So, yeah, Hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So, yeah, Hi!

Post by Edgewalker on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Edgewalker here. Most people call me some form of Barbara or MacKenzie;
I'll answer to any of them. There's gray in my hair and fat on my butt, and I came to where I am by way of the Big Three -- Wicca, Asatru and Chaos Magick. The first didn't last too long with me, as I'm more of the hedgy witch than Wiccan. The second and I have had a sort of shifty-eyed, growly tolerance of one another as I'd rather be out building a barn or making magic than I would be nursing a baby, but we've got a good deal of working ethics in common. As for the third, I'm getting too old for that shit;
Loki at least will listen, but Eris plays no favorites at all, so Heilsa Loki!

Over the years I've read a good many of the usual books on the Norse religions and I know a diverse bunch of Asatruar, but I've yet to attend a blot or sumbel. I hope you're all okay with that or have the guts to say you're not in open forum. 'Til then, hail and well met!

Edgewalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: So, yeah, Hi!

Post by njm on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:16 pm

Greetings and welcome. We're a mixed bunch here and it's nice to meet people of different ages and from so many walks of life.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Hey, I'm on a hedgy path as well. Smile

I've a few greys coming in, too, but eh.. s'awright. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:23 am

I don't even know what a hedgy is! HedgeWitch? I don't know what that is. I'm very inexperienced. I've actually only been studying less than a year. August will make a year although I didn't mark a date. I'mma just gonna go with my birthday as marking my day and a year study before making a Heathen oath. I probably wont oath as a Heathen, really. I'm really more comfortable saying I'm a Northern Tradition Pagan of some sort.

Honestly, in my case I feel I'll probably require even more than the traditional year and a day to choose a path I want to oath myself to.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi and welcome. Smile
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi and welcome from me too! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgewalker on Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:42 am

Poppy.Meister wrote:I don't even know what a hedgy is! HedgeWitch? I don't know what that is. I'm very inexperienced. I've actually only been studying less than a year. August will make a year although I didn't mark a date. I'mma just gonna go with my birthday as marking my day and a year study before making a Heathen oath. I probably wont oath as a Heathen, really. I'm really more comfortable saying I'm a Northern Tradition Pagan of some sort.

Honestly, in my case I feel I'll probably require even more than the traditional year and a day to choose a path I want to oath myself to.

Yes, by Hedgy, I do mean more Hedge Witch than Wiccan. I feed the house wight and I make magic from what I have on hand on the fly, and I don't follow the Rule of Three, for instance.

If you don't mind some input from someone who's done some stupid shit and dodged some even more stupid stuff, don't be in a rush to make an oath. Consider not only what you are promising to do but also the oaths and customs to which you are already bound and how they are affected. Read -- or ask, if you can -- what others have to say about their experiences with oaths and vows. That way, if you choose to go ahead, you won't be going in blind.

Edgewalker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:42 am

"
fat on my butt"
... best, intro, ever. ^_^
Welcome to the fun!
I've never been to a blot or sumbel either. *shrugs* You'll be fine here.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Edgewalker wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:I don't even know what a hedgy is! HedgeWitch? I don't know what that is. I'm very inexperienced. I've actually only been studying less than a year. August will make a year although I didn't mark a date. I'mma just gonna go with my birthday as marking my day and a year study before making a Heathen oath. I probably wont oath as a Heathen, really. I'm really more comfortable saying I'm a Northern Tradition Pagan of some sort.

Yes, by Hedgy, I do mean more Hedge Witch than Wiccan. I feed the house wight and I make magic from what I have on hand on the fly, and I don't follow the Rule of Three, for instance.

If you don't mind some input from someone who's done some stupid shit and dodged some even more stupid stuff, don't be in a rush to make an oath. Consider not only what you are promising to do but also the oaths and customs to which you are already bound and how they are affected. Read -- or ask, if you can -- what others have to say about their experiences with oaths and vows. That way, if you choose to go ahead, you won't be going in blind.

Sounds like I'm Hedgey too. I make offerings to the house wight, make magic on the fly [mostly paper talismans using runes and sigils from Saturn Squares. I also worship Loki and Odin but am also putting feelers out for a goddess.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum