Bracelet for Sigyn

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bracelet for Sigyn

Post by Corannhena on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:00 am

Amethyst and rose quartz beads, about six and a half inches (I have small wrists :p ):

I have enough of those beads left for two, possibly three more of these, so I'll make a couple more and sell them, I think (if anyone's interested?)

She indicated she likes it a lot. I'll have to do the one I was planning for Loki later, the garnet beads he requested have holes too small for the stretch cord that I have.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Bracelet for Sigyn

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:37 am

I really love this. The amythist stone shape is particularly unusual
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:45 am

It's so pretty! I love that the stones are different shapes! Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks!

I've finished Loki's now, too. I'll post that one later, though. (It's slightly different than I had planned, since the garnet beads were too small and I couldn't use them.)
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Pretty! The shaped amethyst gives it a nice pattern.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Since I don't feel like starting another thread, here's Loki's:

Light-orange glass pearl and copper pewter beads. He likes it, he indicated. Wish I could have used the garnet beads, though.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Ooh, that's lovely, too!
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 am

It looks good just the way it is. I like the design on the copper beads.
Hopefully you can use the garnet for another project. Unfortunately gemstones can sometimes have tiny holes (and buying online it can be really hard to judge the sizes, seems like I always get too small beads - and garnet is small as it is ;
p ). I know I have various chips that I can barely string on anything. You could glue them to something or put some pretty mixed chips/beads in a small glass bottle, etc. Do you have enough to put in a small glass dish and set a battery-tealight in the middle? I bet random beads and gems scattered around the base of a candle could be pretty (if there is no way to get wax on them).
Ah I'm just brainstorming here. ^_^

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:57 pm

I love that idea of the candle and loose stones! I ordered a crap-ton of beads and some have holes that are way too small to string. I think I'm gonna take your suggestion! Very Happy
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:44 am

Corannhena wrote:Since I don't feel like starting another thread, here's Loki's:

Light-orange glass pearl and copper pewter beads. He likes it, he indicated. Wish I could have used the garnet beads, though.

Oh man I want one of these!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:30 am

I've made two more for each of them:

Loki's:

Sigyn's:

These will all be for sale, although not quite yet as I need to get something to actually ship them in :p Prices will range from about $22-$30 or so.

I have no clue what the large reddish-brown beads in the second Loki bracelet are, they were "
freebies"
I got when I ordered something off Etsy, but I'm guessing they're some kind of acrylic. All the bracelets are approx. 7 inches except the second Loki one which is about 7 1/2. I'm not certain I can resize that one without having to change the pattern, though.

I have enough of the amethyst and rose quartz beads left to make one more bracelet for Sigyn, but I don't think I have enough for another Loki bracelet unless it's really small.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:22 pm

Corannhena wrote:I've made two more for each of them:

Loki's:

Sigyn's:

These will all be for sale, although not quite yet as I need to get something to actually ship them in :p Prices will range from about $22-$30 or so.

I have no clue what the large reddish-brown beads in the second Loki bracelet are, they were "
freebies"
I got when I ordered something off Etsy, but I'm guessing they're some kind of acrylic. All the bracelets are approx. 7 inches except the second Loki one which is about 7 1/2. I'm not certain I can resize that one without having to change the pattern, though.

I have enough of the amethyst and rose quartz beads left to make one more bracelet for Sigyn, but I don't think I have enough for another Loki bracelet unless it's really small.

I would like the Loki top left bracelet.

How muchies? Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Probably about $22.50, I think (plus a little extra for shipping, although idk how much yet. I can't find any free padded envelopes on the USPS site that aren't for flat-rate shipping, which is around $5, and I'd like to keep shipping costs low-ish). That one didn't take me very long to make. (The second one, with the large beads, will be a little more expensive--probably around $25--as I spent an hour unstringing and re-stringing the beads until I found a pattern I liked. Ditto the first Sigyn bracelet.)

It's about seven inches, although I could re-size it if need be (although, due to the pattern, probably no less than an inch in either direction, unless I change the pattern slightly). IDK how much to charge for re-sizing, though (since I'd need to unstring/restring it on new cord).

edit: Okay, it looks like (for the time being at least) I'm going to have to use the padded flat-rate Priority Mail envelopes from USPS (seriously, though, they should have more than one size of those, I don't need it to be 9x12 or however big it actually is), so shipping will be about $5.70.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:35 pm

Okay, can you reserve the Loki top left one for me? I have several Odin jewelry pieces but nothing for Loki and he's been so helpful to me.
He really is a gift bringer. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:59 pm

All right. You sure you don't need it resized? I do still need to order the padded envelopes as well :p and also I have to go to the library in order to print out shipping labels, since my printer is broken, and I can only do that a few days of the week (due to my being nocturnal and their closing times :p ).
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Resizing might be a good idea. The 7 inch I sold to JTRose was a tad too tight. I guess 8 inches would be better. Thanks!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Yeah, I can do eight inches, I think. I'll resize this one for free, mostly b/c I still have no idea what I should charge for doing so (and I don't think it's unfair to charge for resizing, since it uses materials and time--I need to re-string the bracelet entirely on new cord and use a few more beads). I've Googled and gotten anywhere from $10-15 flat rate to $X an inch (of cord).

edit: aaaaargh. okay. I can do either 7 1/2 (which I think might actually have been closer to the original size) or 8 1/2 inches without breaking the pattern, or I can do (just slightly less than) 8 inches but there'll be a pattern break (three of the small orange beads in a row for one section instead of two). Which one would you prefer?

edit again: Dangit, I thought I had managed to re-string it in a way that it was just under 8 1/4 inches, but then I realised that would have broken the pattern. I can't even remember for the life of me how I got it to seven inches originally (and I measured the original cord, to be sure--seven inches, almost exactly)--no matter how I start it off now, it's always on the half-inch mark if I keep the pattern unbroken. I do remember the knot was between two of the small orange beads, since I'd started with one and ended with one, but even trying to string it the same way I seem to remember doing so the first time leads to it ending up a half-inch larger or smaller than what I want. This is frustrating.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:42 am

Corannhena wrote:Yeah, I can do eight inches, I think. I'll resize this one for free, mostly b/c I still have no idea what I should charge for doing so (and I don't think it's unfair to charge for resizing, since it uses materials and time--I need to re-string the bracelet entirely on new cord and use a few more beads). I've Googled and gotten anywhere from $10-15 flat rate to $X an inch (of cord).

edit: aaaaargh. okay. I can do either 7 1/2 (which I think might actually have been closer to the original size) or 8 1/2 inches without breaking the pattern, or I can do (just slightly less than) 8 inches but there'll be a pattern break (three of the small orange beads in a row for one section instead of two). Which one would you prefer?

edit again: Dangit, I thought I had managed to re-string it in a way that it was just under 8 1/4 inches, but then I realised that would have broken the pattern. I can't even remember for the life of me how I got it to seven inches originally (and I measured the original cord, to be sure--seven inches, almost exactly)--no matter how I start it off now, it's always on the half-inch mark if I keep the pattern unbroken. I do remember the knot was between two of the small orange beads, since I'd started with one and ended with one, but even trying to string it the same way I seem to remember doing so the first time leads to it ending up a half-inch larger or smaller than what I want. This is frustrating.
Yikes! Sorry it's being such a pain between the hip pockets! I'm thinking 7 1/2 inches should be fine. Smile . That's something I never thought about-resizing breaking a pattern. I'll definitely keep that in mind when I embark on my own beading odyssey, lol
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:49 am

All right. It actually ended up just barely under 7 1/2, like 1/8 inch under. Is that okay?

edit: and, dangit, I think that WAS actually closer to the original size, b/c the original one had six of the large "
copper"
beads and this one has six as well. Adding a seventh would make it too large or, again, break the pattern.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:13 am

Corannhena wrote:All right. It actually ended up just barely under 7 1/2, like 1/8 inch under. Is that okay?

edit: and, dangit, I think that WAS actually closer to the original size, b/c the original one had six of the large "
copper"
beads and this one has six as well. Adding a seventh would make it too large or, again, break the pattern.

