Loki in anime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loki in anime

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:35 pm

So being an anime fan I went looking around for shows with Loki in them that I vaguely remembered hearing about.

The most famous is probably "
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok."
Loki is punished and gets turned into a kid and sent to Earth. He starts a supernatural detective agency to work on getting his god-status back.
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/the-m ... ish-dubbed
I watched the first episode, which gave no background whatsoever (I got my info from wikipedia). I thought it was kinda meh, and the English voice-acting is atrocious. lol

Iron Man, I choose you! I mean, uh, here is Disney Japan's Pokemon-version of Marvel ... "
Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers."
lol
Actually it was loads of fun to watch, I might keep going! Thor is such a pretty-boy, the personalities are great and Loki's Jap VA captures him well so far.
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/marve ... -of-heroes

"
Kamigami no Asobi"
is a short series based on one of those Jap romance-novel type games, this one having various gods in it.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/kamigami-no-asobi
Oh. My. Gods. This is GORGEOUS!! Loki is freaking adorable. Hades makes me think of Fenrir somewhat. Baldur is a clutz. Anubis looks like a cat!
Try not to let your ovaries explode. ;
p

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loki in anime

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:16 pm

Ha! I'm gonna have to check them out! XD
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:17 am

I loved "
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok"
. The background story is told in bits and pieces throughout the series, so you don't get the whole explanation at once.
I watched with the original Japanese voices and English subtitles.
You can find that here:

You can also find "
Kamigami no Asobi"
at the same website with the original voices and English subtitles.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Ah cool, thanks for that. Maybe I will enjoy it better with the subtitles.

"
Kamigami no Asobi"
is an absolute delight. Make sure to watch past the end credits each episode for a funny ending.
I have the opening and ending songs, and two character songs for Loki is anyone is interested. PM if you want the MP3s. =^.^=

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Along the lines of what faces we associate with Loki, the character Loki Laevatein is my new one. He's just so freakin' adorable! And look at that sassy get-up. So I call Him "
Loki-Loki"
now like one of the characters does on the show. ;
p
For your viewing pleasure -
https://otakurepublic.com/media/binary/ ... 579956.jpg
http://i0990.tumblr.com/post/1000577152 ... l6-limited
http://anime.anonforge.com/2014/03/loki ... 80-8l.html

I guess it's nice to have something not Marvel/Hiddles for a change.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Ooh, hello! XD
Maybe I should be looking into anime!
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:27 pm

I am 8 episodes in to Loki Ragnarok. I like it, though as with previous anime I've seen (only one or two episodes of Vampire Knight and a couple of feature films), the human girls really annoy me. They are always shrieking and acting over-the-top. Guess it's a genre thing, but it grates me on. I'll watch to the end, though, as I am interested to see what happens and learn more of the backstory.

I watched the first episode of Kamigami no Asobi too, and will continue to finish that one later.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:33 pm

Yeah, the girl character in Loki Ragnarok really annoyed me too.
You will like Yui though in KamiAso (that's the shortened nickname for the title). I really, really enjoyed that series. I mean it was kind of like a guilty pleasure but I really liked Yui myself. She is not an over the top big-boobed bimbo;
she's very sweet and strong and practices kendo/iaido! She doesn't fall over the guys either but treats them with manners, concern and friendship.
Not all anime is that bad. Bulma, Chi-Chi, and Videl in Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z are strong females. (and funny too)
Orihime in Bleach can be a little grating but that is one of my favorite series also. There are many strong females in there like Rukia, Soifon, Yoruichi and Rangiku.
Gosh I have to keep editing to add more things! Attack on Titan also has strong females and is a good series.
Of course, we can't forget Sailor Moon! (another guilty pleasure) The remake called "
Sailor Moon Crystal"
is rather good. Usagi starts out annoying (just like in the original) but grows throughout the series, as they all do.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Smile Thanks for the recs.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:04 am

Just finished Loki Ragnarok after some binge watching! Overall, I enjoyed it despite Mayura. The penultimate episode made me cry. Loki and Hel feels.
When Loki is in his true form, I can't get over how closely he physically resembles the Loki of my novel. My Loki has black hair, but otherwise it's near to how I pictured him!
As Mayura would say: Mystery!

