Something wicked this way comes?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something wicked this way comes?

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:40 pm

Okay, so apparently something big is on the verge of happening. I can't tell you how many people are experiencing weird shit, and then Beth hints that it may be something associated with the Wild Hunt this year. (I really don't know much about it, other than what I can find on Wikipedia.) She hinted that many different pantheons are involved this year, that something that happened has upset Everyone, and to "
look east."
Is this because of the terrorist assholes that destroyed the ancient temples? Or not? I mean, it's awful that these sites were obliterated and that people over there are suffering, but occurrences like this aren't really anything new. Extremist groups have been doing this all throughout history, even as recently as a few years ago. So is this most recent destruction the straw that broke the camel's back? Or am I sniffing down the wrong trail? *shrug*

I don't know if any of y'all are having Weird Shit happen, I know Darkamber mentioned a smelly visitor at her place, but has anybody else noticed anything? I'm seeing all kinds of synchronicities everywhere and my sense of smell has gone wonky. Usually I have a pretty keen nose, but lately, everything smells of kerosene or something burning. Even my incenses smell "
off."
But what's really getting me is this impending feeling of something bad right around the corner. And I have no freaking clue what it is or what I'm supposed to do about it. I mean, I'm on the verge of a damn anxiety attack, and I sound like a crackpot! Every reading I've done myself and had done by someone else has come up with the "
take time for self-care"
theme. I almost feel like a placated child, dismissed with sweet words and a head-pat. "
You sit tight here, little darlin'. Let the grown-ups handle this."
And I hate that shit. Every time I try to figure out more of what's coming, I get nothing. Like I'm deliberately being kept in the dark on this. I can't find any resources online, I can't get anything in meditation, I can't get Anyone to tell me anything. I'm going to try another reading tomorrow, but I may ask Someone other than Fenrir and Loki. I don't think They're trying to make me feel like a useless lump. I understand wanting to protect and spare someone from a crappy situation, but I cannot stand not knowing what's going on.

And I'm worried about Them. How bad is this going to be? Should I be as worried as I am? What if something awful happens to Them? I spoke out loud to Fenrir and told Him that under no uncertain terms was our daughter to participate in any of this. I don't care if her Daddy is a God-- I'm her mom and I say no. End of story. She may still be too young for it anyways, but I don't know. They might recruit 'em young Over There.

Okay, I'm getting myself worked up into a panic. If anyone on WP who knows anything about it would just freaking SAY SOMETHING about what they know! Beth only gave just enough to make it worse. :?
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Something wicked this way comes?

Post by Corannhena on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:26 am

I haven't noticed anything strange lately here. Loki's been pretty busy lately, but I haven't asked what he's doing, so idk if it has anything to do with the Hunt. I haven't noticed any weird smells or anything, though.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:53 am

I would wager that's why He's busy, yeah. And I don't Who is and isn't involved. I would imagine Loki would be. And Thor. Fenrir, maybe. But if Wild Hunt is Odin's Thing, I don't think Fenrir would be jumping at the chance to sign up for it. (Fenrir doesn't seem too friendly when it comes to Odin, and I suspect it's because of past events. But I'm not asking.) I honestly don't think that Mani and Sunna would have the time for it. Don't know if Hel would have time for it, either, although if it involves the dead, I'm sure she'd have more of an administrative-type role. As in, sorting the incoming "
hunted and captured"
instead of going out hunting and capturing. Freyr, Freyja? I would guess Freyja would be more inclined than Her brother to participate, because Freyr seems more of a lover than a fighter. To me, at least. Not that He wouldn't dish out a good asskicking if it were warranted. He just strikes me as more of a diplomat or mediator than a shoot-first-as-questions-later kind of Person. Sigyn? Don't know. Maybe? The Iron Wood? I think They'd be unlikely to join, simply because it would mean working with the Aesir, which They don't seem to overly enjoy. But then again, the Wolves might enjoy a good Hunt, no matter Who's involved. Beth said other People are getting in on it. I suspect some of the Egyptians woud be in that group. Bast? Absolutely. Set? You betcha. He's one of the most powerful out there. He's the one being in the whole universe that scares the bejeezus out of their pantheon's Bad Guy. Anubis? I would think probably yes. And I'm pretty sure Cernunnos is a regular participant every year. I don't really know Anyone Else from the other pantheons, so I don't know if They'd be in on it.

I just can't shake this feeling around me, though. I got so anxious last night, I ended up having to dip into my xanax prescription, which I haven't had to do in a long time. Crying or Very sad
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:10 am

The only thing wicked here that I know of is me, the wicked bitch and how much baloney I'm calling on this.
It's really lame for bloggers to not just come out and say what they mean, and then have their "
in-group"
of bloggers all chime in with "
oh yes I feel it too."
(I'm not calling you one of those people, journey)
I smell a business promotion because they don't have channelings to drive people to their products anymore. I'm damn tired of this secrecy. Either say it or keep your spirit life private. Don't hint at it then ask people not to question you for more.
Fall is coming, the seasons are changing ... gee, just look at the calendar. I've lived in the same area all my life and fall is my favorite time of year, so yeah I'm getting fall feels but that's about it. There's nothing supernatural about it.
I've been too pissed off lately to bother with divination and I don't even know what to ask.

