Vanir

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vanir

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:06 am

Has anyone read Nono's blog or publications regarding Vanir?
Have you worked with Vanaheim spirits (outside of the big names like Freyja, etc.)?
I put this in the "
Gods"
section due to Nono considering the Vanir to be a pantheon just like the Aesir and Jotuns.

I think I'm leaning towards a Lokean/Vanatru practice.
I contacted Nono for more readings about the cat connection to my life - cat spirits or cat-jotnar or Freyja. (Been around cats all my life, love them intensely, it was the whole reason I got involved with Kemeticism in the first place. After finding out about my Scandinavian ancestry, I was keen to know if there was some mystical connection here.)
I received an invitation to work more with Freyja, and was told that the Cat tribe of Vanaheim is interested in working with me, and Freyja thinks it will benefit my relationship with Loki as well. Interesting stuff!
Prior to this I had considered altering my Kemetic altar to be cat-spirit oriented, so it looks like I will be making a Vanic cat altar of some sort. I can't decide because I still want to pay homage to the solar feline cult of Kemet. I just don't have enough room to keep separating all this out, and the shelf for Loki and His family is quickly filling up so I'm going to have to put gifts for Freyja elsewhere anyway.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vanir

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:03 pm

I gotta wonder about the cat tribe thing. I have always had cats brought into my life in strange and startling ways. A feral kitten just walked into our house one day. She was feral but ended up sticking around and letting us pet her. It's not unusual for random cats to just walk into my house, stay a few weeks and then vanish. One cat did this just to comfort my ex, I think. So it was equally for him. I had an orange tabby kitten run up to me from demolished ruins. We named him Peanut Butter.

My cats Sage and Dusty were brought into my life more to look after me than for me to look after them. I made an oath concerning them when I got them. Some people at my son's work had looked for a home for them because they had taken them from people who were abusing them, but they had a baby and the baby was allergic. My son showed me a picture of them in the parking lot and the moment I saw them I knew I knew I loved them and that they were going to be mine. They did end up being mine, of course.

Sage is epileptic and Dusty would have probably died a year or two ago if not for the once or twice weekly enema's I give him. He's hardly capable of having bowel movements because he has an enlarged colon and his stool is always large and hard. I think he's diabetic and he pees way too much so he doesn't get enough moisture in his stool. I have to give him glycerin enemas so he can move his bowel.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:Sage is epileptic and Dusty would have probably died a year or two ago if not for the once or twice weekly enema's I give him. He's hardly capable of having bowel movements because he has an enlarged colon and his stool is always large and hard. I think he's diabetic and he pees way too much so he doesn't get enough moisture in his stool. I have to give him glycerin enemas so he can move his bowel.
Does he have megacolon? I used to work in a veterinary clinic for years before my kid was born. We had a client-- a black bob-tailed cat named Bob. He was so sweet and always came in wearing one of those collars that looks like a necktie. He had megacolon and was a frequent flier on the enema express. His mom fed him canned pumpkin every so often to help keep the chute greased.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of cat connection with us kitty-people. I've loved cats and been around them since I was born. (I even have a Crazy Cat Lady t-shirt!) Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:Sage is epileptic and Dusty would have probably died a year or two ago if not for the once or twice weekly enema's I give him. He's hardly capable of having bowel movements because he has an enlarged colon and his stool is always large and hard. I think he's diabetic and he pees way too much so he doesn't get enough moisture in his stool. I have to give him glycerin enemas so he can move his bowel.
Does he have megacolon? I used to work in a veterinary clinic for years before my kid was born. We had a client-- a black bob-tailed cat named Bob. He was so sweet and always came in wearing one of those collars that looks like a necktie. He had megacolon and was a frequent flier on the enema express. His mom fed him canned pumpkin every so often to help keep the chute greased.

I'm wondering if there's some kind of cat connection with us kitty-people. I've loved cats and been around them since I was born. (I even have a Crazy Cat Lady t-shirt!) Smile

I'm pretty positive he has megacolon. I can't afford to take him to the vet for their enemas. It requires and overnight stay, anesthesia and about 500 dollars. I only get 700 a month on my disability. I use those fleet enemas. except i buy bulk glycerin and re-use the fleet plastic applicators after thorough cleaning. I also use chloraseptic throat spray on a Qtip to numb his poor bottom before I put the enema in and to help make his passing it less painful. I figured chloraseptic was probably safe because it's intended to be safe on mucus membrane/throat. Then he walks around and squats all over the house until he can poop. And I just clean it up wherever he goes. It's how I've learned to live. As long as he's reasonably healthy other wise there's no reason to put him to sleep. The enema process takes a lot out of both of us but it's worth it to extend his life.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:15 pm

I *think* you can chat with Nono about general Vanic things without buying a reading, but I haven't tried outside of our business transactions.

It would be super-awesome-cool if I could become a voice for the Cat tribe and help out;
I'm sure Nono would appreciate other Vanatru shouldering the burden. As it stands right now I have only just set up my new cat altar, lit some candles and introduced myself to them today. I have also been reading Nono's book "
Visions of Vanaheim."
By the way if you get a reading done about which tribe you are connected to, he will send you excerpts from the book if you don't have it already.
I would love to be a messenger (not in a creepy or sham way), and if I'm understanding everything correctly so far I think Loki and perhaps Freyja and the Vanic people would like for me to encourage healing and joy in myself and others.
I am still considering doing the "
love messages"
blog.

I guess those who are interested can search Nono's blog for Vanic topics (I don't know anybody else to look up), and just try to reach out to Vanaheim with a greeting like you would for Loki or Anyone else. Or if you work with Frey/Freyja, let Them know your interest?

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum