Rainbow Bridge and pets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rainbow Bridge and pets

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:35 am

I stuck this here as to not veer off-topic of another post, but is in reference to what Erin Lale has said regarding Heimdall and the bridge being weighed down by cats and dogs.

You know, I grew up with the Thor comics, plus heard the "
Rainbow Bridge"
story whenever a pet passed, but it wasn't until the movies that I found myself asking if that was the same as the Bifrost ...
I have never actively sent my pets to Asgard as I've only been Heathen for barely a year, and as Kemetic Orthodox I thought of them as going to a general afterlife and becoming spirits who might go to Bast and Yinepu but still visit here and wherever my passed family might be too, in other words I guess I never put a name on the place. The afterlife and spirits seem sort of transient, and now as I learn more of the different locations they can be - Duat, Helheim, Heaven, Hades, Asgard, etc. I guess I was kinda on the right track. Now I'm even more interested in the Wild Hunt, the thinning of the veil, the visit of ancestors at certain times, the movements of alfar, and how the deceased and the spirits interact with us here.
Anyway though, that's a fascinating concept that well-meaning people offer the Rainbow Bridge story as a condolence but there's no extra context. Whether it's Christianity or paganism, I think pet-owners are generally left in the dark about where their pets go.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow Bridge and pets

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Yeah, I've heard so many conflicting answers about what happens. I just don't know... and it makes me sad. I miss my furbabies.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top