Greetings from Queensland

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings from Queensland

Post by shadytrashvoid on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:08 am

Hello Smile

I'm glad to have found this forum. I've been looking for a community for a while.

I've worked with Loki for a bit more than a year. I'm from a mostly ecclectic pagan background. Some spiritual self exploration and discovery lead me to Loki.
I found I needed to start getting to know myself and being really honest with myself about who I was. There were some deep fears associated with that sort of thing. As I started to explore it I started to feel his influence around. Finally said hello in early 2014 and my life's been different ever since.

I'm a student nurse and midwife. I'm spiritually and professionally fascinated with times of transition and birth/rebirth/trials leading to change and growth. I'd love to one day work with people who are usually shunned by society. Working in rural Australia as a Nurse Practitioner and Midwife is my ideal goal.

I'd love to find other Lokeans who live near me but I haven't had much luck so far ^_^

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Greetings from Queensland

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 am

Nice to meet you! And good day to come over! Smile
Hail Loki and Happy April Fool's Day!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadytrashvoid on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:49 am

Happy April Fools Day ^_^

i feel like a terrible Lokean. I didn't plan anything at all. Spent the day in uni learning how to scrub up for surgery.

Of course it doesn't have to be the Officially Designated Public Foolishness Day for mischief to be planned.

Hail Loki.

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am

Hi! Smile
I think you'll find sufficient foolishness in some of the posts here. So, don't worry. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

Welcome!
This is a giggle-tastic forum. You'll love it here. ^_^
I don't see why you can't dedicate your training and work to Loki. He would appreciate the work you do for your community.
Then party with Him when you have more free time if it makes you feel better.
It's been my understanding that He's not big on formalities, so just the fact that you think of Him on this mischief-driven modern holiday is probably enough.
(I didn't plan anything either. >
.>
)

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:41 pm

I didn't do anything today, not even a chuckle!I had no fun whatsoever.
But I remembered it is April First and that is something, I made one line entry on my Wordpress.
I'm trying hard not to be caught talking about Lokabrenna and Sirius.... I did on Life Journal, and went so far that Loki gave me personal date in August as His own for me!
Yes, He did.
And when the day came I forgot all about it. I feel bad until today!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi and welcome.
I'm in Adelaide, so not coffee-close, but at least the same country! Smile

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadytrashvoid on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi Guys ^_^

I try to dedicate parts of my training to him. Whenever I'm stepping outside my comfort zone I think of him. I also vowed to him this year that I would learn to not compartmentalise my life and just be completely present in whatever I was doing in that moment. I used to always be daydreaming about or planning for the next thing. This stressed me out and made me very unproductive. Eventually I panicked one day when I didn't feel like I had the headspace to deal with uni and think about my God. I lashed out at him and was taught a very thorough lesson. Now I focus on what I'm doing and that makes it easier to transition between study-work-play-spirituality so many times in a day. My life is full and messy and random but He taught me to be centred through it.

Others, like study, I dedicate to Odin who helped me last year when I was struggling with it.

Part of my midwifery I dedicate to Sigyn since a large part of midwifery is being strong for a person and holding space while they suffer without being able to take their pains away. You don't know how long you're going to be there, the mother is often in immense pain. You just have to do little things to help ease what you can.

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:53 am

Hi and welcome to the forum!
Love your signature;
I'm a librarian. :-)

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadytrashvoid on Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 am

Thanks ^_^ it's linked to one of my favourite Loki memories so it seemed appropriate.

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top