View previous topic View next topic Go down

" Crimson Peak" movie

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Does anyone else think "
Gothic Loki"
when they watch the trailer?

Is anyone going to see it/has seen it for the nekkie goodness? ;
p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ENt2ykJC4 (part of an interview from Graham Norton show)

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: " Crimson Peak" movie

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:32 pm

I may go tomorrow, if my tooth stops acting....
Edited: LOL LOL LOL
It is my mortal spouse acting out not wanting go!
My tooth was acting yesterday, it is quiet now.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:55 pm

I saw it on Monday and it is totally awesome and amazing. I was eagerly anticipating this film for 1.5 years since they first finished shooting it, and luckily it completely lived up to my expectations. I mean, Victorian Gothic, Guillermo del Toro directing (going back to more of a Pan's Labyrinth/Orphan style of film) and starring Hiddles... how could it not be good! Smile
It's a ghost story/mystery. A few mild jumps, but not too terrifying. Loads of atmosphere. Stunning set and costumes. Great story and characters. Lovely soundtrack. And, of course, marvellous acting. The DVD cannot come out soon enough for me. I long to see it again.
*finishes fangirl spasm* As you can see, I rather like it.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm not gonna lie, I only want to see the nekkid scenes. :;
):
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:48 pm

I hope to see it on Saturday. I love gothic horror movies!
And I'm curious about seeing Tom Hiddlestone play another role than Loki. I haven't seen him in any other roles, yet.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:23 am

Moon Rouge wrote:I may go tomorrow, if my tooth stops acting....
Edited: LOL LOL LOL
It is my mortal spouse acting out not wanting go!
My tooth was acting yesterday, it is quiet now.

Hope you feel better!

njm wrote:I saw it on Monday and it is totally awesome and amazing. I was eagerly anticipating this film for 1.5 years since they first finished shooting it, and luckily it completely lived up to my expectations. I mean, Victorian Gothic, Guillermo del Toro directing (going back to more of a Pan's Labyrinth/Orphan style of film) and starring Hiddles... how could it not be good! Smile
It's a ghost story/mystery. A few mild jumps, but not too terrifying. Loads of atmosphere. Stunning set and costumes. Great story and characters. Lovely soundtrack. And, of course, marvellous acting. The DVD cannot come out soon enough for me. I long to see it again.
*finishes fangirl spasm* As you can see, I rather like it.

That's good to hear! I loved "
Pan's Labyrinth"
and wish he would make more like that, and if they ever do another Hellboy I hope he's involved again too.

journeyintoinsanity wrote:I'm not gonna lie, I only want to see the nekkid scenes. :;
):

*innocently giggles in agreement*

Darkamber wrote:I hope to see it on Saturday. I love gothic horror movies!
And I'm curious about seeing Tom Hiddlestone play another role than Loki. I haven't seen him in any other roles, yet.

Yeah me neither. I think if anything I'd want to see the series he was in about the kings of England. Unfortunately I can't look at him now and NOT think of Loki, especially watching the trailers for this movie where he has black hair again and as I said, almost comes across as a "
Gothic Loki."
I mean like can you imagine how Marvel!Loki would be if Marvel wasn't owned by Disney? I see the smouldering looks and passionate love scene in the trailer and it harkens back to things Hiddles has said about Loki's love life in interviews. He really analyzed that character and developed a whole bunch of stuff outside of what we see on film.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:12 pm

Speaking of Hiddleston analyzing the character... I sometimes wonder if he ever found himself reading polytheist' blog posts about Real Loki. I wasn't pagan back then, so I don't know what all was on the blogs back then.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:17 pm

As far as I know, he studied the comics a lot. I'm not sure what all history he dived into.
He has also said in interviews that he's avoided fandom on the web after being freaked out by what I assume was Thor/Loki slash or something, lol. Prior to the movies though would've been a lot safer for surfing!
I can't think of any references he's made to actual religion but maybe he brushed up on Norse lore a little, I dunno. Good question.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:17 pm

I know from interviews with him that he read the Eddas etc. So he did look at the original Norse side of things and not just the Marvel comics when he prepared for the role. Tom always goes all out on role preparation.

