Sigyn

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sigyn

Post by FoxyLokean on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:05 pm

Sigyn is a very powerful, strong willed woman in my eyes. I mean, what with Loki's punishment and all. Just the fact, that she decided to stay by Loki's side and ease his everlasting pain. She could've walked away. But she didn't. She is loyal to those she loves. And she loves Loki. Hail here, The Lady of Patience! Hail Sigyn!

History and what we know of Sigyn:

Sigyn is mentioned a mere handful of times in the surviving lore. References to Her may be found in the Voluspa, the Lokasenna, the Gylfaginning, and the Skaldskaparmal and Þórsdrápa.

I remember reading the Jotunbok by Raven Kaldera. In it, he tells the story of how Loki and Sigyn met. From what I can remember, Sigyn was a child when she met Loki. At the time, Sigyn was in the company of Njord, god of the seashore. Loki and Sigyn met, grew fond of each other and it kind of took off from there. But if you want to read the whole story in the Jotunbok, I can provide a free copy via Gmail.

Anyways, back to the topic more at hand. Sigyn is the third (or second) wife of Loki. Together, they bore Narvi and Vali. She also plays a big part in Loki's punisment. She holds the bowl over him to catch the venom from the serpent that Skade has placed. Each time the bowl fills, she dumps it out on the side and waits till it fills again.

Thats all I have for this post. Feel free to add more!

FoxyLokean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sigyn

Post by Corannhena on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:28 pm

As I stated in my intro post, Loki introduced me to Sigyn in September of '14 (a few months before that he'd spelled to me with my pendulum: Sigyn really loves you a lot*), and since then she frequently comes to visit when Loki is around. It took me a while to pick up on her energy, which is very different than Loki's warm-fuzzy-tingly "
HI I'M HERE"
energy. To me, hers is calm and soft and peaceful, and I can occasionally pick up on it, e.g. if I'm nervous/stressed about something and she comes in, I'll feel a subtle energy shift and suddenly feel very calm and relaxed. I believe, though, as with Loki, that I can't feel her presence unless she's extremely close to or touching me. I haven't known her as long as I've known Loki, obviously, but she's been very sweet so far, although she has occasionally gotten a little snarky :p e.g. I've been worried that something that Loki has been insisting will happen isn't going to happen, and Sigyn (who picked up "
the spelling thing"
, as I call it, first with spelling song requests, then about a week ago moving to actual sentences) spelled to me You are talking to deities, you know. :p She also chastised me a bit a few nights ago: This tendency to want help for yourself when you need it any time Loki and I are around, but not ask for it, is not a good one, sweetheart. (I do have trouble asking for help from them. She confirmed they want me to ask more often) Speaking of my pendulum (which I made), it makes a certain motion for when Sigyn's here, which is a diagonal NE-to-SW swing, which it NEVER did before Loki introduced me. (When it first started doing this it would JERK into this position/motion--an unsettlingly unnatural motion--and I was like "
wait what the friggity-frack is going on"
) So now it will do it immediately if I sense her presence and pick it up to let me know she's here.

*Both of them have told me it's okay to post what they spell to me online. I explain how "
the spelling thing"
works in a post linked on the sidebar of my Loki blog.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyLokean on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Corannhena wrote:As I stated in my intro post, Loki introduced me to Sigyn in September of '14 (a few months before that he'd spelled to me with my pendulum: Sigyn really loves you a lot*), and since then she frequently comes to visit when Loki is around. It took me a while to pick up on her energy, which is very different than Loki's warm-fuzzy-tingly "
HI I'M HERE"
energy. To me, hers is calm and soft and peaceful, and I can occasionally pick up on it, e.g. if I'm nervous/stressed about something and she comes in, I'll feel a subtle energy shift and suddenly feel very calm and relaxed. I believe, though, as with Loki, that I can't feel her presence unless she's extremely close to or touching me. I haven't known her as long as I've known Loki, obviously, but she's been very sweet so far, although she has occasionally gotten a little snarky :p e.g. I've been worried that something that Loki has been insisting will happen isn't going to happen, and Sigyn (who picked up "
the spelling thing"
, as I call it, first with spelling song requests, then about a week ago moving to actual sentences) spelled to me You are talking to deities, you know. :p She also chastised me a bit a few nights ago: This tendency to want help for yourself when you need it any time Loki and I are around, but not ask for it, is not a good one, sweetheart. (I do have trouble asking for help from them. She confirmed they want me to ask more often) Speaking of my pendulum (which I made), it makes a certain motion for when Sigyn's here, which is a diagonal NE-to-SW swing, which it NEVER did before Loki introduced me. (When it first started doing this it would JERK into this position/motion--an unsettlingly unnatural motion--and I was like "
wait what the friggity-frack is going on"
) So now it will do it immediately if I sense her presence and pick it up to let me know she's here.

*Both of them have told me it's okay to post what they spell to me online. I explain how "
the spelling thing"
works in a post linked on the sidebar of my Loki blog.

You mean with pendulums? I know how that works. I've done it with Loki before!

FoxyLokean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 am

You've done the spelling thing too (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about)? It always somewhat excites me when that works for someone else.

