Kinda rambly intro post

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kinda rambly intro post

Post by Corannhena on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:33 am

I've been a Lokean for almost fourteen months now--before that, I'd considered myself an atheist-bordering-on-agnostic for about seven years (and before that I'd tried my luck with various deities, none of which I felt a "
connection"
with). Then in July of 2013, I read a summary of the Lokasenna on Tumblr and thought something along the lines of "
Wow, I like this dude. If I believed in gods he'd totally be the one I'd follow."
For several months I was interested in Loki, but during that time, only as a fictional, mythological character. But I'd been reading blog posts about people's interactions with him, and I began thinking more often the same thing I'd thought when I first came across that Lokasenna summary--that if I believed gods existed, I'd follow him. And then in November of 2013, I was suddenly like--"
well, why can't I?"
and on November 2, I told Loki that he was welcome to come here whenever he wanted. He very definitely took me up on that offer. I asked for several signs--I got all of them that I can remember (although not necessarily in ways that I expected). And there is definitely a palpable connection between us. I can usually feel his energy when he's around, especially when he touches me to get my attention (I call this "
poking"
) or hugs/holds me--it's a very pleasant warm, fuzzy, tingly feeling. I'd actually been feeling this sporadically since I was in my late teens, but it increased in both frequency and strength quite significantly since I officially became a Lokean, and Loki informed me that yes, that feeling had been him all along, and he'd actually been trying to get my attention for over fifteen years, but I was essentially clueless :p In May of 2014, he informed me via pendulum and tarot cards that he wanted to marry me, and we did so on June 27, 2014, in a small wooded area not far from my house. I am probably the only human being on the planet who got married to a non-corporeal entity in the middle of the woods in jeans and a T-shirt, and whose "
after-wedding"
dinner consisted of an iced peppermint white-chocolate mocha and a turkey and havarti sandwich (both Loki's requests) from Starbucks. :p In September, he introduced Sigyn to me, and since then she frequently comes to visit with Loki. I communicate with him by means of a system I have with my pendulum whereby he spells out words and sentences to me, and Sigyn's picked that up lately, as well. (They also both enjoy requesting songs to listen to via this method, and Sigyn very often requests songs that I have literally never heard of either the title or artist, since all my music listening is done on Spotify or my CDs and I never listen to the radio/watch music video channels/etc, but that end up actually existing when I search them on Spotify. I have playlists for each of them, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post them here?)

I have a blog as well (I started on Tumblr but moved to Wordpress): http://corannhena.wordpress.com It's fairly UPG-heavy, just a warning if you're not into that sort of thing.

edit: Oh! And how do I add a sig/avatar/etc.? I can't find any sort of user control panel link...? There's a "
moderator control panel"
up top, but when I click it it just reloads the page, basically.

edit again to fix blog url since i changed it, also because i am no longer x-posting wp posts to tumblr

Last edited by 62 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Kinda rambly intro post

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:48 am

Just click the link that says 0 new messages. (Or however many messages you have.) This takes you to the user control panel. Why it says ___new messages instead of user control panel, I have no idea. I'm not sure how to change this without programming knowledge I don't possess. Anyhow, do that, click profile at the top, and then the left menu gives you an option to upload an avatar. If it does'n't work, you may have to resize it to fit 150x150 pixels.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:17 am

Ah! Don't know why I didn't think to click on that. :p I have an avatar now, it's the last pic I drew of Loki, about two months ago maybe. (He nudged at me to draw him again recently but I haven't gotten around to it yet.) I'll decide on a sig a little later.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:34 pm

Oooh, you're a great artist. Smile I wish I could draw that well. Alas.. I am not. *hides the one drawing I've done of Loki*
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks! Loki likes it a lot, as well. (He told me he loves the heart necklace.)
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxyLokean on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Welcome Cora!

FoxyLokean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 pm

Corannhena wrote:Thanks! Loki likes it a lot, as well. (He told me he loves the heart necklace.)

D'oh! Those freckles! I love the freckles! Too cute! Too damn cute! >
.<
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:45 am

Ha ha, thanks Smile And in case anyone's wondering, they're kind of hard to see, but I did add his scars (I actually hadn't been planning on it, but he insisted on them). They're sort of pinkish.

edit: Also while I'm thinking about it, I should mention my username is pronounced kor-ahn-HAY-nah. Loki gave it to me a while back (and spelled it phonetically for me after I asked him how to pronounce it) after spelling the word nomenclature to me a few months ago, and my asking (after looking it up) "
what, do you have a new name for me or something?"
:p I can't, of course, verify or confirm this, but he told me it means "
new promise heart"
in Asgard.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:20 pm

I love your blog! Especially when you reference "
Legend of Korra."

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:06 am

Ah ha ha, thanks Smile He does seem to like cartoons a lot--he apparently LOVED Over The Garden Wall, which if you haven't seen, you should. (I'm not certain, but I think it might be on iTunes.) He told me it '[had] a style that Narvi would love'.
Corannhena

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 am

Ooh I'll have to check that out!

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content