. Perhaps you can look around and see if there is a spell or stone that interests you, and Fenrir can guide you to a companion if He feels the need. There are other wolf spirits - werewolves, Duojnas, and Farfies. When you place an order you can ask for something "
on the lighter side of dark"
and tell them you are a beginner or whatever.

I'm not sure why they word the "
custom conjure Immortal"
listings like that though. I made sure to look around and put some thought into it, I mean I really wavered on it and took some time to decide on my purchases after talking them over with Loki. But I read that with Immortals, you're not binding a god to a vessel (because that's impossible), you're creating a bridge or link to Them. I saw it referred to as a "
god-pager."
So multiple people can buy Odin or Loki or Whoever, and it's just a spirited item with Their energy.
As opposed to my personal spirits, they are individuals connected to me and not "
owned"
(for lack of a better word) by other people.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:50 am

Odin.Chris wrote:

That first sentence cheapens the whole concept. It makes them sound like prostitutes or something. It gave me an unpleasant image of crossdressing Odin swinging a boa feather wearing garish red lipstick. Beard and all!!! He laughed so damn hard, his face turned red and he doubled over and had to grab his knees! Evil or Very Mad Embarassed

I saw those things in both Seb and Beth's shops. Pretty and interesting looking, like pendulums. I don't see it as a necessary item to draw close to gods or spirits.

This is totally like Prostitute Peter on "
Family Guy."
LOLOLOL

I don't think spirit-keeping is new but I found it amusing to see their new products that sort of referenced it. Seb's stuff is still way over-priced. And yeah, they're not necessary.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:32 am

Lokakisa wrote:As much as I support metaphysical and pagan business owners, unfortunately there is a darker side to appealing to people's desperation. We have all fell victim to it. I think the biggest lesson I have taken away so far is that certain sellers (I wont name names) have capitalized on this rather than creating and selling things out of love and creative inspiration (like journey's store). Even worse when you profit off of sucking people into your own UPG ... but I digress.
I'm not sure why they word the "
custom conjure Immortal"
listings like that though. I made sure to look around and put some thought into it, I mean I really wavered on it and took some time to decide on my purchases after talking them over with Loki. But I read that with Immortals, you're not binding a god to a vessel (because that's impossible), you're creating a bridge or link to Them. I saw it referred to as a "
god-pager."
So multiple people can buy Odin or Loki or Whoever, and it's just a spirited item with Their energy.
As opposed to my personal spirits, they are individuals connected to me and not "
owned"
(for lack of a better word) by other people.

Aw, thank you. My shop is definitely about love and devotion. Not money. (In fact, I haven't even broken even on my investment.)
It's quite the coincidence that you mentioned "
building a bridge"
with Them. Someone gave me those same words just a bit ago in my meditation! O.o
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:18 pm

I think there is a big difference between being crafty and inspired and selling your art, versus promoting magic items with a "
better than thou"
attitude that capitalizes on people's desire to have those deeper spiritual connections so they can "
be like you"
or something. I'm sure it's a fine line to walk when it comes to describing your listings, certainly I don't mean to take away from a seller's earnest belief in what they are offering. Obviously if you are a practicing witch/shaman/whatever then you offer your stuff with confidence and love and a desire to share with others ... it just so happens that money makes the world go around and you have bills to pay if you don't work an outside job. Beth comes across as someone who has a calling, and she explains her products and what goes into them and what she believes they do, for example. It's just too easy for gullibility, desperation, naivetey (spelling?) and manipulation to come into play. Many of us don't come from a culture of taking spirituality really seriously ... like with holidays there is an unfortunate materialistic side and all the misinformation and fluffiness that is promoted. Magic becomes a commodity in our throw-away, must-have-it-now culture. Unless your great-grandmother was a witch or something, all of us are pretty inexperienced and we are trying to grasp a millenia of info and spiritual evolution within a society that has been slow to catch up.

