Something wicked this way comes?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Something wicked this way comes?

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:08 pm

So what's the latest about this year's Wild Hunt?

Considering the recent terror attacks, the idea of mystical woo-woo divine retribution coming has already fallen flat.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:00 pm

Yeah, I know, right? Sad
I know nothing of what's happening with the Hunt.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:57 pm

In light of what happened to our privacy and rights post 911, I'm interested and concerned to see if the French are going to suffer loss of rights and privacy for their 'own good'

Let's watch and see.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Yeah, we definitely took the route of paranoia. Didn't the French just bomb the shit out of some ISIS facility?
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Yeah, we definitely took the route of paranoia. Didn't the French just bomb the shit out of some ISIS facility?

I honestly cant say how much I believe. I believe my own government had a hand (along with bin Laden n co.) in the Twin Towers incident. Bush Jr. was cowering in a first grade classroom when the reports came in. He stared blankly a moment, blinked, and went on reading to first graders. Some people probly thought he was heroic to display calmness in the face of disaster so as not to scare the class. I think he knew exactly what was going to happen and wanted that very image to be impressed on the collective American memory.

Does anyone wonder why it's called the theater of war? Who's braintrust was that?

The Bushes and bin Ladens were business contemporaries long before this shit hit the fan. All but one or two 911 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia.
And Iraq DID have weapons of mass destruction-sold to them during the Regan administration by our government!
It's a theater for the rear chess pieces.
It all makes me hoppin mad because I feel so powerless
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:44 pm

I could be wrong about this as I haven't asked Loki (or anyone else) but I think the Hunt is, for the most part anyway, basically over. At least, both Loki and Sigyn confirmed to me that Loki is currently helping with "
Yule stuff"
(as I call it) in Asgard. (He was doing so about this time last year, as well--about mid- to late November '14 he spelled that almost all the halls in Asgard had been decorated for Yule--so it's consistent with what I've experienced previously.)

(On a side note, does anyone besides me really hate the term "
woo-woo"
? It always seems really condescending and sarcastic to me.)

(edit b/c I forgot closing parenthesis)
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:31 am

Odin.Chris wrote:
journeyintoinsanity wrote:Yeah, we definitely took the route of paranoia. Didn't the French just bomb the shit out of some ISIS facility?

I honestly cant say how much I believe. I believe my own government had a hand (along with bin Laden n co.) in the Twin Towers incident. Bush Jr. was cowering in a first grade classroom when the reports came in. He stared blankly a moment, blinked, and went on reading to first graders. Some people probly thought he was heroic to display calmness in the face of disaster so as not to scare the class. I think he knew exactly what was going to happen and wanted that very image to be impressed on the collective American memory.

Does anyone wonder why it's called the theater of war? Who's braintrust was that?

The Bushes and bin Ladens were business contemporaries long before this shit hit the fan. All but one or two 911 terrorists were from Saudi Arabia.
And Iraq DID have weapons of mass destruction-sold to them during the Regan administration by our government!
It's a theater for the rear chess pieces.
It all makes me hoppin mad because I feel so powerless
This is why I can't stand politics. It pisses me off. I just finished an American Politics class and I had to struggle through it because I couldn't give less of a damn about politics if I tried. It's hard to study something you don't care about.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Corannhena wrote:I could be wrong about this as I haven't asked Loki (or anyone else) but I think the Hunt is, for the most part anyway, basically over. At least, both Loki and Sigyn confirmed to me that Loki is currently helping with "
Yule stuff"
(as I call it) in Asgard. (He was doing so about this time last year, as well--about mid- to late November '14 he spelled that almost all the halls in Asgard had been decorated for Yule--so it's consistent with what I've experienced previously.)

(On a side note, does anyone besides me really hate the term "
woo-woo"
? It always seems really condescending and sarcastic to me.)

(edit b/c I forgot closing parenthesis)

Yeah I used that term exactly for that reason, as a sarcastic referral to certain bloggers.
Actually I'm confused as to when the Hunt is;
it was my understanding that it happened in winter or during Yule. *scratches head* Or when the seasons change or a bad winter storm or something. Really depends on where you read about it.
I've never felt like Loki has anything to do with it, but, I could be wrong.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:35 pm

According to the Troth volumes, the hunt season begins Samhain Night. But it's most intense activity occurs from Dec. 19-31. The twelve nights. It's more of a horror story with frightened peasants worrying Odin will whisk them off this plane or that The Perchta (Frigga?) might possess and tear up a participant of the rites to her.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Well, damn. The height of the Hunt was during the peak of my abuse last year. Nobody showed up on horses to stop that shit. I smell a rat. I think my ordeal was coordinated now for sure. Evil or Very Mad
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Well, damn. The height of the Hunt was during the peak of my abuse last year. Nobody showed up on horses to stop that shit. I smell a rat. I think my ordeal was coordinated now for sure. Evil or Very Mad

Well, actually The Hunt is supposed to be about wrangling up the restless dead. Peasants put out oats for Sleipner and hung various food and drink from tree branches for Odin and Co. It wasn't until this practice was banned by the church that it became the indoor "
Christmas Tree"
we know today. They put meats and potatoes covered with gravy into boat shaped containers to hang from the trees. Because some people were buried or burned in boats, so there's the connection with sending off the dead.