Sigyn is a very powerful, strong willed woman in my eyes.

I forgot to mention re: that statement, that Loki once spelled to me, in part: ...You have Sigyn's kindness and you're both extremely strong-willed.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyLokean on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:14 am

Corannhena wrote:You've done the spelling thing too (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about)? It always somewhat excites me when that works for someone else.

Sigyn is a very powerful, strong willed woman in my eyes.

I forgot to mention re: that statement, that Loki once spelled to me, in part: ...You have Sigyn's kindness and you're both extremely strong-willed.

Yup! Although Im having trouble with it because its still new to me. Rarely do I use pendulums. Could you teach me a thing or two?

FoxyLokean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:35 am

[edit: off topic so decided to PM]
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:47 am

Does anyone else associate Sigyn with butterflies? I do. Smile
I have to say that both Sigyn and Loki helped me through a really dark time in my life. Without them, and the hospital, I'd likely not be here. Some of the things on their altars (including a portable altar for Loki) I made in hospital. It's wonderful how Sigyn and Loki's strength helps me get through life.
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:54 pm

Dragonwings wrote:Does anyone else associate Sigyn with butterflies? I do. Smile

I do, too! When I had a shrine for Sigyn, I had a butterfly ring and a butterfly clasp on it.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Yay! The butterfly on Sigyn's altar was given to me by my physician assistant. It's black and blue. Really pretty to be honest. Smile
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyLokean on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:24 am

Dragonwings wrote:Does anyone else associate Sigyn with butterflies? I do. Smile
I have to say that both Sigyn and Loki helped me through a really dark time in my life. Without them, and the hospital, I'd likely not be here. Some of the things on their altars (including a portable altar for Loki) I made in hospital. It's wonderful how Sigyn and Loki's strength helps me get through life.

I do as well!

FoxyLokean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:09 am

Her devotion to Loki not only says much about her but it says much about Loki as well. Regardless of what others thought of him, apparently she saw things in him no one else did. After all, she married him and then stood by him although such an action could possibly have branded her an outlaw in the eyes of her community.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:29 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:Her devotion to Loki not only says much about her but it says much about Loki as well. Regardless of what others thought of him, apparently she saw things in him no one else did. After all, she married him and then stood by him although such an action could possibly have branded her an outlaw in the eyes of her community.

This so much. I have immense respect for Sigyn, so much so that I felt guilty of my feelings for Him. It does make Him (and Her) a lot more lovable when you think about it.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Ab-so-lutely. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:14 pm

I also associate her with butterflies. I am planting butterfly weed. Smile

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:14 pm

For some reason, I like violas for Her. I bought a hanging basket with yellow, white, and purple ones. Today, I bought a big pot with different shades of purple, some are two-toned. Just for Her. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:55 am

Aren't Violas those tiny, pansy-like flowers that are sometimes called Johnny jump-ups?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:31 am

Violas and pansies, I think, are one in the same. I love johnny-jump-ups. They remind me of my grandparents. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Pansies are bigger than violas. There are several things called johnny jump up, including violas and... hard cider, in Ireland. Really. Aren't words funny?

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:52 pm

And now we know. Words can be very strange. Smile

Then I have pansies for Sigyn. And I found a beautiful hydrangea for Loki. It's called Firelight, and has lovely red blossoms. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Ooh, pretty name, I have to look that up.

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:07 pm

I saw it and had to have it for Him! The green blooms are beginning to take on a hint of red now. I'll post a picture once it's in full glory.

A picture of Loki's flower in "
full glory."
Sheesh. Laughing
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I alluded to this vaguely on my blog, but a few days ago (Friday, I think) I'd been having "
brainweasels"
(as Sebastian Lokason likes to call them) of the maybe-this-is-all-just-in-my-head variety. I admitted to Loki while I was laying in bed about having doubt (again) and asked if one of them could take the "
doubt-y"
feeling away :p And like. Five seconds later this came into my head, VERY clearly, in a gentle yet "
firm"
tone:

We are both real, sweetheart. We both exist and we both love you.

I wasn't sure if it were Sigyn, or just me, so while I was talking with her later I asked if I'd heard her say something to me that morning. She indicated she wasn't sure, then I asked if she had said something, and she said she had. I said that I was a bit nervous about repeating what I had "
heard"
but she indicated I shouldn't be :p Finally I asked if she had said the above and she indicated (rather excitedly, I think) that she had, indeed, said that to me.

I think my "
godphone"
is getting better :p
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Yaaaayyy!!
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 am

That's awesome!

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:10 pm

I hear ya. I'm constantly beset with doubts about Odin's relationship to me. Usually when my self esteem is getting hammered. I often feel like the 'real' Odin would laugh at me if he knew a 50 year old fat thing like me thought he loved me. Or just as awful, that he'd feel indifferent altogether.

I chalk it up to negative self talk, brainweasels, and practice thought replacement.

I wish positive thoughts flowed through my mind with the spontaneity and ease negative thoughts do. I wonder why negativity flows so easily in this world and all that's good and light can barely get a toehold.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum