anniversary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

anniversary

Post by erinlale on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Tomorrow is June 28th. My one year anniversary with Odin and Honir. (One year and 2 months with Loki.) The actual event 1 year ago was kind of horrible, but I'm so glad now that it came about. This year I've finished healing-- which was basically the same as finishing writing Some Say Fire, since that was my vehicle of healing. I've grown so much, learned so much, and I feel I've come home at last. I'm beyond grateful, and I want to make tomorrow special. I plan to make a small devotional object for display in my wall altar, and open the last bottle acquired on my book tour in 2010, an apricot mead from Meadery of the Rockies. I'll be communicating my love, gratitude, and intentions, putting them into words as much as I can. I probably won't have any alone-time tomorrow, but I'll be doing many small things in celebration and appreciation.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Re: anniversary

Post by njm on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Congrats!

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:45 pm

Hooray! Congratulations! Very Happy
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Congrats! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Congrats! I didn't know you were wedded to Odin! A fellow Odinspouse! Heck, you married the Northern Trinity!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Thank you!
Yes, I did.

Today isn't going like I planned.

Yesterday, I was cleaning the pool. The hot tub, actually, which is about 3 feet deep in the middle and has stairs and seats going all the way around. I had the pool vacuum hose connected to its rolling head which is connected to a long metal pole. I was attempting to put the pool vac in the hot tub (unheated), leaning over and pushing on the pole. The tool came apart in my hand, and I lost my balance. I pitched head first into the water. I'm lucky I didn't hit my head. For a few seconds, I was unsure which way was up, which way to go to get to the air. Then I managed to break the surface of the water with my head. I tried to stand up, but my knee hurt too much, so I floated in the cold water until I started to shiver. Then I butt scooted to the back door and got it open and called mom over to bring me a stick so I could stand up and get in the threshhold. When I stood up, I heard an audible pop from my left knee. I called the nurse line and the nurse suspected a dislocation and told me to go to the ER. I was seen very fast, they X rayed my knee and said it is neither broken nor dislocated and I just have to stay off of it. If I still can't walk when the swelling is completely gone, I should follow up with an orthopedist who will have an MRI done to see if anything is torn in there.

I am scheduled to leave on a road trip Tuesday, with the ultimate destination the Ravenwood festival where I plan to sell and sign my books. If I still go, I'll have to depend on Tom N. to do stuff for me like carry the luggage. And the boxes of books. Since he planned the trip, don't know how much walking tour is on the agenda, or if the motels will have stairs. I'm getting around pretty well on crutches but it's incredibly tiring to use them and I can't hold anything in my hand while I do.

So far, the only thing I had planned to do today that I actually did is to wear my "
wedding gown"
nightgown (which is not like a wedding gown at all, except that it is white with red roses printed on it, so its color scheme matches what my wedding attire looked like in a dream I had years ago.) But I WILL crack open the apricot mead. I am abstaining from the prescription pain meds so I can drink instead. And I think I'll figure out a way to do my art project too.

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:47 pm

OMG, Erin, I'm so sorry, this is not good as the anniversary present! But, nothing broke! And you will walk soon.
I had numerous incidents with my ankles...once I fell whole flight of stairs down and landed sitting on one ankle.
What helps is to wrap the joint in a rag soaked in vinegar, apple cider vinegar is fine. Then dry cotton rag wrapped over it tight. When the wet rag gets dry or warm redress... a few times a day and have it for night too. It helps. You may look like a war hero for couple of days, but it works. I used to put myself together in 3 days, no kidding. You may be much better on Tuesday, I wish you are! Hugs!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:49 pm

erinlale wrote:Thank you!
Yes, I did.

Today isn't going like I planned.

Yesterday, I was cleaning the pool. The hot tub, actually, which is about 3 feet deep in the middle and has stairs and seats going all the way around. I had the pool vacuum hose connected to its rolling head which is connected to a long metal pole. I was attempting to put the pool vac in the hot tub (unheated), leaning over and pushing on the pole. The tool came apart in my hand, and I lost my balance. I pitched head first into the water. I'm lucky I didn't hit my head. For a few seconds, I was unsure which way was up, which way to go to get to the air. Then I managed to break the surface of the water with my head. I tried to stand up, but my knee hurt too much, so I floated in the cold water until I started to shiver. Then I butt scooted to the back door and got it open and called mom over to bring me a stick so I could stand up and get in the threshhold. When I stood up, I heard an audible pop from my left knee. I called the nurse line and the nurse suspected a dislocation and told me to go to the ER. I was seen very fast, they X rayed my knee and said it is neither broken nor dislocated and I just have to stay off of it. If I still can't walk when the swelling is completely gone, I should follow up with an orthopedist who will have an MRI done to see if anything is torn in there.

I am scheduled to leave on a road trip Tuesday, with the ultimate destination the Ravenwood festival where I plan to sell and sign my books. If I still go, I'll have to depend on Tom N. to do stuff for me like carry the luggage. And the boxes of books. Since he planned the trip, don't know how much walking tour is on the agenda, or if the motels will have stairs. I'm getting around pretty well on crutches but it's incredibly tiring to use them and I can't hold anything in my hand while I do.

So far, the only thing I had planned to do today that I actually did is to wear my "
wedding gown"
nightgown (which is not like a wedding gown at all, except that it is white with red roses printed on it, so its color scheme matches what my wedding attire looked like in a dream I had years ago.) But I WILL crack open the apricot mead. I am abstaining from the prescription pain meds so I can drink instead. And I think I'll figure out a way to do my art project too.
Ouch! I hope you heal soon!
My 'wedding' gown is a sheer black beach cover-up with an empire waist. It constantly pops up over my boobs though. Lol.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Thanks!

Smile

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Oh dear! Sending you healing wishes.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Geez! Glad your knee wasn't dislocated, but still... that sucks! Sad
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:59 am

Oh my goodness! Well congrats and here's hoping for a quick recovery!

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:32 am

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Hope you heal fast!

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks everyone! Trip completed, and yes I did the art and the mead drinking on the 28th. I'm planning to blog about the trip.

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:06 am

Yay! Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content