I think since I am signed up for the CH forum that I will write up a nice detailed post (or Kisa ramble lol) about Loki.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:28 pm

Yes! Do a nice write-up about Him! I'm considering going on and speaking up about Fen. My knickers are still in a twist about that "
mangy"
comment. Evil or Very Mad
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:51 pm

Lokakisa wrote:
Odin.Chris wrote:

This is totally like Prostitute Peter on "
Family Guy."
LOLOLOL

I don't think spirit-keeping is new but I found it amusing to see their new products that sort of referenced it. Seb's stuff is still way over-priced. And yeah, they're not necessary.

LOLOL!!
All roads lead to Family Guy!
If their descriptions are that vague, I wouldn't trust them. They sound like shysters and charlatans. Obviously, they don't know enough about the gods to provide convincing descriptions. How could they invoke or summon what they don't know?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:29 am

Well, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I still haven't gone on there and looked yet, but if you say that they're not knowledgeable about certain deities, then maybe they shouldn't be 'conjuring' up something they aren't familiar with.

I want to see if I can get Fen to put a little of His energy into the little felt wolf for me, so I can still kinda feel Him even if He isn't here at the moment. But I won't ask for that unless I'm positive that He's here. His presence is very recognizable to me. I also want to see if Loki, Thor, and Mani can do the same thing with Their mini-Thems! (I'm planning on making one of those for Everyone else as soon as I have the time. I think Cernunno's antlers and Set's &
Anubis's ears are gonna give me fits, though! XD)
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:05 am

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Well, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I still haven't gone on there and looked yet, but if you say that they're not knowledgeable about certain deities, then maybe they shouldn't be 'conjuring' up something they aren't familiar with.

I want to see if I can get Fen to put a little of His energy into the little felt wolf for me, so I can still kinda feel Him even if He isn't here at the moment. But I won't ask for that unless I'm positive that He's here. His presence is very recognizable to me. I also want to see if Loki, Thor, and Mani can do the same thing with Their mini-Thems! (I'm planning on making one of those for Everyone else as soon as I have the time. I think Cernunno's antlers and Set's &
Anubis's ears are gonna give me fits, though! XD)

Idolatory works sometimes, it did at one point for me, not for long, though.
Just don't put the pins and needles in them, please. Shocked and treat especially Loki's doll well. Evil or Very Mad
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Aw, they're treated very well. They're next to their respective candles and trinkets. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:06 pm

Odin.Chris wrote:
If their descriptions are that vague, I wouldn't trust them. They sound like shysters and charlatans. Obviously, they don't know enough about the gods to provide convincing descriptions. How could they invoke or summon what they don't know?

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Well, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I still haven't gone on there and looked yet, but if you say that they're not knowledgeable about certain deities, then maybe they shouldn't be 'conjuring' up something they aren't familiar with.

I kind of think it's just an amalgamation of what different pagans think of them currently, with all the New Age stuff thrown in. Of course we evolve and the gods evolve and our experiences and understanding of them evolves, and these listings were written to help sell an item to a general pagan audience ... I am just being pedantic. ;
p Maybe they feel the gods and spirits directed them to write things in a certain way? Who knows? I think we've all agreed that Loki rolls with it when people repeatedly call him god of fire. If it helps modern people understand His creative spark, fiery warmth and passion, then I guess it's not technically incorrect, eh?
Actually my biggest problems come from the pronunciations of some things on there. I'm still itching to suggest edits, lol.
I never did a Loki post, I looked back and saw some good things written about Him. I agree a post about Fenrir would be good though.

I wanna see pics of the felt things!!

Also, if you don't agree with the spirit things, there is lots of magic and spells that can be bought. Many spells are $1 ... add in monthly sale discounts, a free forum membership discount, and emailed coupon codes (you can stack it all at the same time!), you can get stuff for next to nothing. I'm on the mailing list now, and they offer lots of sales and freebies.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top