login problems?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

login problems?

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:20 am

I wasn't sure where to put this topic, but I am having a lot of login problems. I get kicked out repeatedly or get a "
resource exceeded limit"
page. Finally I was able to get in today by using Firefox instead of Safari.
I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues, and to put it out there that I'm having technical problems.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: login problems?

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:16 pm

Yeah, I get the same errors sometimes, too.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah, I'll get the "
Resource Limit is Reached"
error quite often when I'm on here. I usually just count to ten and reload the page and it goes back to normal. The only login problems I've had were on mobile using my 3ds (it would log me in then right back out again when it went back to the forum index), but it turned out I just needed to clear my history.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:46 pm

I've repeatedly cleared out cache/cookies, restarted browser, even restarted the computer one time just to get in ... this time it was just a change of browsers that helped. *shrugs*

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:30 pm

I get the same, but refreshing the page fixes it.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:38 am

I actually posted an announcement when this started being a pronlem. Bottom line? Cheap server. Tech support suggested I disable attachement uploads so I did and I'll have to delete all the photos that have benn uploaded so far. I guess anytime someone posts a reply on a thread where photos have been attached, it runs an excessive amount of scripts. This is what they SAY is causing the problem. So if you have pictures uploaded you need to save ( if you don't have copies elsewhere on your computers/tablets/the cloud and whatever)be sure to locate and save the to your devices. Usually right click/save fileor photo to: will be a menu option. Most of you might already know this though.

I apologize for the problems, I get it as well even if I'm the only person on the forum! Ridiculous if you ask me.

If the problem persists I'll find a better hosting service. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:12 am

I'm using Firefox, and I don't have login problems.
It's also rare to get the "
Resource Limit is Reached"
error.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:36 pm

I use Firefox but I get the Resource Limit is Reached at least once every time I visit the sight (often more). A refresh fixes it. Australia has appalling bad internet speed (Romania has better Internet than us!), though, so that could be a contributing factor, I guess.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:52 am

I have found that Safari just doesn't like the site but Firefox has been working okay so far.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi Poppy. I saw your update on the changes to the forum. However, just to give you a heads up, I still got that error message twice while reading new posts today.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Yep. I just got it again, as well. :/ (I'm assuming you mean the resource limit error?)
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:35 pm

I use Firefox, have also Safari, and Chrome. When the error happens it happens on any of them. It usually goes away very soon.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

No problems on Firefox so far. Safari still doesn't like it. lol

Edited to add: Unfortunately I'm starting to get more "
resource limit"
messages today as I go about my forum business.

Last edited by 97 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:19 pm

I've had issues on my mobile Chrome, but not really on my laptop version of it. *shrug* Could just be my silly phone, too.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:43 am

Well, I've updated to the latest version of the 3.0 series. I'm not ready to bump it up to 3.1 yet because it wont support our theme and banner. I'll wait until the theme developers update then I'll think about 3.1 series.

Also, by accident, all the attachments have been deleted. I believe I explained that already. If we're still getting errors, I'm just going to have to bust out my wallet. Which means bringing up the uncomfortable subject of paypal donations. I don't mind footing the bill. It's only been 5 bucks a month for their 'gold' plan. Yeah, right. I think they want people on the half price deal to pony up more cash so they're fucking with bandwidth and whatnot. You know...make it a pain in the ass to stay on a cheap plan?

Like I said, I don't paying, I've been using paypal credit lately. But considering my income is fixed and I only get 700 a month on my disability, after bills and whatnot I'm sort of straining my wallet and relying more on credit. I'm trying to bring my debt down, so.... *shifts uncomfortably* Thus far, my obligation to hosting24 is 5.49 per month. That's about 60 a year. I've been on a month to month plan and they've changed it to quarterly, bi-annually and annually. While the rates are reasonable, I can't afford to pony up a quarterly amount if I get a more expensive package.

Can anyone help me afford to swing this? eheh...

either way, something will work out.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Setting up Paypal donations sounds like a good idea.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:28 pm

I've just seen this
I know nothing about running forum or how to set it up
I'm member of Blythe Kingdom forum since it was found 2010, I think. It has now about 6000 members. I don't remember seen it crash, or run error. The original founder then open privet 'closed group' forum and I've never seen it crash either. The pic were posted always offsite, except avatars. They use forum motion which is to my knowledge free.
http://help.forumotion.com/forum
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:13 am

Paypal donations seems like a good idea.

I created two forums on forumotion. Those two never had any problems, and it's free.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:55 pm

It just hit me that I had pulled this up on Safari instead of Firefox today. I only had one instance of a "
resource limit"
message.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 am

I went and visited that forumotion site and while I couldn't pull up anything regarding how to migrate this forum to theirs, I did find this:

[url=Forum Deleted for violating TOS][/url]

This is one of the many reasons I don't deal with 'free' services like free forum hosting. They can judge the material you post and delete it without a word. This has actually happened to me before. A forum which I was a member of as an admin was happy and bustling. Then one day we tried to log on and it was deleted because the sexually explicit role plays were a violation of their TOS.

I don't like the idea of having any forum of mine treated with this "
shoot first, ask questions later"
approach. If a forum is disabled with warnings or else disabled with requests to remove specific content I can understand that. But fuck that 'Nanny State' approach!

Therefore I DO NOT trust free hosting. My forum is my business and I post what I want on it. If I have to pay, that's fine. If I can get donations, that's fine. If I have to pay for it all out of my own pocket, well I'll do that too until I can't afford to do it anymore. I can reasonable pay double what I am now per month. I'm on a half price package which is normally about 12 per month. If I have to pay 15 or 20 a month for a stable service I MIGHT. If not then we'll just have to tolerate the errors.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 am

I still don't mind donations, but the errors seems to be decreasing, for me at least.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:28 am

I found a relatively inexpensive solution to our forum problems. It's Forumatic, a company of people who helped develop phpBB [the forum software we use]. For 9 bucks a month our forum is hosted and they perform updates and keep it running smooth from the software update and backup front. It gives an allowance of 50,000 pageviews per month. We use about a quarter to a third of that. If it goes over the allowance they don't shut your forum down, they just put ads up. No biggie, right? TOS aren't anal. [they shouldn't be, they're not free after all. They DO have a free program but it's very limited and I could only migrate a thousand of our posts. We have upwards of 2500 or something like that. I'll probably be making the migration sometime in the next day or so, so if you see the forum deactivated, that's why.

Also, because it's phpBB 3.1x, it's not compatible with our current theme I'm sorry to say. But there is a subred or some color like that that's nice with our banner. I already tested it with a free version of the forum. Oh well, it's what's on the inside, amiright? lol. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:34 am

Sweet! Sounds good.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:59 pm

As you can see, the old fourm web address is now re-directing here. I re-created the forum on softaculous software [it installs scripts from your hosting control panel]so I could update it and import it to forumatic. Once again, I got import failure due to unsupported schema. Are you fucking SERIOUS? The people who developed phpBB can't even keep their imports updated to the newest version? If I'd known that, I would have left my version alone instead of updated it first to version 3.013PL and then to 3.1.0 Both versions gave me unsupported schema errors during import attempt. I ran a test import with my role play forum using version 3.0.12 and it worked just fine.

God I am so pissed off. Everything thing this week has adamantly resisted me at every turn. That is to say, every non-sentient, brainless, electronic or computer related thing has resisted me. Including my money. I think I already talked about that elsewhere. My funds finally cleared the bank so I have a grand total of 34 dollars to last me THE REST OF THE MONTH!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:30 pm

I couldn't figure out how to imbed a pic so, here it is on my Photobucket.
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/Baketse ... sort=3&
o=0

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top