Uff, I can't believe I did this :/

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Uff, I can't believe I did this :/

Post by Corannhena on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:14 am

(sorry, I just needed to vent somewhere, even though this was my fault)

So I sent out a package containing an old video game system and some games that I was planning on selling to an online company (not Amazon or Ebay). I'd written down the address and took the notebook I'd written it in to the library with me so I could print out a priority mail shipping label, since I can't print at home (printer is broken). Got shipping label, paid postage, printed out, all good. Package was picked up Saturday morning and according to tracking info has left the Portland facility. Before it did however, I went to the company (that I'm selling to) website to enter the tracking info. And when I did I found out--

I'd mistyped the address on the shipping label, according to the label record.

It was supposed to be (street number) 28458 and I'd had it written down as 28548, so that's what I'd put onto the label. And like I've already said, it's been sent out already. I did put in a request to intercept the package (and have it delivered to the post office nearest the destination to be held for pickup), but USPS says that's not guaranteed. Hopefully it will either A. actually get to the company, B. get intercepted and rerouted to the post office, or C. get returned to me, although that might take a few weeks I think. I did get everything else (city, state, ZIP code) correct, so maybe it will get there regardless if it can't be intercepted.

I've emailed and tweeted the guy who runs the company;
in previous interactions he's been really good about getting back to me quickly (although usually only on weekdays), and he does have the tracking number for my shipment, so hopefully he'll get it one way or the other.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Uff, I can't believe I did this :/

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:47 pm

Oh crap.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:41 pm

Oh dear. Hope you get it sorted out!

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Oh man. That's one of my worst nightmares. Chances are that the post office will recognize the business name and be sure it gets to the right place.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 pm

I opted to have tracking updates sent to my phone and while I was walking the dog or making tea earlier this morning I'd gotten one that said it was at the post office at the destination city, so I thought "
oh good it's been intercepted"
but a few minutes after reading that one another one came in that said it was out for delivery. That was about an hour and a half ago and I haven't gotten any new updates since then. :/ Kind of stressed/nervous right now.

edit: Aaah, he did get it! I was worried since I haven't yet gotten any replies to my tweets or email but I checked the "
inventory"
section for my profile on the company website and the stuff I sent (minus a few things which were received but are still processing) is in the "
active inventory"
listing. I've accepted a few offers for a total of $67 (edit: accepted a few more, now it's at $99) so far (which I can withdraw to Paypal, but I'm going to wait a little while), the rest of the active listings are on consignment (to be listed on Amazon, Ebay, and their website). I'll give them about a week to sell and if they don't I'll just accept the company's offers for them.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:30 am

Oh, whew!
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:17 pm

And I now have $99 in my Paypal account Very Happy (soon to be more as well) Going to use some of it to buy beads to make bracelets for Loki and Sigyn.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:48 pm

Well I'm glad it ended well. Postal nightmares are nerve wracking
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content