Loki

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Loki

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:02 am

Holy fuck yesssss .... *drools*
Yeah I don't usually get the scars or facial hair impression either.
But those eyes man ... mmm. I once tried to ask via pendulum what color His eyes are and came up with amber-green.
This actually looks a bit like He did in that one dream I had of Him too. Wow.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by heathir on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:22 pm

I understood it that Loki is Angrboda's consort which -depending on how one defines the term 'wife' - can mean pretty much the same thing as 'wife:'

con·sort

noun
ˈkänsôrt/
a wife, husband, or companion, in particular the spouse of a reigning monarch.
synonyms: partner, life partner, companion, mate.

From late Middle English (denoting a companion or colleague): via French from Latin consors ‘sharing, partner,’ from con- ‘together with’ + sors, sort- ‘lot, destiny.’

heathir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:23 pm

Zackly. This is another reason why I dislike labels. They're just too limiting and nitpicky. Consort, spouse... To me, it's pretty much the same.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:06 pm

I always got the impression that a consort was a wife or husband of a king or queen who wasn't entitled in any way to have the throne.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvena on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:34 pm

erinlale wrote:Found pretty Loki art. Not mine.
http://lokisbruid.tumblr.com/post/136351776229/jestershotdearass-loki-lookalike-model-alvir

I usually see him without scars (I usually see Odin with two eyes, too, it's just a "looks like a human" shape-shifter thing I think.) But this is so very Loki. I usually see Loki with no facial hair, too, but this is just Loki-like despite being unlike how I usually envision him.

Happy New Year, everybody.

Dang... He's beautiful. Every time I see this art, it captures my attention and I just kind of want to stare at it. (Does that sound weird?)
Elvena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvena on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:35 pm

Odin.Chris wrote:I always got the impression that a consort was a wife or husband of a king or queen who wasn't entitled in any way to have the throne.

That's what I always thought, too.
Elvena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Odin.Chris wrote:I always got the impression that a consort was a wife or husband of a king or queen who wasn't entitled in any way to have the throne.
Elvena wrote:
That's what I always thought, too.

Consort is a husband or wife of a reigning monarch.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa for using the wrong word.

I was only saying, in lore Angrboda was not said to be Loki's wife.  
And for that matter Loki was not reigning monarch either.

I'm sorry, and it is my fault to use wrong word.

Loki got married to Glut and Angrboda thanks to Raven Kaldera's  Jotunbok and many takes his UPG for lore, because he doesn't bother to say which is which.  

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Zackly.  This is another reason why I dislike labels.  They're just too limiting and nitpicky.  Consort, spouse... To me, it's pretty much the same.  
Yeh, totally, it is the same.  I myself honor Angrboda just the same as Sygin.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:13 am

Elvena wrote:
erinlale wrote:Found pretty Loki art. Not mine.
http://lokisbruid.tumblr.com/post/136351776229/jestershotdearass-loki-lookalike-model-alvir

I usually see him without scars (I usually see Odin with two eyes, too, it's just a "looks like a human" shape-shifter thing I think.) But this is so very Loki. I usually see Loki with no facial hair, too, but this is just Loki-like despite being unlike how I usually envision him.

Happy New Year, everybody.

Dang... He's beautiful.  Every time I see this art, it captures my attention and I just kind of want to stare at it.  (Does that sound weird?)

I don't think so. That's what art is supposed to do. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Not weird at all. I stare at Loki art a lot myself. And I pull up this picture a lot too (or even in my mind's eye), it's one of my favs as it captures the way I saw Him in a dream.
Even if you ignore modern fictional/photographical/whatever interpretations, it does say in the sagas that He is handsome to look at, so I see no harm in oggling some eye candy that fits your impressions of Him.
I got into the Lokean world post-MCU, but I think you'd find early UPG/SPG that remarks on His attractiveness. For all the spouses and lovers out there, He must be putting off some kind of sexy vibe anyway, lol!

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Lokakisa wrote:Not weird at all. I stare at Loki art a lot myself. And I pull up this picture a lot too (or even in my mind's eye), it's one of my favs as it captures the way I saw Him in a dream.
Even if you ignore modern fictional/photographical/whatever interpretations, it does say in the sagas that He is handsome to look at, so I see no harm in oggling some eye candy that fits your impressions of Him.
I got into the Lokean world post-MCU, but I think you'd find early UPG/SPG that remarks on His attractiveness. For all the spouses and lovers out there, He must be putting off some kind of sexy vibe anyway, lol!

Yes. Yes he does! That aside, he's been a true friend to me.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvena on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:36 pm

That he does!
Elvena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:15 am

I posted on my blog about why some heathens hate Loki. I tried to be pretty thorough with all the different reasons I've seen around the net. Got 2 comments so far, one from a Loki-hater and 1 from a Loki appreciator.
http://witchesandpagans.com/pagan-paths-blogs/gnosis-diary/asatru-faq-why-do-some-heathens-hate-loki.html

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 am

3 comments. Smile
I have so many things to do at the same time, no time to do one right. I liked your post, you put good facts there, I think you are right in all cases. In the last answer I misspelled, dropped the 'the' and capitalized H. I've seen it after I posted it, as always, blah, the guy may have a feast on my spelling now, if he notice.
I miss the forum, greatly!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum