Godspousery: Differences Between Marriage

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Godspousery: Differences Between Marriage

Post by Amber on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:20 pm

I was told to bring this up in this forum, so I just copy and pasted this.

I wonder, in curiosity, truly, am I being honest with myself by not being open about Loki and I's relationship, our marriage?

I am watching the show, Sister Wives and something one of them pointed out was, one of them did not feel honest with theirself for not being open and coming out with their marriage as sister wives. I thought this over for a long time, I didn't quite feel "
honest"
about any of this, not to myself.
So, this made me wonder to myself, personally, am I truly being honest with myself by not being honest with Loki and I's, our marriage and relationship, for not being as open as others are about their marriage to Loki?

I've been wondering about this big difference.

I think this may be one I need to curious decide on, hm...? Any thoughts on this?

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Godspousery: Differences Between Marriage

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:55 pm

I am of the opinion that your spiritual relationship is between you and your god(s).
They may request some privacy about it, or you yourself may feel like being private about it. It's totally up to you.
You can feel safe here, I would think, but if you want to give it some time before discussing personal matters that is your choice.
We celebrate each others' happiness and milestones, and we share in experiences to see how they compare.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm only open about my marriages to Loki and Fenrir here and on WP. My family, friends, etc know that I'm Norse pagan and that I have a relationship with Them, but nothing past that. I just don't think they'd get it. My mom has been the most accepting of it, but I don't know how she would take it if I tried to explain godspousery. Maybe one day.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Amber wrote:I was told to bring this up in this forum, so I just copy and pasted this.

I wonder, in curiosity, truly, am I being honest with myself by not being open about Loki and I's relationship, our marriage?

I am watching the show, Sister Wives and something one of them pointed out was, one of them did not feel honest with theirself for not being open and coming out with their marriage as sister wives. I thought this over for a long time, I didn't quite feel "
honest"
So, this made me wonder to myself, personally, am I truly being honest with myself by not being honest with Loki and I's, our marriage and relationship, for not being as open as others are about their marriage to Loki?

I think this may be one I need to curious decide on, hm...? Any thoughts on this?

Amber, I think you are Earth Star Love on Wordpress, and you yourself couldn't be more open about Loki, Hades, Odin, and you. That blog is hot. Embarassed
I hope I'm not wrong.

I think the key words here are I was told to bring this up in this forum, so I just copy and pasted this.

Maybe the person who has the question can join to ask, we don't bite,( much) Laughing
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:I'm only open about my marriages to Loki and Fenrir here and on WP. My family, friends, etc know that I'm Norse pagan and that I have a relationship with Them, but nothing past that. I just don't think they'd get it. My mom has been the most accepting of it, but I don't know how she would take it if I tried to explain godspousery. Maybe one day.
Oh, I so wish I could be as open with my mother about this. <
3 Smile

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:02 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:
Amber wrote:I was told to bring this up in this forum, so I just copy and pasted this.

honest"

Amber, I think you are Earth Star Love on Wordpress, and you yourself couldn't be more open about Loki, Hades, Odin, and you. That blog is hot. Embarassed
I hope I'm not wrong.

I think the key words here are I was told to bring this up in this forum, so I just copy and pasted this.

Maybe the person who has the question can join to ask, we don't bite,( much) Laughing
Yes, I am Earth Star Love on WordPress. I do remember you asking me to bring this subject up on here. :;
): Haha. I didn't quite know I had to be quiet about this kind of stuff on WordPress or any where else? (Haha, If you're impressed by my blog, then you have not read my LiveJournal;
all I ever spoke of was of Hades on there for years before 2014.)

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:10 am

Amber wrote: Yes, I am Earth Star Love on WordPress. I do remember you asking me to bring this subject up on here. :;
):
Haha. I didn't quite know I had to be quiet about this kind of stuff on WordPress or any where else? (Haha, If you're impressed by my blog, then you have not read my LiveJournal;
all I ever spoke of was of Hades on there for years before 2014.)

I had no idea you are this funny! (You cannot pin this one on me, my broken English is broken different way)

This is only conversation I had with you (except the time I congratulated to your pregnancy because I thought it was real)
Post by Moon Rouge ยป Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 am
Hi Amber nice to see you here!
Nothing what we go through is easy to talk about, but we all trying. Make yourself home! Smile

If you need to know, then I am very open. Loki's altar is in our dining room and all family look at it when we eat. I lit the candles and do my offerings regardless who is around.

Also, I never said to be quiet about anything and anywhere, Wordpress or else, not at all! I just love to use the blush smiley! Embarassed
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:56 am

Unfortunately, I still live with my family, so my altar is located in my bedroom, though having the altar in the dining room sounds admiring and much wanted. I think the only person I need to "
worry about"
is my mom...she loves candles, especially the scented and pretty looking ones, so she doesn't take any more...not since I told her the meanings behind the Fertility candle (she went, "
Ew,"
before lighting a random Yankee Candle I gave her, which did not mean any of that, hahaha! That's what she gets for taking candles out of my bedroom whilst I work when she does not! Hahaha!).
One day, I need to figure out a new destination for my altar, soon, I hope?
After what Loki told me, wisdom of the altar and how I don't have places for the altar items, having Loki's things all around my bedroom. I need a new sacred storage for all of this and a place for the altar. Sigh. I was telling my friend, the only place where Loki's stuff is not on is the bed, thank goodness, I thought. Loki then pointed out the wisdom...how if the altar is all around my bed and the altar is right in front of my bed, technically, only maybe in "
Loki Terms,"
my bed has become part of the altar, but then Loki told me, he is "
not going to get this technical with me in explaining what this can mean and what all this can bring..."
I turned toward him and told Loki, "
Excuse me, sir! First off, I invited you into my bed!"
(Plus, when the altar was else where in the room, with Hades, I tripped over the altar, and then the altar was in the corner of the room, which just made me feel saddened by that location;
it was like, "
the corner of shame,"
so I figured out to place the altar in front of the bed, out of harm's way.) I just need a box for the altar now...

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:10 am

I am open about my worship of Loki to my mum and a few friends.
I have my altar in the living room, so whoever comes to visit can see it.
I'm not open about being a godspouse to my family or my RL friends.
I'm open on my blog, which I write using a pseudonym, and on my pseudonym Facebook.

My altar is a bedsit table with a drawer in it, for stuff I use on the altar. My new altar is rather small, so I change what I put on it.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:47 am

Yeah, I'm not up for telling my family about being Odin's. I made casual mention of my altar being for Odin, Loki, the House Wight and Jesus when my son was looking at my stuff but I d didn't say "
I'm a Heathen"
or "
This is my religion."
I recently told my ex that I'm studying and examining Heathenism and told him a little about my altar but that was all. He knew I was a godspouse before I knew because he sensed Odin around my house [although he didn't know it was Odin, just a spirit-or in his opinion-a demon.] He would ridicule me, saying I'm 'married to it'.

I had no idea how right he would turn out being. Plus, he told me that while we were still married, he was attacked by the jealous god/demon in his sleep several times and that that's why he started sleeping on the couch. Even after we split up and divorced he was still getting attacked. He didn't get attacks after we separated until he moved and I gave him some stuff, including some extra bedding. When he used my bedding he was attacked. He threw the bedding away or washed it or something and had no more problems. Something / someone territorial was attacking him although Odin denies it. He also denies knowing who did it but when I asked him both times he answered way too fast. Like "
Are you the one who attacked my ex-husb-"
"
No."
"
Well, do you know w-"
"
No."

*shrugs* :?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:38 am

This sounds like my ex-fiance, only Hades confessed. My ex-fiance and I were happy together or so I thought, anyway, out of the blue, I had to decide on something;
being with Hades and my then-fiance. My ex-fiance knew of something, by far did. Hades, of course, knew of my (ex-)fiance. In fact, I got Hades to accept and agree to my own terms with Hades and my (ex-)fiance (my friend calls this, "
trickery"
on my behalf, for he tells me, while laughing in disbelief, "
You just tricked the God of the Underworld into only seeing him by night fall, as well as tricked Hades into protecting your fiance as Hades protects you!"
I didn't see any of it as a trick);
it worked. One night, my ex-fiance was driving home, almost to get hit by a drunk driver, which the drunk driver's car was flipped clean off the road, like an invisible hand swiped the car off the road, and landed into a cemetery. My ex-fiance kept telling me, he must have a guardian or a guardian angel watching over him, I knew different...
Then came a rather interesting night...my (ex-)fiance and I just started to make love, when a giant spot on the wall appeared right behind my (ex-)fiance. My (ex-)fiance was curious toward what I was looking at. The dark spot suddenly formed a face, which terrified my ex-fiance, who ran away, butt-naked, locking himself in the bathroom. It was Hades, and I ran after my ex-fiance. He wouldn't open the door, so I went to the bedroom;
when he finally came out, I explained to him about the God named Hades (I left out what I was doing seeing Hades every night).
My ex-fiance was seeing another while with me, so he grew suspicious of me because of this fact. Out of no where, my hormones plummeted all at once, which was weird? So, my ex-fiance did the whole "
suspicious thing."
Telling me that I was seeing another man, etc., etc. Who? The Invisible Man? Wow. The next thing following, Hades went to my (ex-)fiance terrified him into leaving me.
Now, there was a big loophole in the oath Hades gave me to protect my fiance, if only we are together. I laughed to this, thinking, I'm engaged to this guy, so Hades will be protecting him until he dies. Hades up-right told me, that he does not like my fiance no longer;
I felt hurt by Hades' open honesty, for I did love my ex-fiance. After my ex-fiance left me, Hades did the total opposite of protection. At that time, I was grieving the loss of so many things, I was extremely sad, and my ex-fiance got into two bad car accidents, both bad in physical condition ways. The last one, Hades got to my ex-fiance so badly, the second car accident, instead of getting his car totaled, his nose was broken, his only weakness, his bad knee, was badly damaged, where he could not walk or work for two months;
my ex-fiance called me from the hospital, crying, telling me that I was right all along, that the moment he left me, the God left, same with the protection, he was apologizing not only to me, but to Hades as well, asking me to please forgive him and to ask Hades to stop. He was frightened, in pain, and having "
horrid nightmares of a powerful being coming for him."
Hades confessed, telling me, everything Hades did to "
this mortal"
was not wrong. I was saddened by that.

I was furious at Hades over that, it took me a long time to get over it. Jealousy, wow. I don't think I can ever get used to that?

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:04 am

Amber, you made me remember the real story, life of my aunt who was someone whom I loved, for she was amazing and extreme. I don't know when my grandfather died, but when my father and his sister lost their mother he was 18 and she was 15. He dropped out of school to take care of her. When he was about 20 he traveled to England, stayed 2 months there, found a job and settled a place for both of them to live there. In the meantime my aunt worked in a flower shop, and fell in love with married man, 18 years her senior, named Dr. Johann Faust. BTW I'm from Prague.
So, when my father asked her to pack her stuff the result was they were staying, and so was Dr. Faust in her life. Many years after when she was in her 40s someone fall in love in her, while she was still with her heart flame. To make the story short, there was the deal made: She married the guy, who was 6 year younger than her, for a change, under the condition Dr. Faust stay to live with them until the rest of his days. And so he did. My aunt was extremely beautiful when she was young and with irresistible charm when she was old, she was crippled by then. She had half body dead walking with 2 canes, survived both men. She was born on exact day as I was, 50 years earlier. (You can guess how young my father was)

I promised not to tell details of what happened here, but after I married Loki there is no more physical contact between my mortal spouse and me. Amazingly, we get along , so far.... I think....

I didn't tell any friends of family I'm married to Loki. I would if they asked, but somehow I think they never will, and I'm not gonna volunteer that tiny detail. Embarassed
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:22 am

Yeah, count me in the "
I Told My Mom About Loki But Not That We're Married"
club, as well.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:11 pm

I think there may be only one close friend and sister of mine that knows of the details, but I think that's because my sister is very good at depicting if you got laid or not;
she cornered me, in a sense, asking me, "
So...How was your night? :;
): "
I shrugged and lied, "
It wasn't too bad."
My sister: "
So who is he and will I get to meet him? :;
I told her, I didn't see anyone... She told me, she knows that I'm lying, not because I was blushing, but because I literally smelled of someone else, I suddenly smelled floral with the scent of smokewood, pure-male mixture and my aurora signs read what I did.
Oh wow! I'm amazed by her, my sister knows me too well! She knows that I become the opposite of happy, I become chipper, lighter on my feet, the total opposite of mature, and I laugh more frequently. That's when she heard of the God (Hades) and she knew, she may never get to meet the guy I slept with, so to help her understand more, she asked me another day, how this God appears to me and all of this, she was highly curious, and she couldn't explain how I got laid the night before or how I knew suddenly of bondage, etc. Her comment, "
I believe you, for I cannot explain that man we saw in the mirror years ago."

