Post by Moon Rouge on Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

That stuff must be deadly, I suspect we all had some because:
It looks like everyone died around here or is indisposed
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Comical/Interesting Experiences

Post by Just.Christine on Thu May 07, 2015 6:14 pm

I wish I would have even just one affirming dream. I supposed I should meditate and train again. Gods. I hate effort that doesn't pay off.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu May 07, 2015 7:44 pm

Christine, I forget most of my dreams when I wake up. It is as frustrating like not to have them.
Loki played a few songs for me, as I had really shitty day, more shitty than yesterday, which was already low on the bad scale, or bad on the low scale? I dunno now which one, it comes all to same.
So, He played a few, got on with Presley, but no love me tender, or only you. What I understood was: Loki put on the Blue Suede Shoes and was Going to Valhalla where He is going to Rock Around the Clock all night. And I'm not invited...
What is better to know or not to know, that is the question!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri May 08, 2015 11:30 am

Poppy.Meister wrote:I wish I would have even just one affirming dream. I supposed I should meditate and train again. Gods. I hate effort that doesn't pay off.

Don't feel bad, I haven't had any dreams or visions either. Or much of anything to report, really. So I've been on the disappointed side too, particularly after things that were told to me through readings which I can't seem to make any headway on.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 08, 2015 11:37 am

Lokakisa wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:I wish I would have even just one affirming dream. I supposed I should meditate and train again. Gods. I hate effort that doesn't pay off.

Don't feel bad, I haven't had any dreams or visions either. Or much of anything to report, really. So I've been on the disappointed side too, particularly after things that were told to me through readings which I can't seem to make any headway on.

pshh! Readings. I dunno, perhaps I'm too untrusting but it seems to me that divinatory readings exacerbate the problems and cause more anxiety. What I'm observing is general relief right after a reading followed by even deeper anxiety and worse experiences. Including my own self divination right after Odin proposed to me and I had that 'event' the following morning.

I might be prejudice though. I once did a tarot card reading for a friends boyfriend. I interpreted his reading as coming in closer touch with the man's inner feminine-the sensitive and that his girlfriend would help him go through it. Some time shortly after the reading, she walked into the bedroom and found him trying on her clothes. She was shocked at him and ridiculed him and called him a pervert. He got so enraged that he beat her, dragged her into the kitchen and told her to make his dinner and accused her and I of being in collusion to try and 'turn him into a woman' He beat her twice. I've only done a few readings in my life but almost every time something bad happened after.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri May 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Wow ... damn.

Well, I'm not saying anything bad has happened to me. I'm just impatient and wish I had better "
psychic superpowers."
^_^ I'm eager to do things but feel like I'm sorta flailing. And I wish I could help people more.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 08, 2015 2:20 pm

I know how you feel. I've been studying the runes and trying to be a bit less jaded about divination. I find the runes a bit....boring. to be honest. I made a commitment to study the one book and give them a try because I wanted to please Odin. I'm about 3/4 through the book and it is getting a bit more interesting but I don't think I'll ever really get into them the way I get into tarot. I've used the Major Arcana tarot of Waite as a sort of flash card/life path guide along with the book, Tarot and the Journey of the Hero.

I do enjoy writing with runes as alphabet though. It looks really neat and secret in a journal, lol. Using them as alphabet is a good way to learn them fast too. It doesn't take long to memorize their alphabet correspondences when you actually translate a page or two in a journal. By the time you copy and translate just a couple pages, you've got them memorized.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri May 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Ooh that sounds like a neat idea. I mean that is what it is anyway, an alphabet.
Maybe you can mix the runes together with tarot? Nothing says you have to give up tarot. If the runes don't do it for you, that doesn't make you less of a Heathen. At least you're trying.
I doubt I'm going to stick with one system, the question is when to use what, lol.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat May 09, 2015 12:42 am

I've used runes and tarot together.
I've both tried pulling cards, and then a rune for each card, and the other way around. I got some interesting readings when I combined the two.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Sat May 09, 2015 11:44 am

I've not tried using runes and tarot together myself, but I haven't found the right tarot deck I guess. The only experience I have with tarot and runes being used together are with Beth. It was definitely interesting. As for dreams, I've only had a couple. Definitely need to work on my spiritual side. Also need to wake up a bit. XD
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Sun May 10, 2015 9:46 am

Yeah, seeing how Beth did a reading was pretty cool.
And there are SO FREAKING MANY tarot/oracle decks out there, you should be able to find something you like. Lol
It starts to become a collectible habit. I have 6 or 7 plus scarabs and runes. And I still want a Halloween deck. ;
p Then it's like, which one do I use???? *pulls out hair* I'm trying to figure out how to work them together (or separately), based on the few readings I've had done from Beth and Nono. I don't think Nono mixes anything in one reading though. But he has switched from cards to runes depending on my question.
I think even Beth has different ones for different purposes or you can request the one you like?
I've been thinking more about the runes, they are magical symbols after all, if reading is not such a easy thing you could use them like sigils. Or just pull one at a time and meditate on it. I think they lend themselves to different forms of magical uses. Like making jewelry with rune beads spelling something out, or like Beth's rune pendant necklaces.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helloki on Sun May 10, 2015 4:43 pm

i like reading all these different experiences! good stuff
bought myself a rune set this weekend =)

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rjlatrans on Sun May 10, 2015 7:30 pm

My problem with tarot is each time I find a deck I ADORE, it turns out to be out of print and the cards cost at least 75 bucks. Which uh. No. (Oh Wheel of Change tarot, why must you allude me).

However, I am definitely looking at the Sun and Moon tarot at the moment. It looks really cool. And I will probably mix it up sometimes depending on the question!

rjlatrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon May 11, 2015 2:21 am

Helloki wrote:i like reading all these different experiences! good stuff

Really? What type? Stone or wood or some other material? Post pics!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helloki on Fri May 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:
Helloki wrote:i like reading all these different experiences! good stuff

Really? What type? Stone or wood or some other material? Post pics!
oh nothing fancy, wooden, from Guy Ogilvy
call it a starters pack haha

really basic explanation about the gods , Loki is depicted like a backstabbing conman or something..
but anyway its more about the runes in the textbook
and maybe its not a good transalation

works well ! i did some 3way rune casting for getting to know it and it was spot on for me and a friend =)

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun May 17, 2015 11:23 am

I should add a wooden set to my collection. Wood is very sacred to the Northern Pagan.
I have a Tiger's Eye set and Goldstone set which is actually a dark blue stone with flecks of what I think is fools gold. I guess I really should learn the proper latin names for stuff.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Fool's Gold is Pyrite.
Goldstone is usually a red colour, so if your set is blue that will mean it's a non-copper one.
Lapis Lazuli is also blue with gold flecks.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun May 17, 2015 9:49 pm

You know, Christine, my redbud tree gifted a beautiful branch to me a little while ago. I thought about making a set of runes with it. Hopefully I'll get a woodburner for my birthday next month and can do that. Redbud is a great wood for love and relationships. If I get to make a few sets, one is yours. ♥
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 am

Goldstone is a manmade glass with sparkling flecks and can be red, green or blue.
Lapis usually has streaks and splotches along with the gold splotches/flecks.
Howlite is sometimes dyed to look like lapis but I don't think it has as much of the splotchy/gold look.

Mine look like black tumbled stones, maybe jet but I'm not sure. I got them as part of collecting the "
Enhancing Mind, Body &
Spirit"
cards ( http://amzn.com/B000G1KP9Y ), which IMP no longer publishes.

Making your own set sounds like a great way to get to know them!
I used to do woodburning as a kid ... really hard to keep the lines steady. I miss it though and sometimes think of picking it up again. The newer tools have all kinds of neat attachments for more than just wood.

I think Nono makes custom sets too on stones. I wonder how he carves them, with a Dremel tool maybe? Something that can etch stone I guess.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon May 18, 2015 4:20 pm

njm wrote:Fool's Gold is Pyrite.
Goldstone is usually a red colour, so if your set is blue that will mean it's a non-copper one.
Lapis Lazuli is also blue with gold flecks.

Ah Pyrite. I thought that's what it was called but I was too lazy to google it and wasn't in the mood to risk embarrassment if I got it laughably wrong. Razz I have a Lapis Lazuli pendulum. I'm thinking of buying one with just a regular crystal stone. This one I have has issues and I don't trust it.

...and just looking outside on my balcony, i noticed how sunny and gorgeous it is outside, so I put my pendulum and rune sets in dishes of salt water and stuck them out in the sun. next full moon they get a full moon charge. I should buy a rune set specifically for dark/shadow work and charge them under the new moon.

and omg! yes! I'd love to have a wooden rune set! Smile what a generous gift that would be on your part! ^__^
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon May 18, 2015 4:28 pm

I had a comical experience during meditation today. I laid down to meditate on whatever it is that Loki and Thor are up to. (Fenrir clearly has no part in it. He's made that obvious in His choice of cards and runes.) So, I started into my meditation and saw the three of Them with me. Thor in front of me, Loki and Fenrir beside me. Thor reached for my hand and I was like, "
No, this happened too quick. I'm making this up."
They laughed and I tried going deeper into the state. I heard some words in a deep male voice, but I don't recall what was said. The last bit I remember is seeing my hand being held in a very large, strong hand and then seeing a wooden dragon head on front of a Viking ship gliding across the water. I came out of it, sat up, and was kind of laughing. Is Loki "
shipping"
me with Thor??? Shocked (He shipped me with Fenrir...)

**Yes, Christine, when I make the runes, it's yours. ♥
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top