Lokean questions meme

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lokean questions meme

Post by Darkamber on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:09 am

1. How were you introduced to Loki/ when did he first start “talking”to you?
2. How long have you know him/ been a Lokean?
3. What kind of thing do you usually offer him on your altar?
4. What is your usually form of divination you use to communicate with him?
5. Have you ever angered him? How did you get back on his better side?
6. What made you become a Lokean?
7. Are you part of a kindred?
8. Do others know you are a Lokean?
9. Do you work with other gods/goddesses? Who?
10. What have you learned from Loki and other gods/goddesses about yourself? Or about them?
11. Does Loki have a pet name or nickname he like to use with you? Mind telling?

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Lokean questions meme

Post by Darkamber on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:13 am

I was an agnostic, but after reading on the internet about people having Patron/Matron deities, I began to wonder if I had one (subtle nudge from Loki there).
One night in November 2010, I prayed to the Divine and asked if I had a Patron/Matron and if this deity could contact me. I also prayed to Loki and told Him that He was my favourite deity, and would He like to work with me? A couple of weeks later He showed up in a dream, for the first time, and He stayed.
He didn’t “talk” to me during the first couple of months, then He began to talk to me in my dreams, and then He’d visit me while I was in hypnagogia, that deep trance like state between being asleep and being awake in the morning. It took me some weeks to learn how to speak to Him in hypnogogia. I couldn’t hear Him while I was awake though, during our first year together. I began to hear Him when I was awake, around February 2012.

I have known Loki longer than I have been a Lokean. He first appeared to me as Himself in a dream in December 2010. After a couple of months I realised that the spirit who had been my silent companion since 1997, had been Loki all along. The “spirit” would come and visit me when I was in hypnagogia. He’d lie against my back and cuddle with me. He never spoke, though.

I light candles and incense for Him, and on Saturdays He gets offerings of sweets and an alcohol drink, like Fireball whiskey.

I used to use a pendulum, but I got trolled by spirits for a while, and I haven’t used it much since. I couldn't make much sense of tarot or rune readings for myself.
During our first year together, we communicated directly in dreams and hypnagogia. During the first half of 2012, we could talk with each other while I was awake.
My connection broke in 2012, and I haven’t been able to talk with Him since. He rarely visits me in dreams anymore.

Not so much angered as frustrated. Back in early 2012, Loki told me He wanted me to start doing spellworkings. I was a total n00b when it came to magick, and I had no idea how to start doing spells, what kind of spells, and for what. Everything I read about magick talked about how you raised energy for a spell, and I’m “energy blind”. I didn’t understand how I could do a magick spell if I couldn’t sense any energy. I read about different traditions, and found that things like Wicca, traditional witchcraft, trolldom (traditional Norwegian witchcraft), ceremonial magick and Feri wasn’t my thing. I found candle, sigil and rune magick to be something I could do. I still had problems finding something to do magick for, though, so I’ve only done a spell for hearing Loki once a year.
I think that Loki eventually got over being frustrated with me for not doing spellworkings.

I invited Loki, He came, He Claimed me, I fell in love and we married.
I invited Loki, because I felt stuck in my life, and I had read that He was a god Who could bring change.

I’m a member of the Norwegian Forn Sed (Forn Sidr) group, and I’m a member of several online Lokean communities.

I write my blog under an alias, and are only out under this alias on the internet. My mother and a few good friends know I’m a Lokean and a Pagan.

I have worked with Fenrir and Freyr, but haven’t done so since 2012.

10. What have you learned from Loki and other gods/goddesses about yourself? Or about them?

I’ve learned a few things from Loki, but I don’t know if I’ve learned about myself as such. At the age of 44, when Loki came into my life, I knew myself pretty well already.

One new thing I did learn via Loki, is that I’m polyamerous. I had thought that I was only capable of loving one person at a time, but Loki showed me that I can love more than one. He told me not to feel guilty about loving Others, too.
Loki will always be my only Husband and my primary, but, with His permission, I may love Others, too. I have sworn not to have any mortal lovers, though.

One big thing I learned from Loki, is that gods are real, and They are Persons.

