NihlSkald, from Sunnas own state

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NihlSkald, from Sunnas own state

Post by Nihlskald91 on Sat May 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Good afternoon from sunny South Florida,

For the most part I prefer to go by my last name, Salo, I was directed here by Tyrienne, and have been a student of Loki since last year, but he's had a strong influence in my life since highschool. My story begins (briefly) in high-school during a visit to a friends house, the matriarch of the household was on a wayward path in life, and it was only getting worse, but they invited me over as a friend, and in that time, friends were hard to come by for me, I was always unsure of myself, had trouble communicating for a few reasons, but it was a book that she let me skim through that first introduced me to the Norse Gods, this is where I first "
met"
Odin, just a brief introduction and a little about some of the things he did for mankind, that he is the wise god, that capability of Slepnir and Gungnir, and of course, his ravens, that evening I called out, because I needed help, I lacked guidance in my personal life, and Odin began to show some influence, though it was very latent.
Years later, I had been through a lot, learned a few lessons the hard way, and needed better answers to lifes constant questions and challenges, that's when, in the back of my mind, I heard a laughter, the likes of which I hadn't heard before, though I always tried to keep a chuckle or two to lighten the load life often gives, I felt a burning passion for whatever may come, and I would need it, Loki had made his entrance, and with the help of a local Gothi, would guide me to where I am today (though the local Gothi doesn't really council me as much anymore), it was then that I met Tyrienne (for her privacy I wont disclose her name), she and her husband have been giving me advice and generally being there for me as friends, though they live quite a distance away, it's good to know people to whom you can relate and seek advice from on a spiritual basis.
Loki is my mentor, friend, God, and in many ways I consider him a father to me, he tells me the things I need to hear, though I may not always like to hear it, he jokes with me when times are grim or dull, he's everything I'd ever needed as a diety, he demands that I think in new dynamic ways all the time, and while I don't want to undermine other Gods, as he isn't alone in my spiritual practices, I believe under Lokis guidance, life will pan out much better than it has, and I'm happy to talk with you online, and learn what you have to teach.
As a hobby, I write poetry with a very simple rhyme-scheme, and I've gotten the question before, "
why not Bragi?"
and to that I say "
why not Loki?"
they're both clever, they're both amazing Gods, but Loki, to put it simply is FOR ME, he's far more congenial with me, and I feel relates to me better, I also get "
why not Odin?"
and while Odin plays a large role in my life, he only really appears at critical times, and when lifes lesson is something more latent, and practical in a broad sense, and he likes appearing through others ALOT, whereas I see Loki appearing in my thoughts and actions, and feel as though I connect so much better with him, not that I'm ungrateful for the All-Fathers help, at this point, I'll listen to all the advice I can get.
Thor and I have a quiet agreement, I don't dishonor him, he doesn't bring the rain (too often) when I'm out, but he has his place, and I have nothing against him for that, I always hail Njord and Odr when I go to the beach, which hopefully will be soon, because I was visiting consistently with a friend, just as something to do to let off steam, but whenever I go out, I see character flaws in myself, and I think Loki shows me this to point out problems that need to be fixed, and he's right, Freyja likes to visit my meditations and dreams, and until recently, I didn't like it, my family has a bad history with "
love"
, but I believe she's here for a reason similar to Lokis, I believe she wants to show me what I wouldn't see on my own because of ignorance and bitterness, and I'm grateful for that. Hela has always been like an older sister to me, as strange as that may sound, but I welcome her like family, she cuts away the parts of my Self that I don't need to advance, makes me face the things I want but can't have, and asks that I either accept it, or fight to change it, but never brood over it, she wants me to be better than I am, like the other Gods, and she's been by my side since the day I felt the laughter.

Thank you for hearing my story, and I hope to chat with you soon,

Salo

Nihlskald91

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NihlSkald, from Sunnas own state

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat May 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi! Very Happy
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat May 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Hail, Newcomer!
Glad to have you here and happy you opened up and shared yourself so generously with us!
We're a friendly bunch around here and also curious. We help each other out through hard times and spend a lot of time and space joking around too. We're pretty casual.

Browse the various topics land feel free to jump in any ol where.
I was drawn to the Norse pagan path by Loki after reading the Edda's and Saga's, plus a few other Norse Mythology books. I consider myself an Odin'swoman with a huge slice of Loki devotion to complement it. My pagan path is a little less than a year along so I'm still just a seedling. We all have varying levels of experience and devotional practices here, but everybody has something. We're just a party sized can of mixed nuts! Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nihlskald91 on Sat May 23, 2015 3:23 pm

It's a pleasure to meet you both, I hope to learn, and possibly teach much.

Nihlskald91

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat May 23, 2015 4:00 pm

HI Salo, nice to meet you here! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sat May 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Welcome, it's lovely to meet you.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sun May 24, 2015 2:16 am

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 26, 2015 9:30 am

Hello and welcome to the funhouse! =^.^=

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Tue May 26, 2015 10:20 am

^^ Ha, that made me think of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2X9SANsME

(I love Madness)
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 am

Weird, lol. Never heard of them.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Thu May 28, 2015 2:24 pm