Free and Cheap eBooks on Norse Mythology

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free and Cheap eBooks on Norse Mythology

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 pm

Taking up a serious study of any topic of interest can be a daunting proposition to the pocketbook. Expense needn't discourage you too much, though. There are plenty of free eBooks on the interwebs out there. Google Play has plenty of offerings in the way of free books, including the Eddas.

Type Norse Mythology in the books section of Google Play and you'll turn up plenty of inexpensive and free books.
[url=The Elder Edda of Saemund Sigfusson][/url]
[url=The Younger Edda, or The Prose Edda of Snorri Sturluson][/url]

There's also lots of books, free and cheap, about Norse Mythology that have chapters on comparative mythology and correspondences with natures cycles near the end of each myth. Most of the free resources are quite old and a bit Christian biased, but many of them are still good reading. I particularly enjoyed this author, Rasmus Bjorn Anderson. I recommend you read his introduction/preface. He really reams the hell out of the Roman Empire. Once I read that preface it gave me pause;
I realized just how much the Roman Empire still influences so much of what we think, say and do, even down to this day, centuries later.
Anyhow! Rasmus Anderson. [url=Norse Mythology, Rasmus Bjorn Anderson][/url]

Don't forget to check out [url=Project Gutenburg][/url]. They have a lot of free offerings as well.

Most eBooks come in PDF and EPUB formats.

Some
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free and Cheap eBooks on Norse Mythology

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Found a ton on the Gutenberg site! Thanks! Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top