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:00 am

Cool! I haven't seen pics of his true form, wasn't sure whether to spoil it in case I decide to watch the rest of the series.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Lokakisa wrote:Yeah, the girl character in Loki Ragnarok really annoyed me too.
Almost all girls in all anime's annoy me, lol.
The three all-time most annoying are Winry Rockbell from FMA (But granny Pinako makes up for it.), Rose from FMA, and Saya from Blood+
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:00 am

!!! I loved Blood+. ;
p

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:42 pm

I just finished Kamigami no Asobi and really liked it. More adult than Loki Ragnarok and the girl wasn't annoying! Hooray! A friend tells me Loki is in another called Fairytale?! I'll have to look for it.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:03 pm

Lokakisa wrote:!!! I loved Blood+. ;
p

I never got to finish watching the series before adult swim ran out of episodes. But it was actually the first anime that got me interested. But Fullmetal Alchemist is my all time true favorite.

I also enjoyed, Black Butler, Soul Eater. I trieeeeed to get into Hellsing, but despite the awesome priest..... yeah, too violent for me. FMA had violence, but without jazzy heavy metal music to make killing look like a great time. I couldn't finish watching the series. Another one.... can't recall, but it's a priest whos also amvampire who fights vampires. Futuristic vision of the church and whatnot.

Cowboy Bebop. That is all.
Oh! Yes! Also Trigun. Vash the Stampede! >
<

Attack on Titan has my attention, but pleaaaase! New episodes.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:15 pm

I think I saw Blood+ on the animeseason.com site if you wanted to finish it.
Thanks for the recs, I'll look out for a few of them.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Blood+ was pretty short, I saw it all on Adult Swim. But there are probably plenty of places to see it for free.

Oh you are talking about Trinity Blood!! I love that one too! It was way too short. I read the mangas and novels (that were published here in English) but they got really hard to find and I guess got dropped from the publishing list. The author of the novels (it started out as illustrated novels before becoming anime and manga) also passed away so I guess that fizzled it out. Abel and Raidu are hot though!

OMG yes I am ready for new AoT.

Oh, about Fairy Tale, no that isn't really Loki. He's called Loke but I read about him and besides the name he's not really connected to the god at all.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Ah, thanks for the clarification Kisa.
Not Loki-related, but I just finished Vampire Knight. It was one I'd seen odd clips of on TV and since I was now enjoying anime thanks to the Loki ones, I decided to watch the whole thing. I love it - and I'm totally in love with Kaname. I may consider getting the manga, though I've never read manga before. We'll see....

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Ah I used to read "
Vampire Knight"
in the short-lived Shojo Beat magazine that used to come out in English. It's one of those animes I wanted to watch but never got around to ... and yeah I'm sure I'll have a crush on Kaname. ;
p
Reading manga is nice, just a black and white comic really (in most cases, some may have some color). To mimic Japanese style, they are mostly printed in a right-to-left format, that way the pictures aren't flipped. You get more pages than an American comic.

For cat-lovers, I recommend "
What's Michael?"
if you can find it, and "
Chi's Sweet Home."
I think Chi has an anime, I need to find that ...

You know what I find most interesting about anime, is that Japanese voice actors are multi-talented, and often sing and do live acts. Unlike in America where a separate singer has to be hired for any songs in animated movies.
The "
Kamigame no Asobi"
opening and ending songs are sung by the main guys in the show, and they all have character songs.
"
Bleach"
and "
Dragonball Z"
came out with oodles of soundtracks, I have a few of each.
Speaking of DBZ, the latest movies "
Battle of the Gods"
and "
Resurrection F"
are awesome! But really only make sense if you've followed the series all along ... I adore Vegeta. ;
p

If you like "
Season's Call"
from one of the Blood+ endings, you can get it on iTunes. Make sure to get the one by Hyde, the original artist.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Cool, thanks. I just ordered the Vampire Knight manga box sets, so I look forward to reading them. I'm watching Hellsing now - a bit more adult.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvena on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:24 am

I loved KamiAso!
Couldn't get into Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, though. I wanted to like it, but couldn't get myself to finish watching the first episode.
Not Loki-related, there's been several anime that I loved. Dragon Ball Z (the newest movies were amazing!), Black Butler, Soul Eater, Princess Jellyfish, and Angel Beats are probably my favorites.
Elvena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top