login problems?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: login problems?

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Lokakisa wrote:I couldn't figure out how to imbed a pic so, here it is on my Photobucket.
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/Baketse ... sort=3&
o=0
Hiddles on the login problem thread! Laughing

You are imbeding picture from url address the part between these two parentheses if you see them, otherwise you have to do what you did. the link.

I have problem with login. Every single time it kicks me off now. Or.. the links to topic go to login page instead.
I dunno, but I have log in too often for good taste. I do have checked the remember me box, just saying.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:56 pm

.: sigh :. don't give up on me yet guys. i'm working very hard to get this fixed. i don't know, maybe this is Loki's way of saying the forum's a no-go? or maybe I'm just not the right person to handle it. I don't know. Just give me a little longer to get it fixed. If forumatic doesn't come through, then I will try bumping up my hosting package. If that doesn't work, I give up and will delete the board. Crying or Very sad
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Really everything is fine. I hardly get errors now and that other day when my post disappeared was because I took too long to work on it and had been automatically logged out. I notice that happens sometimes when I leave the forum for a long period without refreshing it every so often.
I hoped the pic gave a little smile. ^_^
I think Loki approves of this forum, He indicated that to Coranhenna, and also one of my readings indicated that He likes His supportive communities. It's been a big help to all of us to support and share.
Take a breather, He would not want you to stress so. A calming bath is in order! Do something fun and give the tech stuff a break. I think we'll be fine.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 pm

*hugs* Don't stress Poppy. You'll get there, I'm sure!

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:14 am

He did indicate to me that he likes this forum when I asked him what he thought of it. I think it's just regular server glitches (for lack of a better word).

I am, however, now being logged out (even if I check the "
stay logged in"
box and don't do anything to my cache/cookies) either every time I exit the forum (e.g. close the tab it's on), or after a certain period of time, I'm not sure which.

edit: okay, I think it's whenever I exit the forum, as I just closed the tab and then re-opened the forum again immediately and I had been logged out.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:21 pm

*insert insane cackling here* Yes. So I've been dealing with my hosting provider today, both in chat and submitting support tickets. I received cut/paste answers in both, as in, the replies were identical. Then the chat rep tried to tell me I'm the ONLY one having a problem, that it's not a global issue [global? wtf does that mean anyhow?]. Yes. I'm the only one in their whole server business having this problem. This is why they need a copy/paste reply for it? Because I'm the only one? Yeah, right. Copy/paste replies = far more common a problem than they care to admit.

Part of the copy/paste reply was: "
or you could upgrade to VPS. [virtual private server] Guess what folks? VPS is 30 bucks a months! Yes. They want me to part with 30 dollars a month for one wordpress blog and two forums: one with 52 users [lokean forum], with 3-4 users on at any given time and the other with 9 members that maybe gets one or two posts per month. Okay. I need to pay 30 / per mo for that. that sounds nice and insane.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:22 pm

OK, it works now, thanks for the info to change the bookmark.

I made the bookmark for http:// lokeans.igotcherback.net and if I enter through this bookmark I am logged and all works fine.

From email notice I got logged out every the time and all the time.

I'm more than fine to go from bookmark, I am the bookmark guru.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:29 pm

Are you getting the red and white theme with the logo that isn't Jormy? If that is true, then there are two separate forums running on the same database. That would double the amount of entry processes.

try logging in at lokeans.igotcherback.net/phpbb and see what happens. Sorry.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:39 pm

No I have Jormy as it should be! Smile
It logged me out after I quit Firefox and went for walk, but no problem to log back and/or browse now, it keeps me in. Yay! I entered through bookmark.
I got the red and white scrambled thingy before on old login, today, and it is not really 'website' but more like a shot from cached deleted site or from Wayback Machine.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:30 pm

How is the forum functioning? I haven't had the error in a couple of days. It should be very infrequent now.

After getting ugly and demanding I finally got our host provider to actually look into the problem instead of giving copy/paste answers. He noted I didn't have gzip compression enabled. Gzip compresses the data before it sends it, making it up to 70% smaller and therefore it doesn't hang around so long as an entry process.

I also discovered that when I copied the forum and moved its contents using FileZilla I had actually copied the forum folder into the old forum folder so it was running two versions of the forum at once from the same database. I fixed that problem so it should have halved our resource usage. And still nary a word from forumatic. ass cracks. :-P
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:17 pm

You go, girl!
I don't think I've had a problem since I started using the new link. Even on Safari.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:09 am

On the previous board I mentioned that I didn't seem to be having a problem on this one with it logging me out every time I closed the tab (even when I checked the "
keep me logged in"
box)--apparently I spoke too soon, as this board is doing it now, too. :/
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:26 am

You mean that little box you tick next to login that tells you to stay logged in or to log you in automatically when you load the login page? Since I copied the database from the other forum to use here, it means we've inherited some of the structural kinks but not the server end problems that were giving us the resource limits reached error. For your login problem I think I just need to go into Admin control panel and extend the length of time an account stays logged in before getting logged out. I think I shortened it on the other board because I thought scripts telling the server that a person is logged in when they're not was sort of like someone putting personal objects on several seats in a row to 'save' them but no one actually comes to sit in them. So it's just using a resource as a place saver.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:48 am

Poppy, maybe you should tell people to post just in the old board until you're ready to move?
Now people are posting both places, and if you copy the forum from the old place to the new, some posts may be lost.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top