11. Does Loki have a pet name or nickname he like to use with you? Mind telling?

He has a couple, and they’re private.

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:37 am

1. How were you introduced to Loki/ when did he first start “talking”to you? When I was introduced to Loki, it was through everyone I was dating years ago, this is when Loki's name was first brought up, but then I dated someone more recent when someone was having a problem with Loki, my date thought I was taking Loki's side on the problem? I said, "
If Loki is a God, from what I know of, usually that means something is up?"
It broke up the relationship immediately. I was first actually personally introduced to Loki in my shower;
I thought Loki was a spirit at first, but the more and the more I started to "
analyze"
what I was feeling, especially after Loki told me his name, I started to notice this was not a deceased human no longer in my shower, and I remember Calling for Hades uncertain by the situation, but Hades did not appear right away, as Loki continued. The next time I was introduced to Loki was astrally in Hades' Underworld;
I was told by Hades, I have a guest arriving soon? I looked curiously to Hades, thinking...I never get a "
guest"
in the Underworld before? Instead of the guest being Aphrodite or Apollo, there was the same God from the shower earlier approaching me in the Underworld named Loki (to me at the time, "
There's that red head who told me his name is Loki..."
haha).

2. How long have you know him/ been a Lokean? For several months now.

3. What kind of thing do you usually offer him on your altar? What ever he asks for, and I mean, what ever he asks for.

At first, I really only spoke with Loki one-on-one inside or outside my body. Next it was a flipping of the tarot cards from a friend of mine, who read PAST I went through a whole lot to get where I am, this can be a neutral understanding not good nor bad, PRESENT love is on the way-lots and lots of love maybe even an overwhelming amount of love but I am happy with this, and FUTURE change is a huge thing which will occur but if it was caused from love it is more than likely worth the change. Then it became dreams later, pendulums, Runes, and more. I really just speak with him one-on-one and rarely use divination.

I think Loki and I did "
bump heads"
when the subject of "
gifts"
came up;
Loki wanted a specific item for myself, I thought it wasn't a big deal that the rune set came out "
sticky,"
Loki glowered at me for "
not seeing this as a big deal,"
I told him, they are just material items which can be replaced, that's when Loki and I kind of bumped heads over "
values of the gifts Loki gives me."
To me, it wasn't a big deal, but to Loki, it was a big deal;
so I called him My New Wife, for it felt like a play on Broadway, where we were characters onstage and Loki is the "
nagging wife"
and I am the "
simplistic husband."
I was "
laid back"
and Loki was "
all over it."
Loki told the individual to make it fast, in hast, I told the individual, kindly, to take their time-Loki glowered at me again, started cursing and walked off after pacing a couple of times, glowering about it? I asked his son what was up with that? Loki's son replied, "
He sounds embarrassed by this since, it's a gift from one of his own to you, but the gift got messed up by mortal mail. Loki is embarassed, and this is just his way of showing embarrassment."
Well, so that's how this got easily resolved.

Well...Loki kept coming to Hades' Underworld, then Loki kept "
chasing"
me around the globe outside and inside my body, so I gave up and asked him what he actually wanted? Loki asked me to marry him, I stared, letting him honestly know, I don't exactly know him? I never quite read Norse, ever really? Loki let me know, "
Life is a learning experience, so this is no problem for me if this is not a problem for you?"
Hm...Loki asked me, to give him a chance and I can learn on the way in marriage with him. I looked to Hades for his personal suggestion of this? And, from Hades' answer, I became a sudden Lokean without realizing I was one.

Actually I am. I didn't know I was before, but it now makes sense, I am from the Vanadis long ago, hence all the crazy things I can do so easily inside and outside this life. Also, explains why Loki knows me before I ever knew him-Loki has been around this whole time, and I know I've heard of the concept of different Godly Pantheons being around, but when Loki literally stepped into my shower and I knew I wasn't alone and I opened my eyes was the first time Hades' teachings were right in front of me.

Yes and no. Yes, because when I speak everyone suddenly gets an idea of "
Loki,"
as well as when someone enters my bedroom, it looks like Loki literally took over my room, his things are all over the place (the only thing missing is his clothing, but other than that, everything else-I am personally starting to believe Loki to be "
a neat freak,"
where he will not leave his clothes on the bedroom floor at all, haha!). No, because not everyone has the same religious belief.

I do, so many, in fact, it will be close to impossible to name them all off on here. All from different pantheons and the same as well. (The list keeps growing...)

So much. I learned that I am a beautiful individual, inside and out, for there is so much to me, that this can take me quite some time learning from myself, and if I hear "
innocent"
one more time from a God or a "
Goddess,"
I might will explode into sparkling confetti. What I've learned about them...they are all different, none are the exact same, and that if I truly wish for an answer to my question, I am better off asking this God or Goddess.

If Loki doesn't call me Amber or by my first-life's name, he calls me either "
his beloved"
("
my beloved"
), some names I can't even spell on here since they are in another language, there's also "
Little Flower,"
"
Flower,"
"
Cherry Pie,"
"
Cherry,"
and the names keep going...

Last edited by 102 on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:45 pm

I was introduced to Loki through reading about the Norse gods/goddesses. Sigyn was there first though, Loki second. Loki, at least with me, is more about gestures than talk. Like, he'll pet my head, or I'll get a warm and fuzzy feeling when He's around.

2. How long have you know him/ been a Lokean? I've been Lokean for uh, lets see, maybe 3-4 years? As for how long I've known Loki, I think he's been around for much longer, though I didn't know.

3. What kind of thing do you usually offer him on your altar? Sometimes I offer drinks, sometimes dancing, on one occasion drumming (he seemed to like that). Oh and sometimes candles.

4. What is your usually form of divination you use to communicate with him? Usually through dreams and prayer. I've done runes and tarot, though I have the feeling he wants me to work on other ways of contacting me more (like dream work and such).

5. Have you ever angered him? How did you get back on his better side? Don't think I have. Though I know he gets upset when I'm not taking good care of myself... like right now.

6. What made you become a Lokean? Hmm, tough question. I think it just seemed right at the time. A clue by four moment so to speak. He's quite patient with me, and he appears to be interested in me romantically (though I want to work on my self-esteem first - I think Loki understands that).

7. Are you part of a kindred? Used to be a member of an online kindred... it didn't work out. Let's just say I found some of the other members actions a tad questionable. I did sort of join an offline kindred for a bit, but found they weren't quite Loki friendly (Loki wasn't pleased that they were trying to push me away from him).

8. Do others know you are a Lokean? Some of my friends do. I think my parents sort of know - though they're both atheist/agnostic so they don't really care either way.

9. Do you work with other gods/goddesses? Who? Yep. Sigyn, Hel, and sometimes Freya, though I haven't been nudged by Freya in a while.

10. What have you learned from Loki and other gods/goddesses about yourself? Or about them? That I need to take better care of myself - both mentally and physically. Also, that I'm okay with the idea of being in a relationship with Someone who's already in a relationship. In this case, with Loki. I think I've learned, like others here on the forum, that the gods are real - I mean, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be worshiping them and such.

11. Does Loki have a pet name or nickname he like to use with you? Mind telling? I think that Loki does have some. Maybe "
Hon"
if he's being serious. If he's joking around I think "
Snookums"
comes about - yeah, I don't get it. XD
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:38 pm

In a round about manner you could say I came to Heathenism through the Marvel movies. I was formerly a devout student of Rosicrucianism and the Hermetic Western Mysteries. As a Rosicrucian student, It went almost without saying that the Eddas and the Wagnerian Opera were to be read and examined for their mystic underpinnings. After I saw the Marvel movies it reminded me that I really should read the Eddas. [although I wasn't a devout Rosicrucian student anymore. I read them and that led to reading other books on the lore. It moved me emotionally more than I expected. Especially the Lokasenna. Guess I had a lot of anger issues at the time. Anyhow, there came a day when I was miserably depressed. I moved stuff aside and made a makeshift alter for Loki and put a plate there with Poppy seeds and a xanax. Didn't know what sort of things he'd like so I offered him things related to relief of pain and anxiety-something any person bound to a rock under a snake could appreciate. He thought it was an awesome gift and responded by granting my request. I was wary about asking him for anything;
being a trickster god I wasn't in a place to appreciate any twisted and blackly humorous ways of granting my requests. I simply asked him to be with me as I struggled through the hard time I was going through and to somehow let me know he was there. Well he did, and still does although the hard time has long since passed. I know he is with me every day. And he is my friend and is there for me when I feel bad. I can't always say that for Odin. Odin doesn't do intense emotions very well. At least not in my case.

Looking back, I can see he's been there silently throughout various times in my life. Or at least someone has been. I called this someone 'the dumpster deity' because if I happened to need something-a vacuum cleaner for instance-someone would always toss one out on trash night that worked fine and only needed the fricken bag emptied or hepa filter cleaned. Because that's what Americans do. They throw shit out when it doesn't work right without even checking to see if it's fixable. I have found cookware, furniture, clothing, purses, jewelry, canned goods and even a working printer tossed out as garbage. I knew someone was looking after me. Sometimes they had a feminine presence to them and other times I thought I sensed masculine presence. That would fit Loki. But I knew it wasn't Jesus, although Jesus was there for me too in his own way. He removed darkness from me. Anyhow, I wouldn't call myself Lokean so much as Northern tradition Pagan in general and an Odin'swoman. But it will be one year in August since I began my examination and studies of Norther Paganism.
I don't have a usual offering. My resources are very limited so I tend to offer out of what I eat anyways. If I make mixed drinks I'll put that out for my gods. If I bake, Ill put that out. If I get a dozen danish rolls or donuts, they get that. Along with the offering, I lance my finger and put drops of blood on their offering. Sometimes I just burn incense to them.
I don't use divination to communicate really. I go into trance if I seek out conversation. In my trance I get into a receptive state, ask the question and wait until an answer comes into my mind. It rarely comes in the form of a voice in my head as such but something I intuit and know. Sometimes the answer comes as a voice I hear in a receptive state that could be mistaken for my own thought so discernment is something I've been developing. I often don't know if it's Loki or my own thought until later, after the fact. With Odin, I can usually tell right away since he does talk in my head, although he was just a silent, masculine presence for a lot of years.
I've not been working long enough with him to anger him yet. I hope not anyhow. I don't sense that I have. I've upset Odin a couple times, irritate him once in awhile and once I deely disappointed him. When it comes to Odin, I'd much rather anger him that disappoint him. It broke my heart and upset me deeply to disappoint him.
That one's easy. I asked for assistance and they answered. I also have a more direct connection with them than Jehovah or Jesus. I assume this is in part due to them being the gods of my ancestors. They are part of my genetic makeup. There is literally a connection there. [I believe we have spiritual DNA that interpenetrates our physical DNA.
Nope. Probably wont ever be. Unless you consider this forum a kindred of sorts. I don't play well in groups.
Only the people on this forum, pagan bloggers, and a few people on facebook. My son knows but I don't think he takes it seriously and I don't offer information. Neither does he ask.
Loki, Odin and my House Wight. I've not yet felt the pull to work with others. Although I've been reading more lore and books to get a feel for a goddess. My altar is turning into a sausage fest. I need some feminine power to balance it out. Of course I could consider myself the feminine presence. We, too, are god/desses. Oh yeah! Jesus is still part of my life and I have things to represent him on my altar. I have a picture of my brother. I also pray to my father in law as an ancestor and I honor Kurt Vonnegut the writer who's passed on because of the impression he's made upon me.
About myself, I've learned that I'm not nearly as smart as I used to think I was but also smarter in ways I never realize. I realized I'm far more shallow than I thought and that I have narcissistic tendencies I need to work on. I realized I'm self-centered too. I also learned that the gods are also not as smart as I thought but far smarter in ways I never realized. They also can be shallow, narcissistic and self-centered. I've learned that of all the more well-known gods, that Loki is actually one of the more moral and empathetic. He does have a sense of right and wrong and he's not as selfish as people would make him out to be. I've learned that the inerent flaw of man are partly the result of mistakes the gods have made and an emanation of their character defects [yes, they have them] I've learned that the gods don't have all the answers, they don't know everything and that they're often at the mercy of things they can't control either. They can't change fate, for one. But they sure as hell can maneuver their way around it well enough. They're willing to teach us how to do that as well. Magic is how it's done.
I don't have any nicknames for Loki but I do have some for Odin. Some are offensive to others and seen as disrespectful so they're kept private now. But I do call Odin O'l One-Eye. If he's of a mind to be reminding me of his inestimable value, I might reply with, "
Okay, okay! You're a rock star already! Alright?"
Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:12 pm

Nope. Probably wont ever be. Unless you consider this forum a kindred of sorts. I don't play well in groups.
May I make a fast comment here?
I feel you on this;
I do work well with others, if I go by what the other wishes to hear, so I work well one-on-one with individuals, but when it comes to groups, I try to stay "
silent,"
just because things don't always work out for me, so I try to say, "
solo"
(my close friends are the same way, only a couple of my friends keep trying to find a group to work in, but keep getting "
shot down"
in other words for their ideas and/or believes within groups;
I know of that feeling all too well, so I don't mind being "
the lone wolf,"
haha, my friend/sister of mine use this quote, but then we laugh together when we look at each other 'cause we discuss everything together, like we were in a group setting, just between us, haha-good memories there, haha!).

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Amber wrote:
I feel you on this;
I do work well with others, if I go by what the other wishes to hear, so I work well one-on-one with individuals, but when it comes to groups, I try to stay "
silent,"
solo"
(my close friends are the same way, only a couple of my friends keep trying to find a group to work in, but keep getting "
shot down"
the lone wolf,"
haha, my friend/sister of mine use this quote, but then we laugh together when we look at each other 'cause we discuss everything together, like we were in a group setting, just between us, haha-good memories there, haha!).

Yeah I hate it when people just shoot you down. The problem in spiritual/religious groups is that there's always one person who's going to want to run everything-an opinionated knob who thinks they know more than everyone else. And if they actually have more years experience than others in the group then look out! If it's a large group then there's likely to be cliques who leave everyone else out. And in the case of formality you're going to have the problem of the circle within the circle, secrets within secrets. And then you have the people who actually do have formidable skills communicating with gods, they have the favor of the gods and the gods utilize them;
but they think that makes them better and more loved by the gods as well. It's a horrible predicament when gifted people develop guru sickness or have other ego issues.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:
Amber wrote:
I feel you on this;
silent,"
solo"
shot down"
the lone wolf,"

Yeah I hate it when people just shoot you down. The problem in spiritual/religious groups is that there's always one person who's going to want to run everything-an opinionated knob who thinks they know more than everyone else. And if they actually have more years experience than others in the group then look out! If it's a large group then there's likely to be cliques who leave everyone else out. And in the case of formality you're going to have the problem of the circle within the circle, secrets within secrets. And then you have the people who actually do have formidable skills communicating with gods, they have the favor of the gods and the gods utilize them;
but they think that makes them better and more loved by the gods as well. It's a horrible predicament when gifted people develop guru sickness or have other ego issues.

I must agree to some of this. I have learned, with the Gods, to let down my ego during a debate or when an argument starts, and to remember two things:
1. Remember this individual is "
human."

2. Remember that I am meant to be just as human as well.
This helps me out in all kinds of situations. Walking away, I've learned may be best in these cases at times.

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:44 pm

Amber wrote:

I must agree to some of this. I have learned, with the Gods, to let down my ego during a debate or when an argument starts, and to remember two things:
1. Remember this individual is "
human."

2. Remember that I am meant to be just as human as well.
This helps me out in all kinds of situations. Walking away, I've learned may be best in these cases at times.

One of those things learned is that a lot of headaches can be avoided by walking away and 'letting them be right' even if they're not. People like that just need to win the argument. The subject matter hardly matters. Their sense of validation and power comes from winning aruments.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Yeah, Marvel kinda lit the fire for me, too. I hit the internet and started reading nerdy stuff like psych analyses of the characters and such. Something about the Marvel Loki character didn't jive with me, and I couldn't explain it. (Now, though, I understand that this isn't my first rodeo with Him. I've known Him before, and that's why the Marvel stuff felt "
off."
) Not long after I had a conversation with someone about "
real Loki"
(because at that time I wasn't completely convinced about the Gods' existence), stuff started happening. Little things I chalked up to coincidence, a significant increase in my libido, and just the inexplicable feeling that something was going on. What really did it was waking up one night, blazing hot and drenched in sweat with the distinct sensation of my feet being tickled, one at a time.

Coming up on a year now.

I have "
things"
on the altar. Things I find, make, or buy that I think They would like. I did formal offerings when I was coming out of my dark time and couldn't feel Him, but now I just offer to share whatever I'm eating or drinking. And I can get sensations/emotions as to whether or not They like it. (I got a good feeling when I did Thorsday Burrito night. Laughing ) Also, when I go to the grocery store, stuff not on my list ends up getting put in the cart. Last week, I bought a bunch of red meat (cough, cough, Fenrir) when I usually buy chicken and lighter meat.

Well, now it's mostly sensations, emotions, and impressions. (Although I've been getting a word or two here and there again.) But for more involved stuff, I use cards and runes. I only use the pendulum for yes/no if I'm completely stuck after several spreads over several days.

I don't know if I've ever angered Him or not. Pretty sure I've disappointed and frustrated Him, though. Our relationship is pretty strained right now. The love is there, but a lot has happened that w/We have to work through.

Uh... Loki. Laughing No, seriously, after I confirmed that it was Him who was approaching me, I invited Him in. And pretty much fell for Him immediately. I can't quite recall the moment when I defined myself as Lokean, though. Maybe after He proposed? (Oh sheesh, my daughter just started saying "
Okey dokey, Loki"
out of nowhere. Shocked )
Well, kind of. There's a local heathen group here that meets up for drinks and stuff. (This is the group that held the "
Viking raid"
at the Ren Fest.) They're pretty laid back, but I haven't mentioned my "
association"
with Loki. They haven't done any real rituals and I've been in the group since February. When I told them that I had oathed to Thor, their response was kind of like "
Um, that's nice?"
Rather disappointing, really.

Aside from y'all here and on WP, only my mom and MS. Neither of them knows that I'm His and Fenrir's wife, though. Don't think that'd go over too well with the MS, although my mom might want to know more about it. I've got her doing witchy stuff now, like moon rituals, crystals and herbs, and observing signs. Smile

Oh yes... I'm also Fenrir's wife, I'm oathed to Thor, I just started something with Mani and Freyja, and I love Sigyn and Hel. I'd also like to reach out to a few others, even some not in the Norse pantheon, but baby steps to the bus stop.

Ooh, big question. One, don't take myself so seriously. Two, find the humor in shit, especially if it's personally embarassing. Three, there's soooo much more to it all than us humans can even begin to imagine. Four, being brave doesn't mean not being scared. It means you do what you have to do anyways. Five, don't hesitate to ask for help from those that love you. Six, attitude is everything. Seven, allow myself to feel what I feel and go with it. Don't hesitate or overthink. Just go with it. Eight, there's beauty in everything;
look around and admire it. Nine, if you believe you can, you can. If you think you can't, then you can't.

Usually it was just "
Love."
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:15 pm

I'm just going to answer #1, with this link to my blog:

http://www.witchesandpagans.com/pagan-p ... sters.html

The question about him getting angry has reminded me of a very bad time. I've never discussed it with anyone and when I am ready to, I'll have to be alone in the house to type anything about it. Let's just say that I didn't want to get back with him right then. What he did in response had me running to Freya, weeping, while he followed me apologizing in a panic. I almost quit the gods entirely-- shut the door in my mind he had opened. But then he managed to take away my problems, even the one he had caused. We worked it out. But only because he was the one working to make it right. I've gotten mentally derailed and can't think about the usual happy stuff right now. I'll be back later. I might answer some of the other questions later. This is actually the first time I've ever talked about this. I've imagined doing so many times. I can sort of feel him looking at me sadly as I type this.

erinlale

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/erinlaleauthorpage/

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Also: that was early on, when he had come back into my life after a 40 year gap, to inspire me to write a novel which eventually healed me. I'm fine now and we went on to have an excellent relationship. I've just thought about trying to talk about this issue because I'm telling the story of my life on my path on my blog, and I know I can't just skip the part where a god can make a mistake. The 2 parts. That wouldn't help anyone on their path, to make it all seem like sparkly unicorn rides all the time. But I don't want anything I write to give the Loki-haters any excuses to say that they're right, either. I didn't reach out to any other Lokeans at the time because I was still new to all this and didn't know anyone well enough, and the non-Lokeans would have just thought I was nuts.

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:41 pm

I know I'm not making any sense because I haven't said what actually happened, but this is as close as I've ever come to talking about it and it's been like a year or more, not sure exactly when.

Sorry to dump my brain-explosion all over what was previously a nice little numbered quizzy essay thing.

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:03 pm

I went to a site where I go when I need to feel supported and I unexpectedly saw a post that related to Loki and to my issue, and I feel that Loki was expressing supportiveness. I feel he was saying he understands and wants to help.

I'm going to be OK.

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:04 pm

No, no, you're fine. I completely get the wanting to quit. I tried several times, but I just couldn't. It felt like something deep within my soul was ripping out every time I tried. The pain of staying was far less than the pain of leaving.
But yes, They make mistakes. They overestimate us sometimes, I think. I'm glad you and Loki worked it out. We're trying to do that right now. A lot of damage was done, and it's going to take time to heal the rift.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:15 pm

I first read the Norse myths at University when I wrote my dissertation of the works of Tolkien. Loki always appealed to me, but I never took anything further as I'd always been atheist. Then in 2013, I finally got around to seeing the Marvel films and it reminded me of the original myths so I decided to reread them. That in turn inspired me to write my novel The Ragnarök Chronicles, and it was during that process that I first felt Loki's presence. He was with me as I wrote and became the main inspiration for the story. When the book was finished, I dedicated it to him.

I first felt him in July 2014, but I only truly began to embrace it in the August, so in a couple of months' time I'll celebrate my first anniversary as a Lokean.

Mostly I light candles, with occasional offerings of mead, port or wine.

Tarot and runes, though I am fairly new to both and still finding my way around them.

Not so far. Touch wood.

I guess the need to feel connected. As a life-long atheist, I'd never felt anything like that before, so when Loki first came to me it was an amazing experience and I realised I needed that in my life. I am prone to melancholy and self-doubt a lot of the time. I worry about anything and everything nearly all the time. Having Loki there to talk to has been a huge boon and I appreciate his patience with and care for me.

No

Pretty much. Close friends and family do, and I mention it in the afterword of my novel and say it on Twitter. Not afraid or ashamed to admit it. I think we should all be free to believe want we want.
That said, not everyone gets it - a few people have trouble understanding there is a difference between my worship of Loki and my Marvel fangirling. To me the line is clear, to others less so.

Not particularly so far, though it's still early days. On major solstice days I do also make a small offering to Thor, Odin and Freyr.

Loki has already helped me to understand myself better. I always thought I was a contradiction since I craved both freedom and routine. Through him, I have realised I was misunderstanding. It's not routine I desire but control over my life, my choices etc. I want freedom and to be always having new experiences, but I want to be the one in charge, making the decisions. I hate to be subjected to the will of others.

No, he just calls me by my name.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:27 am

I'm glad you're going to be ok, Erin!

Darkamber
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:08 pm

Thank you, journey and darkamber!

I'm feeling a lot better today. Smile

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Glad you're feeling better Erin. Smile
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:12 pm

*hugs to you Erin*

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by erinlale on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks Dragonwings and njm!

erinlale

Back to top Go down

Post by Helloki on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:54 am

1. How were you introduced to Loki/ when did he first start “talking”to you? i red a book about him, it was more like a childrens scary story book and he sticked on me
2. How long have you know him/ been a Lokean? meeuh, since my early teens yeah
3. What kind of thing do you usually offer him on your altar? MUSIC mostly dark psychedelic trance
4. What is your usually form of divination you use to communicate with him? talking to 'myself'
5. Have you ever angered him? How did you get back on his better side? i don't think i have, maybe he got irritated and smacked me in the face spiritualy, he told me that the time was over
6. What made you become a Lokean? i asssociate my life with his story most of the times
7. Are you part of a kindred? well i am part of a psyfamily, but thats something different haha
8. Do others know you are a Lokean? some do, but most dont know that i take it this seriously
9. Do you work with other gods/goddesses? Who? nope, i would like to be more into Hel as well, hence my DJname Helloki
10. What have you learned from Loki and other gods/goddesses about yourself? Or about them? keep on smiling ! and every thorn has its rose
11. Does Loki have a pet name or nickname he like to use with you? Mind telling? i give him nicknames, sly cat !

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:19 am

Every thorn has its rose. I like that. Smile

And now I'm seeing Loki in a Bret Michaels bandana with a guitar... Laughing
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by LokeanPope on Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:27 pm

Although I'm know for being a little loquacious, I'll try to be brief.

I was a patient in a psychiatric facility due to a collision of stress and untreated mental illnesses. (Yes, plural.) He came to me there and at first our communication was telepathic and used a combination of key words, evoked emotions, mental imagery, and physical manipulations.

Since 1998.

Edited to add: ...but I didn't know who He was at first, and it wasn't until 2003 when it all came together and I was able to make any sense out of what was happening.

Small found objects or toys. A dead bee (just the one). Items other people have given me because Loki said to.

I have a pretty well-tuned Godphone, and the Loki line is one of the clearest and easiest for me to use. For deep conversations or lessons, I meet him in the Iron Wood.

Sure, hundreds of times. I think it's a rule that Loki chooses rebels and although that seems fun at first, eventually they will rebel against Him, sometimes over the smallest stuff. I don't let my emotions to draw me away from my regular practices, so eventually the disagreement is forgotten or released.

Being born, is the shortest answer.

I am the Godhi of an in-person-only group called Wardenheart Kindred. We have members who come from near and far, from NYC to Philly to various parts of Maryland. We meet primarily in Hagerstown, MD or in St. Mary, Maryland. We are a band of misfits and weirdos, and our mission is to create and sustain a safe haven for persons called to the Northern Traditions regardless of their age, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability (mental or physical), class or financial status, and any others who have suffered discrimination due to their faith. We are Jotun-friendly, Loki-inclusive, UPG spouting, open doored group, and my congregation makes me proud every single day.

Yup. I'm one of those weirdos that's *known* for being that Loki person.

Yes. I am a hardcore polytheist who works with Gods and Spirits from various pantheons. One of the reasons I frequently call myself a "
priest"
and a "
shaman"
instead of using Norse terminology is that I work equally outside of that paradigm and using foreign-language terms would be misleading.

The Gods are real, They are here among us, They have agency, as well as hopes, fears, loves, nightmares, and dreams.

That my suffering is an alchemical substance that transmutes itself into aid for others.
That those who include sex in their spiritual expression find that no other part of their life is untouched by the Gods.
That the Gods defy human logic and understanding and that's never going to change.
That someone has to have the balls to speak truth to power, to say the things and ask the questions no one else will.
And sometimes the right answer to a God's request is "
NO WAY JOSE!"

Yes he does. Yes I mind telling. It is one of the ways I use to verify when others say they have messages from Him for me, or to tell if a Horse is actually being ridden or not.

LokeanPope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:06 pm

LokeanPope wrote:....our communication was telepathic and used a combination of key words, evoked emotions, mental imagery, and physical manipulations.
I always thought the evoked emotion was my own mind doing swings. Telepathic, key words, mental imaginary, physical, yes I'm aware of those.
Why I never thought He would evoke emotions. I have such a ups and downs these days. It ranges between euphoric joy and rage to kill. I also blamed the weather.....LOL
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top