It Is Becoming an Addiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It Is Becoming an Addiction

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat May 02, 2015 11:30 am

I found jewelry making is a great pastime and therapeutic as well. For now I used up nearly all material I had, spare a few stones. I'm trying, trying really hard, not to buy more stuff to make some more. The stones I used are Carnelian, Red Jade, Red Wine Garnet, Serpentine, and Pink Quartz. I'm not sure if I said it here, my previous pieces include also Bloodstones, Baltic Amber and Red Jasper. The bracelet pictured on right goes well with Amber and Red Garnet necklace I made before. The necklace in the middle is composition of leftovers plus some lampwork beads I had. I made it first shorter used the stones only, and it was too heavy to wear. The added length and lampwork beads lighten the piece up and it and feels much more pleasant to put on. I wear the bracelet on left side.

[
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It Is Becoming an Addiction

Post by Just.Christine on Sat May 02, 2015 5:24 pm

Wow, you are such a natural at this! You should turn your addiction into profit! lol Laughing Be a bead pimp! Work those beads!
A lot of those don't sound like cheap stones either.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat May 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Thank you so very much, Christine! The imagination to get money for doing something one can enjoy is tempting. I did that once, had the job I liked. I don't make a penny now. As I said before my self promoting skills and the confidence are less than zero.
I'm out of funds for any materials now. I didn't cost me that much, $6 here $5 there. It adds at the end. I think I spent $70 for all, which is a lot less if I would buy it done. I made 5 bracelets and 3 necklaces. Do I need that many.....
My daughter will have birthday soon and I have nothing for her yet, maybe Loki doesn't need them all, and I wear only 2 bracelets and leather string with fox.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sun May 03, 2015 1:56 am

These are beautiful!
I particularly like the bracelet to the left.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun May 03, 2015 2:09 am

Thank you so very much, Darkamber, you are kind to say! The one on left is the one I wear. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon May 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Those are pretty!
And there are people who say that Loki likes green and pink so the one on the right is fascinating.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon May 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Thank you very, very much Lokakisa!
The green pink color combination for Loki is interesting. Here, I just had a few extra beads to throw in.
I have pretty candle, round like a ball, well half ball now, it has no scent and the same colors like the necklace, mash up of pink and green. Loki likes it. I use it only on 'special' days, otherwise it would be long gone.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon May 04, 2015 5:49 pm

(oh I meant the middle one but you understood what I meant, only two showed on my screen, I did not notice to scroll over lol, now that i hit reply I can see all three!)
Ooh that sounds really nice, I bet He really likes that. You could even wrap the necklace around the candle for extra decoration.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 pm

These are beautiful! Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed May 06, 2015 12:21 am

Thank you, you are very kind to say! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 am

Oooh, those are all very pretty. Smile
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed May 06, 2015 8:45 am

Thank you so very much, Sarah!
I think it is all due to stones, they look really no matter you do with them. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri May 08, 2015 8:17 am

No, you're being too humble. Smile They're gorgeous and I wish you'd open a shop. :;
):
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri May 08, 2015 11:03 am

journeyintoinsanity wrote:No, you're being too humble. Smile They're gorgeous and I wish you'd open a shop. :;
):

You are so very kind to say this. I think I will never get use to be prized without half blushing and half in denial.

I was browsing the Etsy looking for something and came across so many truly gorgeous pieces which did not sell.
Same as with many branches of art it is never only what you do but the connections and such.
I love The Wytch of North jewelry and Nono's too but if anybody think I could match them, no way no how.
They work together on promotions and have big circle of customers based on their divination services what I could never provide.
I'm good on reality check.
I would also have a hard time to ask for more than to cover shipping and used material, and my stuff may look better on the photo than in reality. I'm not bad with camera.
Thank you so much Rose, or Journey, I know you take both names. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 08, 2015 11:27 am

I agree with jt.rose: You sell yourself a tad short and when I say a tad I'm being generous.
I agree about having connections though. It's not what you know, it's who you know. I love Beth and Nono's stuff but I like Beth's better by a smidge. And Beth's jewelry is less expensive.
You know Moon, you also seem to have a natural gift for divination. I suspected those runes following me about might have meant what you said, but you added to it as well.
I wish I knew where Nono and Beth got their supplies. I'd like to make my own jewelry and soaps. I can't afford to buy as much as I want on my income.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri May 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote: It's not what you know, it's who you know. I wish I knew where Nono and Beth got their supplies. I'd like to make my own jewelry and soaps. I can't afford to buy as much as I want on my income.
I'm so glad the forum is under the password, because you will love this one, and it is quote from the real life. I worked a few years in Millennium Broadway Hotel, NYC. I was one of few who opened the beast. I started in housekeeping, you know I took any job and I had many. And there was the fight for positions later on. And as one of my outspoken friends back there said:

It is not who you know, it is who you blow.

Forward to next part: I browsed the Etsy a lot, Beth has her stuff for jewelry there. You may notice I picked my fox pendant in gold she used the the silver ones back then. They come in three colors silver, gold and copper., 4 pieces for 2.50 + 2.65 shipping. By me it is inexpensive, and I could go on with every item and part used. Nono use here and there gold plated or silver charm, that costs more. How is the candles and soap done I have no clue, never looked it, but I guess it is not much different. I found Etsy cheaper than eBay these days. I like how Beth do her stuff tad more too, actually two tads more!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri May 08, 2015 12:47 pm

I too think you should give selling your stuff a try. Or like I have suggested to Poppy, and now that our forum is private, we can kind of have our own marketplace here. It can be a test run to see how things turn out, or use for barter or gifts (here I don't want anyone embarrassed over money).

I am surprised how much craft supplies have shown up on Etsy, so yeah check there.
I usually shop firemountaingems.com for jewelry but they are certainly not the only ones. If you know what exactly you are looking for just google that item and see what links come up for more stores.

I know how to make candles and soap, and incense and oils too, it is not that difficult. Really just getting all your supplies and your recipe straightened out is the main thing. Of course candle-making can be hit or miss, I have not been able to do large-size container because the wax cooled too fast and cracked. Essential oils can be expensive also. I have a ton of bookmarks for all kinds of craft supplies. Some stuff can be found at AC Moore and Michaels but I am picky about quality/ingredients.
If I put my mind to it I could pretty much make all the same things Beth and Nono make. (I don't know where they get all their neat charms though.) The price they charge mostly comes from charging for their time. But this is their livelihood so they charge a living wage.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 08, 2015 2:09 pm

I really like doTerra essential oils. But they have oils limited to medicinal or cleansing uses. Nothing much for aromatherapy or just fragrance for its own sake. but yeah, essential oils are expensive [sandalwood, frankincense and melissa are all examples of costly oils]

I want to start making my own Odin themed jewelry, soap, candles, etc. I decided I'm going to learn about jewelry making and repair the bracelet myself as a sort of magical practice to fix the tension and misunderstandings that happened.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri May 08, 2015 4:43 pm

I looked up doTerra. All their oils can be used for aromatherapy/fragrance. That is the whole point of aroma-therapy. ;
p
It just so happens that most oils (but not all) have multiple uses. ^_^

I posted my craft supply bookmarks in the Resources section. Take a look-see.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri May 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:And as one of my outspoken friends back there said:

Another version of this: It's not about who you know or who you blow. It's about how you blow who you know. :;
):
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri May 08, 2015 7:36 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:
Moon Rouge wrote:And as one of my outspoken friends back there said:

Another version of this: It's not about who you know or who you blow. It's about how you blow who you know. :;
):

I don't provide that kind of service, only out of pure love, therefore I always do my best. Laughing
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri May 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Laughing
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content