I actually didn't discover Tom via Thor but via Hollow Crown. I loved his Prince Hal so much I wanted to see all his other work. That naturally included Thor and Avengers, and subsequently I became not only a Hiddlestoner but an MCU fan too.

To be honest, it was Marvel that made me return to the Norse myths. I'd read them in the past and always found Loki the most intriguing of the gods, but it was coming back to it this second time that I got the idea for my novel, and then 'found' Loki.

So I guess you could say the fact I am now Lokean and here on this forum with you is all thanks to Tom Hiddleston's awesome Shakespearean acting!! Smile

I've seen every single one of his films now, so if any of you want some recs, just ask. For those who like Crimson Peak, you might also enjoy his portrayal of a vampire facing an existential crisis in Only Lovers Left Alive. It's one of my all-time favourite films (as is Crimson Peak now)

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:46 pm

Hahahaha! Yeah, totally emo vampire! I loved it. I bet what he got freaked out about on the web wasn't so much Thorki (Thor Loki slash) as much as the Hiddlesworth fan fics with him and Hemsworth as themselves. I could never figure out why in the world anyone would DO that! They aren't characters like Loki and Thor, they're real people and fanfics like that, in my opinion qualify as a sort of psychic rape. :?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:53 am

I also cringe at Real People slash fan fiction. It's just too much!

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:18 pm

njm wrote:I know from interviews with him that he read the Eddas etc. So he did look at the original Norse side of things and not just the Marvel comics when he prepared for the role. Tom always goes all out on role preparation.

He sure does ... can't believe I didn't remember hearing that, I was quite obsessive at one point of finding all his interviews about the MCU movies! ;
p

"
Hollow Crown,"
yes that's the one I was thinking of that I wanted to see.
Normally I like vampires but I can't get myself to watch him be so melancholy. ;
p

I wish I had been more exposed to Norse myths growing up. My main memory is the comics and I don't remember being hugely interested in Loki as a character. (I was too obsessed with Egypt anyway and always had a thing for Nightcrawler.) So it's funny that MCU brought me full circle to say "
hey I really want to get to know This Guy."
I was really surprised to find out how Marvel had twisted the lore. It was actually reading other fiction, catching up with the lore, and seeing modern devotees talk about Him that really made me fall in love, moreso than a pretty face on a movie screen (of course it helped ... ;
p).

Real People fanfics, yuck.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:28 pm

Darkamber wrote:I also cringe at Real People slash fan fiction. It's just too much!

Yeah... XP
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 pm

Tom N. took me to see Crimson Peak today.

I wanted to see it because you know naked Hiddles and when T. N. said he wanted to take to it on this day, I was thinking, ooo that's the 28th my anniversary this is going to be great I'll see the naked Marvel-Loki avatar and then later when I have alone time when mom goes to her folk dancing I'll for sure post (or try to post lol) the Lodhur post at last and some time in there it will be fun time... but no. Yes, there is naked Hiddlebutt, but after that everything went wrong.

My immediate thoughts (publicly posted non-review): http://www.bubblews.com/posts/crimson-p ... view-tw-ci

The part I left out of my publicly posted non-review: that actor is my mental image of the aspect of Loki who first came back into my life in the past couple of years (after meeting a different aspect of him as a child.) I was totally creeped out by this film. Not because of the monsters/ ghosts. When monsters go to bed at night, they leave the night light on to make sure they can see there aren't any humans in the room, because of humans like that sister. Have I mentioned that Hiddles also sort of physically resembles my brother?

So instead of fun I curled up with my kitty-- who doesn't usually curl up with me but came to comfort me knowing I was hurting inside-- and my gods, Loki included of course, but for the first couple of hours after seeing the movie I had to ask him to appear as fire-Loki and not Marvel-Loki because I was creeped out, and that felt horrible to ask because Marvel-Loki has always been my "
safe"
form-- the one that doesn't shift into horrible things I'm phobic of. I worked it out in my mind, with Loki's own help, and the comforting presence of all the god-pile and the kitty-cat, so I'm back to being able to enjoy Loki's presence in all his humanoid forms, including the one that looks like the Hiddles, but I had to work at it.

Ha. There. That is off my chest. Now I am going to go post the Lodhur post at last, if I can. (Have been having technical difficulties with my blog.) So now I will be concentrating on remembering one of the most positive experiences I've had with Loki / Lodhur. That's what I need after this.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:47 am

Ooh, yeah, I heard the sister character was pretty awful. But I'm trying to avoid spoilers because I haven't seen it yet.

Kitties and Gods are awesome comforters, for sure. Sorry your day didn't go like you wanted it to. Sad
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:52 am

What does TW CI mean?
I'd heard the sister is a "
bad person"
but damn ...
At any rate I'm sorry it didn't go well.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Erin, I wish your experience was better! I can imagine some scenes when Loki image linked to Hiddles could be unbearable. (And the brother in the mix, ouch!) I'm glad you recuperated fast!

I also have no clue what TW:CI means

It was not the best movie I have ever seen, but it was good and I would not mind to see it again.
I didn't care much if I see Hiddle's tush, and yes, that was all there was. He played very well, but he was not exceptional.
What Guillermo del Toro did with movie is awesome, the house, colors, scenes, I love it, including the bad sister.
The story ringed the bell a few times with My Cousin Rachel book by Daphne du Maurier, but this may be only me.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:18 pm

I can't decide if I want to bother to see it.
The HiddlesLoki face is also a gateway/avatar/association I have, so I guess that's why I am uninterested in the actor's melancholy vampire role. If this movie can possibly ruin the image, I'm not sure if it's worth it.
I wouldn't mind "
Hollow Crown"
so much. "
War Horse"
and his other movies don't interest me.
I need 'Thor 3."
;
p

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:48 pm

I've seen Hollow Crown, it was OK. I personaly think Crimson Peak is better movie than Only Lovers Left Alive, where he played a vampire, but not in Crimson Peak, there is nothing vampiric about this movie.
I don't know what to tell you, best is to go with your guts!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm sorry you got triggered so badly Erin. Sad
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Sorry you had a bad experience Erin

I personally never think Marvel!Loki when Tom is in other roles. He's such a good actor, I always 'see' whichever character he is playing at the time. But I can understand that some people do associate an actor with a role and then find it hard to see him as anything else.

I just got the novelisation of Crimson Peak and will start reading it over the weekend.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Thanks everyone! I feel better now, but I'll probably be processing this stuff forever. "
Fully healed"
doesn't mean "
it's like it never happened."
It means "
I have scars instead of open wounds. Finally."
But just like physical scars, sometimes they freaking ITCH.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:44 am

erinlale wrote:Thanks everyone! I feel better now, but I'll probably be processing this stuff forever. "
Fully healed"
doesn't mean "
it's like it never happened."
It means "
I have scars instead of open wounds. Finally."
But just like physical scars, sometimes they freaking ITCH.

That's goddamn right.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:28 am

njm wrote:Sorry you had a bad experience Erin

I personally never think Marvel!Loki when Tom is in other roles. He's such a good actor, I always 'see' whichever character he is playing at the time. But I can understand that some people do associate an actor with a role and then find it hard to see him as anything else.

I just got the novelisation of Crimson Peak and will start reading it over the weekend.

Sort of like Leonard Nimoy ... well, Hiddles doesn't have it as bad as the other actors who recur more often in the Marvel films. For me, after watching lots of his interviews, he was so much Loki both inside and outside of the role that it's hard to not see it. Seeing him with black hair again (and short like the first Thor) and all I can think of is "
Gothic Loki"
or "
the way Loki could be if Marvel didn't have to Disney-fy everything."

There's a book though? Now that I might can handle.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 pm

Yep, there's a novelisation of the film. I read it last night and it's not bad. Plus there's a making of book I'm hoping to get for Xmas.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top