Another Australian :)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Another Australian :)

Post by njm on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:12 am

Welcome Ally. Great to have you with us.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AzaleaMoon on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks njm Smile

AzaleaMoon

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:39 am

Hi Ally, and nice to meet you!

I sit while I meditate.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:42 am

Hello and welcome! ^_^
I think you'll find that you're really not alone in your worries and doubts here.
Discernment, meditation, divination, etc. etc. takes practice practice practice. Try all kinds of things, even putting your music playlist on shuffle. Start a journal to record any experiences you suspect might be from outside yourself.
I don't claim to have a godphone. I've had to consult professional diviners for my curiosities until I learn divination on my own. I get senses and impressions once in a while, but I can't claim to have had a full-on conversation that wasn't just my own brain-weasels.
I have anxiety and depression, and take medication for the anxiety, plus I have pills for migraines and IBS. They all make me subdued and drowsy and woozy at times so I'm sure they affect my discernment abilities. If you've been on your med(s) for a while and know when your best clear-headed moments are, use those times for trying communication. It's hard for me to meditate right now because I'm always sleepy.
Please don't beat yourself up over any of this. The gods will find a way to get a message to you. Some of us here might offer opportunities for a practice reading, and we can also recommend professional diviners. Be wary though that they don't tend to take "
does Loki want to marry me"
questions, but if He is interested the romantic message will come through. And it doesn't hurt to take time. I received a romantic message from a reading myself (actually it tends to pop up repeatedly since I've had several done though I didn't ask about it specifically), but I am taking my time to learn before doing a ceremony.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AzaleaMoon on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks, Lokakisa and Moon Rogue for your replies and welcomes Smile
I did have an interesting experience with a spider last night. Almost chalked it up to coincidence but it was just too weird, so I'm thinking it might actually have been something.
I definitely agree that these things take time and practice, and I'm beginning to think that's the issue - not enough practice. I mentioned in another thread that I'm going away for a Samhain weekend this weekend, so hopefully we'll get a chance to do some meditating so I can get some practice in.

AzaleaMoon

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 01, 2015 12:53 am

AzaleaMoon wrote:Thanks, Corannhena!
I have had random things pop into my head before, but I just assumed it was my own mind coming up with them. Maybe they (some of them, at least) were some kind of attempt at contact that I ignored because I assumed it wasn't anything "
supernatural"
for lack of a better word.
You've given me something to think about. Thanks Smile

Random thoughts popping into my head are my godphone. So how do I know the difference between a random thought and the godphone? Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I have to fly by the seat of my pants and see what happens. Sometimes time has to pass and something has to come to fruition before I know for sure whether it was the godphone or just me. Sometimes my ego can get in the way and that's when I really have a difficult time knowing the difference. It requires a lot of vigilance and self examination because if I act on something as if it's the godphone but it's really just my ego, then I will almost invariably do or say something that makes me sound or look [or both!] like a braying jackass. I'd love to say it doesn't happen that often but that would be a lie.

Yeah I know you didn't ask for that much information so it's really just me blathering, mostly. Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helloki on Sat May 02, 2015 11:01 am

yeah same here, its the 'random' and the 'coincidence' that is my lol godphone...
kind of a guardian angel, guardian trickster =)

anyway welcome

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top