When she caught the name Loki, she smiled to herself knowing when I said God and Loki placed together that I meant something else than the Marvel Loki, and she messaged me saying, playfully, "
I know what you did, you don't have to explain, but I know this happened, you mentioned Loki, it was him this time wasn't it? Oh, you can't hide this from me, tee hee! :;
To be honest, I don't know how she knows? :?

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:18 am

Sometimes I get pissed at the gods. I mean, they have many spouses but then they more often than not run off our mortal spouses/fiances/dates, whatever. Or else relations will grow tense, sex becomes non-existent.

With Loki at least there's the benefit of sister-wives because Loki brides seem to lack the intense jealousy Odin wives have. Or at the very least have found an effective workaround. I can't read anything on the net that mentions intimacy between another Odinspouse and Odin. I almost literally bristle. If I had a mortal mate it would make it easier but Odin doesn't seem to be very cool about his wives having male mortal mates. I know one Odinwife who has a female mortal mate but the other one I don't know whether she found another mate or not. I didn't bookmark her blog at the time and haven't run across it since.

Since things haven't worked out down here in Kansas I'll be moving back up to Pennsylvania. I'm going to have to live with my ex for awhile and I'm very nervous about that. I know he won't let me put my altar up anywhere in his house because he's Christian and opposed to paganism of any sort. When he called me out about having a lover from the invisible worlds he told me he thought it was Asmodeus. But I think he only got that idea because he'd read the Apocrypha and there's a story about Asmodie in it. I had no idea and I thought it might have been Asmodie as well but it didn't 'feel true' to me. Even when I sent my ex an ugly, threatening text and signed it A. I think I was just reacting and a the time the whole thing had an unreal feel about it. At any rate, I think my ex just named Asmodie because he's Judeo-Christian oriented so naturally he chose a Judeo-Christian demon known for clinging to women and killing any men who tried to marry them.

If I was to tell him about all the recent godspouse activity he'd probably just say the end times are close and the Nephilim are snapping up and marrying women in a hurry for whatever reason, lying to them about their identities and whatnot. He'll probably find out eventually because he's bound to sense Odin if we're sharing a living space. And it's going to be my ex's house, HIS home so I'm thinking Odin isn't going to like it much. I just hope I can retain my sanity keeping them out of each others' faces. I'll just have to remind Odin firmly that we need to be gracious because my ex is sharing his home. My ex would give anyone the shirt off his back and he'd never forsake me and let me be homeless or go hungry.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:30 am

There should honestly be a blog just for the subject you brought up, Poppy.

My favorite response has got to be from Hades, "
I do not mind if you have a mortal love, but. . ."
and the tempo changes. I was not sure what to think? So I turned to one of my friends, who hears almost everything underneath the sun;
I explained everything before and after the conversation, and my friend went, "
In human-mortal terms of emotions, that is called, 100% jealousy or territorial to the point you, yourself have to get passed the alpha to get passed the rest of the pack of hundreds of wolves."
That there was the best sum of things I've ever heard. My friend hangs on and off with another God of the Underworld, and from my friend's point-of-view, my friend noticed, "
Gods whom rule over things don't get along too well with mortals touching their property. Amber, with all seriousness, I guess you're property now, like in the old days."

When my friend found out it is not only Hades, my friend's sudden response turned into a, "
Yep! You're screwed! If you got passed Hades, who doesn't mind entirely about a mortal as a love, you have to get passed other Gods and Goddesses. Yep. You're screwed!"
(I like how my friend sums up stuff for me, such as his response to, "
Well, it is Spring, Amber, I don't think Hades cares to leave since Winter? I don't know? But, if you are an Enchanted-Walking-Persephone, I'm pretty certain you can get back to him? Or just Call on him. Call Hades."
There's now an interesting name for being one of Hades' loves, haha!)

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:41 am

Poppy.Meister wrote:
With Loki at least there's the benefit of sister-wives because Loki brides seem to lack the intense jealousy Odin wives have. Or at the very least have found an effective workaround. I can't read anything on the net that mentions intimacy between another Odinspouse and Odin..

Poppy dear, Very Happy I think there is much less Odin's wives than Loki's. They are openly jealous and guard the experience because they thing they can kick the rest of the Odinspouses unconscious or something.
Lokispouses : There is about 3000 of us, if not more ..... one has to come to terms with that! LOL ( I would never have this attitude with a human!)
Lokeans are also more outspoken crew.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:59 am

Moon Rouge wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:
With Loki at least there's the benefit of sister-wives because Loki brides seem to lack the intense jealousy Odin wives have. Or at the very least have found an effective workaround. I can't read anything on the net that mentions intimacy between another Odinspouse and Odin..

