More Blink

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More Blink

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:37 pm

When I bought stuff for initial bracelet, beads it came in packages and I got more than needed to make only one.
I have left overs and reason to make more. Now I running out of clasps. Laughing
I have to show what I made so far.
This time I tried to make versatile pieces, bracelet and two necklaces. The parts can be separated and reconnected in different order or make something else. The necklaces can be also double bracelets or connected to make longer and very long necklace and so on. I hope Loki will have fun with it. I like to wear stuff more simple and something what can take beating.

For Loki:

For me
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More Blink

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Wow. I love it all.
I like color and beads and gems and stuff, but damn the simplicity of the gold piece is just stunning also.

I used to wear a lot of jewelry but I have a habit of playing with it and broke many necklaces that way (particularly the ones that are just on string instead of chain). Then since acquiring many pets I fear they will break them too. In fact I had to move my jewelry box up into the closet because one of the cats figured out how to open it and would paw at the necklaces, tangling them all together, lol.
Now I have a simple Cheshire Cat necklace I wear for Loki, but I tend to forget it because I got of the habit.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Thank you so much, Lokakisa!
Over the time I got to like jewelry I don't break that quick. I don't wear much any more, only rings, rings are my passion. Now I added those 2 pieces above.
Whatever I wear I have to be comfortable in it, and able do whatever. I broke a lot of stuff too. Some I learned to repair or to make something else out of it, some is lost forever.
The golden fox charm is quite heavy to dangle on bracelet, but it looks fabulous as an pendant. I have it from Etsy BohemianFindidng, set of 4 pieces was for $ 2.50.
The leather string is soft and pleasant to wear. It may not look strong, but if someone grabbed it just right I could be choked to death on it.
I like how the golden chain came out too, thanks, but it is for me a lot less comfortable to wear. I hope Loki likes it.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm sure He'll love it. ^_^
And I didn't realize how substantial the fox pendant is;
that's pretty cool. From pictures it's hard to tell if it was like a thin charm or not.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Dang, those are gorgeous!! Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:28 pm

Lokakisa wrote: From pictures it's hard to tell if it was like a thin charm or not.
Yes, you are so right! I was surprised myself when I opened the packet. The charm is solid, filled, not a shell.

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Dang, those are gorgeous!! Smile

Thank you so much, you are more than kind! (blushing here again! Embarassed )
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:30 am

I gotta say, you'd give both Beth and Nono a serious run for their money. Such talent! I love them!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:51 am

*grabby hands* aaaah those are SO COOL

I'm eventually going to start making jewelry (probably just bracelets to start with) with the spool of stretch beading cord I had to buy to fix my bracelet, but it will probably be a while before I actually start doing so. When I get good enough I'm going to see about selling some, as well.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:55 am

Poppy.Meister wrote:I gotta say, you'd give both Beth and Nono a serious run for their money. Such talent! I love them!

Thank you so much, Christine, my hidden ego may wish this would be true, but my reality check system knows better.
Both Nono and Beth make some nice stuff for a while. I made a only few pieces.
Actually I would buy from them. That said, I cannot afford Nono. I love how Beth strings her beads a lot! I was thinking to buy from her numerous times.
I did my own because I could put together the stones of my choice. I could not find one unit with at least 3 types of stones I wanted to have.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:05 am

Yeah I hear ya. I don't like Nono's stuff as much as Beth's. Good thing cuz Beth's pieces are far more affordable.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:24 am

Corannhena wrote:*grabby hands* aaaah those are SO COOL

I'm eventually going to start making jewelry (probably just bracelets to start with) with the spool of stretch beading cord I had to buy to fix my bracelet, but it will probably be a while before I actually start doing so. When I get good enough I'm going to see about selling some, as well.

Thank you so very much, Corannhena!
Once you start make something there is always a material left over, tempting to use it and make some more. I wish you luck if you are able to do it, it is the way to go!
I never used the stretch beading cord. I have all on Accu-Flex beading wire, 49 is professional strength. It is easy to use and it goes through the tiny holes. (Even so, half strand of amber chips I had, I was not able to thread anyway. Some holes were too small even for a wire. Maybe I will do gem mosaic one day! (Just kidding here)

After what everyone said here I was toying with the idea of selling too, in a day-walking dream. It gave me a few pleasant moments on cloud 9, but in reality I'm so incapable to act on it.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:55 pm

I'm almost embarrassed about my collection of jewelry-making supplies;
I have done so little with it.
For many years I have dreamt of having a craft business.
It is hard to make things and then let go of it because you like it so much. Or when I make gifts, people don't show the type of enthusiasm and encouragement I hoped for.
Then too, cats and crafting just don't go together. I have tons of craft stuff, art stuff, jewelry stuff, aromatherapy/candle stuff, cross-stitch stuff, yadda yadda. It sits packed away and unused until the crafting bug bites me, and then I just throw shit together for myself or color in coloring books instead of doing my own art.
And why oh why am I buying candles and soaps from Fiberwytch when I can make my own? LOL Actually I started out by looking around for how to incorporate sparklies and resins and stones and what not into candles. When I could only find products but no detailed instructions anywhere, I decided to buy a few things to sample, and kind of de-construct the making of it. (this was actually how I found Fiberwytch, that and by doing a search for Loki things on Etsy)
So you guys, I definitely encourage you to play around with ideas and materials for practice.
I really like how Beth and Nono speak kindly of each other and offer cross-promotions instead of competing. Each person's stuff is going to be a little different, somehow, someway. I'm trying not to worry so much if my ideas seem like rip-offs. In the end it wont seem that way.
If there is something you are looking for, post about it. Maybe we can barter items or just clean out some junk. Or share resources and instructions.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:46 pm

When you start do something it is always stuff and more stuff piling up. It is soooo much easier to buy it done. To make it is not any cheaper, unless one needs tons of same stuff for oneself. I hang the bling on Loki's dolls, now they getting the look of a LA Pimp.

Nono and Beth stuff:
I so hope they don't read this in case I am wrong.
Nono use more glass around and then throws in the real McCoy, like golden leaf, silver chain etc, therefore the price may be justified. I personally prefer the glass chips only as spacers, to bring the light between the two solid stones, or something like that. Beth does this very well, the rhythm how she strings her beads is perfect. They both, Fiberwytch and Nono as well, have very pretty pieces.
Her comes the punch line: Fiberwytch has her work better photographed, she knows the trade, what makes one more look and buy, the detail pics are essential for sale!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:40 pm

LOLOL I thought about this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/348536458633923209/ Pimp Kramer ftw

Tbh, I had not paid a whole lot of attention to comparing their jewelry pieces, but I am quite jealous of Beth's clear photographs, lol. I really need a nice camera if I ever want to sell stuff. Her store is a good example of how a store should be set up. Very clear descriptions of things along with esoteric meanings and such.
Since their stuff overlaps, I haven't bought anything from Nono other than readings.
It's good to study other people's wares I think.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:53 pm

OMG! That is colorful! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:09 pm

He borrows a costume from a production of "
Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat,"
Elaine gives him a cane, and he finds the hat on the street and starts strutting along! It's great.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top