The Perchta ritual entailed the women riding the brooms over the crop fields and leaping over the ground well and leaping to show the crops how high to grow. Then if a certain noise was heard coming from the well, all the participants ran hysterically to the closest houses. They were safe if the were inside. If anyone got caught out, the Perchta might possess one and tear up another nearby who was unfortunate enough to not reach a house in time.

It makes me sad. Some see these as fertilization rituals, I see bored people with cabin fever behaving like bloodthirsty savages to feel alive.
Just like how people always get restless and find a scapegoat because they want to see a hanging or beheading.
It sickens me really.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:28 pm

The food in trees brings to mind the ornaments my grandmother brought home from Germany. One was a pickle. A Christmas pickle. Now I wonder Who thought to put pickles in trees?? XD
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:39 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:The food in trees brings to mind the ornaments my grandmother brought home from Germany. One was a pickle. A Christmas pickle. Now I wonder Who thought to put pickles in trees?? XD

Could it be.......LOKI??? Laughing

Nothing is said about Loki being involved with the hunt. If Loki was involved with any fertility activities, I would guess they involve fire. Sometimes fires need to happen to make room for new growth. And burned stuff makes good fertilizer.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Perhaps Loki doesn't have much to do with the Hunt since He's more a lover than a fighter, hence the pickles? XD Or maybe it was Freyr! XD
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:17 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Perhaps Loki doesn't have much to do with the Hunt since He's more a lover than a fighter, hence the pickles? XD Or maybe it was Freyr! XD

I don't know Freyr or his humor but the pickle has Loki written all over it. Metaphorically speaking. Lol
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:20 pm

Honestly, I could see either of Them doing it. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:55 am

In old Norwegian folklore the Wild Hunt, which is called Åsgardsreia or Oskoreia, is most active in December.
It was believed, and feared, that the Åsgardsreia would, as Chris said, whisk people away when they flew over a home. I think people feared that the Åasgardsreia would take the soul of someone sleeping if it passed over a home.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:43 pm

This is a Hunt UPG, if clouds in the sky counts as UPG....
Early this morning the sky was light blue and the clouds spread in thin lines like combed hair moving in a gentle wind, a veil...
And then I've seen the riders, only 2 or 3 shaped enough to form a figure on horse. The first one must have been Odin, it looked like Him, in His older form. Then it all dissolved to hairy veil again and next came Loki's face all over the sky, the laughing trickster version, like He is looking down from clouds, and then wind took Him too. It was amazing, and the very second They were gone, my iPhone shuffle switched to The Riders in the Sky song.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:11 am

The Johnny Cash Ghost Riders in the Sky? I was just listening to that last week or so when thinking about Odin
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:30 am

Odin.Chris wrote:The Johnny Cash Ghost Riders in the Sky? I was just listening to that last week or so when thinking about Odin
Yes, that one. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:24 pm

That is cool. Smile

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:49 pm

I thought so too. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:32 am

Odin.Chris wrote:Nothing is said about Loki being involved with the hunt. If Loki was involved with any fertility activities, I would guess they involve fire. Sometimes fires need to happen to make room for new growth. And burned stuff makes good fertilizer.

In Sweden there is an old saying, when the corn has ripened in the fields, they said "
Loki has been busy"

UPG: I have a Lokean friend who told me that Loki told her that he used to have a sacred time after the harvest, where he was especially honoured. I wonder if that was connected to the burning of the stubble in the corn fields.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:18 am

Darkamber wrote:
Odin.Chris wrote:Nothing is said about Loki being involved with the hunt. If Loki was involved with any fertility activities, I would guess they involve fire. Sometimes fires need to happen to make room for new growth. And burned stuff makes good fertilizer.

In Sweden there is an old saying, when the corn has ripened in the fields, they said "
Loki has been busy"

UPG: I have a Lokean friend who told me that Loki told her that he used to have a sacred time after the harvest, where he was especially honoured. I wonder if that was connected to the burning of the stubble in the corn fields.
Hmm... I could see how He'd enjoy something like that. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:59 am

Darkamber wrote:

Loki has been busy"

I've read something similar that, wish I could remember where ... something about "
Loki and his goats over a field."

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top