Yeah, the slightly under is fine.
Man, the way my tempers been lately I can picture me swearing, beads flying all followed by grumbling as I crawl around and look for beads I threw, lol.

As far as shipping goes, sometimes it's actually cheaper and faster to send small items regular first class mail. Whenever it's time for me to send payment and you go to the post office you should ask them to quote you the regular first class rate. I had a post office clerk recommend that once. I was gonna pay the flat rate envelope price but the item ended up only costing 2.10 to mail and got to its destination in two days. Beth usually sends her stuff to me first class and the post mark price is almost always cheaper than flat rate priority-quicker too.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:23 am

Dangit, I've already ordered the flat-rate envelopes :/ and I don't think I can cancel my order, either. I can't go to the post office myself, either, as I don't drive, and the closest one is about three-ish miles away. To ship it I was going to print out a shipping label at the library and just stick the package in the outgoing mail slot in the communal mailbox on our street, since it would be thin enough to fit, I think. (For larger packages I can have them just pick it up off my front porch.)

When you get stuff from Beth what kind of envelope is it usually in? I'm guessing padded, but is it a USPS envelope? I think the USPS site does have first-class envelopes for free but I'm not sure if any of them are padded. Or I could just say "
screw it"
and get a thingy of bubble wrap to wrap the bracelet in (but I'd have to pay for that :p ), if I get first-class envelopes.

I'll see if I can estimate first-class shipping on the USPS site, what's your zip code?

edit: okay, I'd thought they had first-class envelopes on the site, but they don't, at least not for free. The only envelopes they have are all priority mail flat-rate ones, and only one is padded (which is the kind I ordered).

I may have to just see if they have those regular padded envelopes (the light-brownish-gold ones) at the store next time I go.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:40 am

The first class often comes cheaper and arrives as soon, if not sooner than priority mail. You can calculate the price here. The different options open under tabs.
http://postcalc.usps.com/
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:01 am

Corannhena wrote:Dangit, I've already ordered the flat-rate envelopes :/ and I don't think I can cancel my order, either. I can't go to the post office myself, either, as I don't drive, and the closest one is about three-ish miles away. To ship it I was going to print out a shipping label at the library and just stick the package in the outgoing mail slot in the communal mailbox on our street, since it would be thin enough to fit, I think. (For larger packages I can have them just pick it up off my front porch.)

When you get stuff from Beth what kind of envelope is it usually in? I'm guessing padded, but is it a USPS envelope? I think the USPS site does have first-class envelopes for free but I'm not sure if any of them are padded. Or I could just say "
screw it"
and get a thingy of bubble wrap to wrap the bracelet in (but I'd have to pay for that :p ), if I get first-class envelopes.

I'll see if I can estimate first-class shipping on the USPS site, what's your zip code?

edit: okay, I'd thought they had first-class envelopes on the site, but they don't, at least not for free. The only envelopes they have are all priority mail flat-rate ones, and only one is padded (which is the kind I ordered).

I may have to just see if they have those regular padded envelopes (the light-brownish-gold ones) at the store next time I go.

Don't worry about it. It was just a suggestion really. Mostly to keep in mind for the future shipments you have.
Beth usually ships her stuff to me in padded brown envelopes or boxes. She probably buys them at office supply stores in bulk. Sometimes she uses bubble wrap. You don't need to go to the usual business lengths for me. You could pad it with wadded wal mart bags and I wouldn't mind. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:48 am

All right. If you want, we could just go halfsies on shipping, at around $2.75 each.

I'll let you know when I've gotten the envelopes and can get to the library to print out a shipping label.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:36 am

And one more bracelet for Sigyn, which is the last one I can make for either of them until I get some more beads.

I mentioned this on my blog, but I'm going to be getting beads to make bracelets for the rest of Loki's family, as well. (Will be selling those, too.)
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top