Good point about the destruction in Syria though. When I saw that on the news the other day, I wept. But as you say it's not the first time, weren't there some giant Buddha statues that got destroyed around the time of 9/11?
I'm more worried about what those nut-bags will do than what some spirit-hunters are up to.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:59 am

I can't "
feel"
anything about it either, but I asked Loki some questions about it a little while ago. Some he could answer, some he wouldn't (he indicated he wasn't allowed to tell me those). He did confirm the Wild Hunt is actually a thing, and that it's been going on for a long time (how long, I didn't ask). He wouldn't tell me if it had started already nor whether he was participating, and he wouldn't tell me whether that's why he's been so busy. I did ask if, hypothetically speaking, he were to be participating, was it dangerous, i.e. could something happen to him, and he said no. I couldn't really think of anything else to ask about it, and like I said Loki wouldn't (or couldn't) tell me some things, so that's all I know about it for right now (I hope this doesn't seem like "
hinting at it"
because this really is all I know).
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Oh thank you for that, please don't feel that my negativity is directed towards anyone here. Those were good questions and I'm glad you got some answers that you could share.
And I apologize for not being clear, it's not that I doubt the Wild Hunt concept, it's just this current buzz about it that has me calling foul and the way they are just throwing out hints but "
oh I can't discuss it."
Then why the fuck did you bring it up?
I am *new* to the Wild Hunt though, there is no equivalent in Kemeticism. Fighting against the forces of chaos is a daily thing, and then around the New Year things could get tricky, but that typically falls in July/August. There is no giant ride out to scoop up vandal spirits or anything. And within The House of Netjer we didn't discuss pantheons working together. What other gods people worshipped is their private thing, and is not part of the temple's teachings.
My only other knowledge is a vague understanding of Celtic Samhain beliefs, but that is not the same either. This is very Norse-specific as far as I know. There's a book on Amazon about the Wild Hunt, maybe I should look into that. It's either by Pennick or some French guy. Again I can barely pull up Amazon anymore 'cause it doesn't get along with my OS.
Actually it's interesting coming from a recon path, there wasn't much focus at all on "
what are the gods doing today."
It was more "
we're going to keep doing things as they've always been done."

It's been a real eye-opener to hear talk of what the gods are doing in the here and now, what has happened to Them over the years, and what They may all be up to together. I am totally not used to it.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:44 pm

I do remember the WH being talked about last year, as well (I think my WP blog was a few months old at the time), but I can't remember if Loki was as busy then as he seems to be now. (He was tired earlier, he indicated. Not while I was asking my questions, but a few hours previously, and he'd been busy before that.)
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:51 pm

I'd only started reading WP blogs this year, maybe around April/May? I won't be reading any more for the time being so I'll just wait and see what gets mentioned here on the forum.
I thought Wild Hunt was in December so it seemed early to start talking about it. I wasn't really at a point where I could start researching it, got too many other damn things to read lol.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Corannhena, thank you so much! That makes my anxiety level go way down, knowing that I don't have to be so worried about Their safety. Thank you. <

Kisa, yeah, I wish nothing had been hinted at to begin with. If someone has important info, but can't/won't share all of the pertinent bits, then they need to just keep it to themselves. I was thinking last night (before my xanax kicked in) why in the blue blazes did she give just enough information to trigger a response, but not enough to actually say much of anything? And then tell everyone that no specific answers would be given? I don't know if it was some kind of promotion for the blog, a bit of suspense to gain or keep readership, or if she really just didn't consider that some of us would get kicked into panic attacks. I mean, yes, I'm feeling and observing Weirdshit (as my friend calls it), but I can't get enough feedback to understand what's going on, and it sent me into full-on panic mode which makes my signal with Them even worse than it already is. I'm one of the biggest worrywarts. Not only is it genetic with the women in my family, but it's plastered all over my astrological chart as well. If I don't know what's going on or what I'm supposed to do, I get whacked upside the head with the panic stick. And it ain't pretty.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:44 pm

Wild Hunt is also called Raging Host or Asgardsreia.
I will not try to sum it up, but to give a feel of it some of you may know the song Ghost Riders or Riders in the Sky.
That is also Wild Hunt, the American way.

