Little Miss Muffet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Little Miss Muffet

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:05 pm

I was sitting in my rocking chair on the porch and noticed a little red spider beside me. His front legs were kinda splayed wider than the other legs, making it look like he wanted to hug someone. I said, "
Uhh... hello?"
and he dropped down to the deck and sat by my foot for a moment.
Friend of yours, Loki? Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Miss Muffet

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:34 pm

Heh, that's cute. ^_^

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Spider's are on of those insects I have a difficult time tolerating because they're scary as shit. If they're not poisonous I'll try to catch them and put them out the front door, if they're poisonous they GOT to go! I mean, like Brown Recluse poisonous. I had one that hid in my kitchen under the kitchen sink and had a web just outside the cupboard for catching things I reckon. He would flee every time I came near. I left it alone for about a week or two then thought it was stupid to let the thing stay in an area I frequent so often every day. Increased my odds of getting bitten. Wasn't taking any chances getting bit trying to capture it so I had to spray it with poison and flush it. :?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:19 pm

This was a tiny one, about the size of an ant. But the big ones? *cringe* There was a huge one in my basement not long after I met Loki. The damn thing was big enough to make eye contact! I asked Loki if it was coincidence or His doings. He teased that it was one of his love-children and I was not to squash it. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:31 pm

love child?......lolololololol!!!!

I just bet it was a wolf spider!

[url=Wolf Spider][/url]

Which means Loki had sex with a niece via one of Fenny's kids, maybe. What's with pagan/heathen gods and incest anyhow? So, so clannish. Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:36 pm

IT WAS! HAHAHA!!
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:02 pm

I caught and kept a wolf spider once. I kept him/her in a goldfish bowl with a holed lid. I ilke them because they eat black widows, which I hate with a passion. I come from California and they're Legion there. Garage dwellers are often very aggressive and rather than run and hide, they'll come out of hiding and run at you aggressively. Mostly like posturing on their web, I mean they don't chase you they just come rushing out onto their web when you pass.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:02 am

That spider in my basement had some serious attitude! It watched me and was staring me down, I swear! Kinda creepy.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:54 am

Oh they WILL! I've had a spider stare me down from the ceiling. Then I'd shiver and think what if starts to come toward me? And then they do of course. I don't know how they interpret human thought into spider language but I swear to god they do. So can other insects. I guess it gives them a jolt to frighten something so huge it can squish them.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:52 am

Probably. But on the other hand, they seem to understand when you're trying to help them back outside. We get a lot of stinkbugs in the house, and I take them back outside. I just tell them nicely that I'm not going to hurt them, that I'm only helping them get back to their homes outdoors. I swear they understand!
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 am

My ex is really good with insects. He loves all animals and is kind to people as well. Too bad he's just such a major narcissistic jerk! He's like Fox Mulder, he's paranoid as hell and torments everyone with his theories till you'd just about chew your own arm off to get away from him if you had to.

One time he was trying to get a bug off the wall with his finger so he could take it outside. I think it was a small cockroach, actually. He sort of chased it around with his fingertip trying to get it to climb on board. Then he said, "
Oh! No wonder!"
Then he stopped chasing the bug around but kept his finger held out, and then said, "
In Jesus Christ's name!"
And I'll be damned if that little roach didn't fly onto his finger! He also did something similar about ten years before that where he just randomly put his finger out to a roach and it flew to his finger.

The Roach Whisperer. Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:08 am

Spiders love me. :?

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helloki on Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:24 pm

fun story!

edit: NO way 5 min after this post a spider is climbing down the wall next to my computer

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10 am

I was terrified by spiders for a couple of decades. When I saw one, I would freeze and stop breathing for a few seconds.

Then I was at a live action roleplaying game, and one night a mansized spider (a guy in a costume) entered the camp. The spider costume was attached to a large backpack frame, and the guy playing the spider ran around doubled over. It was just dark enough to see the spider costume, but not the guy underneath who was dressed in black with a black hood. He managed to run like a spider, suddenly changing directions. When my brain registered that it was a mansized spider, I froze and couldn't breathe for a few seconds, then I ran like hell into the forest around the clearing where we had out tents, and jumped into a bush to hide. I was so scared I cried.
After that, though, I wasn't as afraid of spiders as I had been. A few years later, I went to an exhibition and the zoological museum, where you could hold a tarantula. I did it, and I wasn't frightened. I think small spiders are worse than tarantulas, though, but at least I don't panic when I see one anymore.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

Helloki wrote:fun story!

edit: NO way 5 min after this post a spider is climbing down the wall next to my computer

roflmao! I'd feel sorry for you if I weren't so busy laughing right now. Better you than me! :;
):
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top