Poppy dear, Very Happy I think there is much less Odin's wives than Loki's. They are openly jealous and guard the experience because they thing they can kick the rest of the Odinspouses unconscious or something.
Lokispouses : There is about 3000 of us, if not more ..... one has to come to terms with that! LOL ( I would never have this attitude with a human!)
Lokeans are also more outspoken crew.

I think the Hades Spouses, it's a total mystery. When we are introduced to one another, we have to make sure, "
Are you alive? 'Cause...you're the first individual I met that is not already dead? Wait, we're still outside Hades' Underworld, right?"
It's a lot of staring games, instead of The Hunger Games, it's The Staring Games.

I think Loki Spouses are more of the whole, "
Oh! You slept with him, too? Me three! ^.^!"
Whilst the Odin Spouses are more like surprised when they hear of another openly discuss a sexual encounter with Odin. I learned, not all, Odin Spouses are way much more to themselves (due to request by Odin), which reminds me of the Hades Spouses (then again, I ran into another wife of Hades and I had no idea a number existed-I knew Hades slept with others, but it never quite hit me until I ran into another). Then when I run into another Loki Spouse, inside my head, I respond with, "
Who are you and how do you know me?"

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Hades! Some years ago there was a series of animated fairy tales from Europe, I forgot the name, it was international project, there was number of them, all good ones from all over the world. And there was Hades and Persephone. They drew Hades as a hunk, by me really good looking! My attitude was If I'm Persephone I just say down there, what she complains about!

I cannot say for other gods, what I know, for Loki sex and marriage are not tied together, they are two independent experiences.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:Hades! Some years ago there was a series of animated fairy tales from Europe, I forgot the name, it was international project, there was number of them, all good ones from all over the world. And there was Hades and Persephone. They drew Hades as a hunk, by me really good looking! My attitude was If I'm Persephone I just say down there, what she complains about!

I cannot say for other gods, what I know, for Loki sex and marriage are not tied together, they are two independent experiences.

Can we talk about the first time I saw Hades, on our plane, on this Earth? For me, he has a huge grand entrance;
scared me, for I had no idea what was happening and I was all alone, so that didn't help. Then Hades was speaking with me, but I was beyond terrified to the point of petrified, and I knew Hades was not the dead, and he was solid. I don't know if it was the suddeness of his appearance, the grand entrance, or maybe it was his energy which read nothing but power. Let's just say, I buried myself inside the beach condo's couch to hide myself, wow! Not just that, when Hades approached me, the light bulb next to me, flickered then became very bright then shattered, where I screamed in surprise.

I don't quite know, Loki is doing pretty good tying in making love during marriage, for me, there's a big difference between just sex and making love. (Trust me, I've slept with...a couple and none of them show love afterward like Loki shows me.)

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:38 pm

Amber wrote:
I don't quite know, Loki is doing pretty good tying in making love during marriage, for me, there's a big difference between just sex and making love. (Trust me, I've slept with...a couple and none of them show love afterward like Loki shows me.)
I know that. I just meant He doesn't need to be married for this. It happened with me before He asked! Smile I should have use word making love and not sex then.Smile

Lets' not compare the notes. I'm bit Odinist in this. It means to me more if I don't share the details. It is not I couldn't talk the talk, but shame on me, I do get jealous very easy. Embarassed
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:04 pm

It's okay. <
I find we can all get jealous in a way or another, unless we share funnies, where we wake and wonder, "
What happened last night...?"
Those are the greatest to share. Laughing :;
):

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:53 am

Whoops, I guess I misread your original post. It seems like you've gotten good answers already. I guess it varies person to person how you open up about such things. I myself don't feel comfortable with it due to my family. I like stealth worship. Keeps people guessing.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:40 pm

Most of my family and friends now know I'm Lokean (though few understand - a lot of Marvel confusion) but if I became a godspouse, I think I'd keep that to myself.
I have been asking Loki about my relationship with him recently. Last night I used the cards and asked if he wanted me to take that next step. The reading I got back was positive but with the suggestion that the right time will present itself, so for now I'll wait and see.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amber on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:12 pm

Hm...I wonder what is the next step forward?

I know I have a lot of thinking to do.

Amber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top