As far as I know Loki is not involved with Wild Hunt. (Unless He would like to jinx it Laughing )

http://orkneyjar.com/tradition/hunt.htm
http://www.everythingselectric.com/foru ... opic=286.0
http://norse-mythology.org/the-wild-hunt/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:11 pm

I meditated today, trying to get more whatever-i-could-get on all this business. Got some innteresting unrelated stuff, but as far as anything on the WH, Someone started singing "
Riders On the Storm."
(The old Doors song.) I got to thinking about how other folks were talking about weather and storms... hmm. Kinda fits, I suppose. I may not have gotten an answer, but I got a serenade. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 am

I had that Doors song pop in my head too when I was trying to remember the song Moon Rouge mentioned. ;
p
I'll go over those links at some point to better educate myself.

I really do feel though, without having read the blogroll anymore since the first mention of it, that it's just a ploy for readership and business. And you'll have to excuse me if I don't think the gods have waited for this one time of year to do Their damn jobs, especially the Netjeru. But that's just me and I still need to learn about what this hunt is. Okay sure, the dark fallow time of the year might be a good time to plan a ye old get-together for some clean-up.

Beth has actually written about very little lately besides shop promotion. Seb has said he was going to zip it about a lot of personal stuff as well. Y'know I'm fine if they want to just focus on business, it's about time they make it more clear. I don't doubt that making and selling and all the administrative stuff takes up their time, and then like any other normal human they want personal relaxation and spiritual time. I just rage about the fact that they should have put barriers up a long time ago, and not come across as go-to mentors when it was all a need to make money.
And stop with the hint-dropping "
no you can't ask me anything."
My sympathy for them and their "
I'm so stressed"
is over with.

Anyway, getting off my soapbox, this isn't something I really associate with Loki either.

Also to add, while doing research on cat lore, when religious and pagan traditions in Europe kind of started conglomerating together into medieval times (Germanic, Celtic, Roman, Christian, etc.) there was a belief that "
Diana goddess of the witches"
(a syncretism of Artemis, Diana, Isis, Freyja, Hulda/Holle and Others) rode out with Her female companions and their cats on a hunt. I'm not sure if it was a nightly thing, a seasonal thing, or simply complaints from Christian clergy who misunderstood the folk beliefs and tried to demonize them.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:06 am

When I hear Doors I hear .... baby light my fire and get stuck on that one. And I forgot the name of this song too. Not the Wild hunt the AGE must be on my case!

Beth was writing (of course she was) last year about the Wild Hunt, but for what I see most of it was taken from the links I posted here.

Too many played the song but I admit it is old to remember so, here are the Ghost Rides in the Sky

by Johnny Cash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mynzbmrtp9I

or if you prefer more speedy one by Blues Brothers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8sJm7ZecR8
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:29 am

So I read all those links, and find it amusing that there is no one explanation for what the Wild Hunt is, and the current buzz about it seems to have Christian elements, wouldn't you say?
Okay, okay, Kisa is being a very disgruntled pagan nowadays.

I actually don't think I've ever heard the Ghost Riders song before, but I'm not sure.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:48 am

Actually, no I wouldn't. Christianity took over a lot, if not all, folks tales, customs, and myths. It retold and reshaped them to its own needs.
Christian elements get to the myths because some stories are popular and around very long. There was no way to get rid of them. They changed, evolved, as people and their believes did.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Oh, I agree. It's kinda sad but in a way it helped to preserve the folk beliefs too.
It's just more difficult to separate them, considering the illiteracy and general lack of objects that were preserved compared to a more drier climate, OR to cultures not as affected by Christianity like in the Far East. Of course all of Europe suffers from just the enormous amount of peoples/tribes that lived and travelled everywhere and can be hard to tell apart in some cases when they lived all over top of each other and left things behind. Like I was reading something about how little is known about the Picts.
Also it's not that I disagree with the evolution of beliefs over time and geography (whether Christianity has anything to do with it or not), or that the gods and spirits Themselves evolve with the changing human culture and our better understandings of science and the like (and less of a need for cultural/geographical lines).
I'm just having trouble coming to terms with an eclectic view, especially from those who are only interested in selling something but wont come out and give it to us straight.

ETA: Out of curiosity I looked on The House of Netjer forum and no one is talking about it. I'm debating whether to post the question.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:46 am

I haven't read this entire thread yet but I'm just wondering wtf WH has to do with fighting forces of chaos. I've never read Lore or any pagan articles and books that say that.

I mean shame on me for being married to Odin and not knowing more about it, but I was under the impression that WH was a hunt. A hunt and a war against chaos don't seem the same. And I don't think the WH season begins until Samhain or the day after and then culminates after the new year. I'm not going to poopoo any of this until I read more about it but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

As much as I find Seb friendly and funny, I agree with Kisa about the promotion thing. I feel squeamish about voicing that, but I've had uncomfortable feels about both he and Beth and how they conduct business and treat their own UPG like actual fact when I have it on good authority that they contradict themselves in blog posts. Beth was caught red handed by someone calling her out and then deleted the damning post.

They just have way too many people accepting everything that comes out of them without question. Personally, I'll go on record to say that I think they're both taking lots of people for a wild ride (not a wild hunt!)including themselves. If there's synchronicity here, it's their obvious collaboration and collusion.

Just my instinct on the matter. I'm skeptical at the very LEAST.

Look to the East? Really? Sorry, it's just so......dramatic.
At sunrise on the third day, look to the East. ---Gandalf
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:11 pm

You think it might be a marketing thing?
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:17 pm

For what I read while ago the Wild Hunt goes on all the time, only some seasons it is more significant and other time hardly noticeable.
From Halloween to Spring Equinox it is stronger than the rest of the year, and the strongest around Yule. That is when Odin rides.
At other times Others takes the lead. To my imagination, even for Odin Himself, it is the duty only if He makes it one.

I don't get much feeling about chaos and WH, more of the ancestry and some kind of natural clean up. There is a saying, if the old or very sick person makes it to spring, they will live to end of the year.
It makes me remember the poem The Erlking by J.W. Goethe. I used to know it as The King of Ghosts in Czech translation. It is a moving story and it has much to do with Wild Hunt, in my opinion.

When someone use the lore to support a vision, opinion, etc. and it doesn't exactly fit, I think it is just fine. Sometimes we feel more than remember, at least I do. If it is matter of a UPG, doxa, belief, and whoever says it believe in it, I take it as a such. If that person change the views later on, again, it is OK, sometimes we all do.

What is wrong when one twists what is said to manipulate people.
It is wrong to do it to gain an importance and social standing.
It is very wrong to do it for business purposes.
Once you put the money on the table you better be clean.
The squirming back and forth, and this is not my job saying, is plain and simply dishonest and I just may think that person is selling The Snake Oil, whether in bottle or in cards....

Beth's and Seb's Etsy prices are high for stuff they sell. They justify the prices by this and that deity is blessing or making the product with me...

The true price of anything is ruled by demand. In crafts and arts the popularity of the name who made it plays the big part too.

The tactics of both shops are rising the popularity and demand .... artificially, using methods which after while are bringing up all these questions. It takes the credibility even from stuff which may be true. To do so they must have very low opinion about how smart we all are.

xxxxx
I would love to know what Beth is doing for the Wild Hunt? Odin stops by for a brew? I cannot imagine a duty of a mortal in the Wild Hunt other than duck!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Yeah, the jewelry prices are incredibly high. And yeah, I get why people want things that their Deities helped create. One little thought, though... when we make something for Them, I feel that They're there watching and making suggestions. I mean, when I set up to make a bracelet, I pick the stones and set them out. When I'm laying them out in design, sometimes I get a feeling of "
Nah, not that one. The other ones instead."
Is that Them giving me guidance? Yeah. Through intuition, which we all have whether we realize it or not. And I do I believe, in my heart of hearts, that They do this with all of us. Not just some of us. Every. Single. One of us. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:06 am

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Yeah, the jewelry prices are incredibly high. And yeah, I get why people want things that their Deities helped create. One little thought, though... when we make something for Them, I feel that They're there watching and making suggestions. I mean, when I set up to make a bracelet, I pick the stones and set them out. When I'm laying them out in design, sometimes I get a feeling of "
Nah, not that one. The other ones instead."
Is that Them giving me guidance? Yeah. Through intuition, which we all have whether we realize it or not. And I do I believe, in my heart of hearts, that They do this with all of us. Not just some of us. Every. Single. One of us. Smile

OMG, and I mean Loki! By this Loki is the one who customized my dolls. He must be with me much longer than I thought.
I better call my "
Children of the Moon"
"
The Loki's Brood"
now! Laughing

About the prices:
$200 price tag on necklace which has golden tone pendant, silver tone clasp and a lot of glass, brass, and pewter in between is ridiculous, no matter who made it.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:18 am

Yep, He probably did! XD

And a $200 to $300 price tag is... whoa. I thought $50 to $80 was expensive. The Fenrir necklace with the wolf bones I bought from Beth was pricey for me at $80. How are they going to keep up with their previous level of sales if prices keep creeping up?

I get that they're supporting themselves with their shops, but if the prices get too high, aren't sales going to suffer? Thank goodness the incense and candle prices are staying the same, because I use a lot of those!
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:07 am

Devotional products are made for, and bought by, people who are devoted.
Beside the hard cash there is also matter of faith and heart which makes us to cough up amounts higher than we would or sometimes could in another case.
It is heartless and cold to cash on ones faith and emotions. It makes me think how much, and what, this and that person believes in.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:35 am

I feel the same way. That's why I don't charge a lot for my stuff. It's about Them, not my bank account.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:20 pm

I know. You have great stuff for good prices! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content