Hi from Oslo, Norway!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi from Oslo, Norway!

Post by Darkamber on Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:27 am

I'm Darkamber, also known as Amber Drake.
I'm 48 and live in Oslo, Norway. I'm single and share my flat with a cat called Max.
I used to be a librarian and an archivist, but currently I'm on disability.
My interests/hobbies are reading books and comics, watching tv series and films, in the genres fantasy, horror and science fiction. I like to draw and paint, and have a webcomic which I update once a week. I like to knit. I like playing computer games like The Sims and World of Warcraft. I also like playing old fashioned roleplaying games with my friends.

I prefer to call myself a Pagan, rather than a Heathen. I'm a Forn Sed Pagan, a devotional, hard polytheist, a Lokean godspouse and nun, and a freestyle magickian.

I've been a Pagan since my early 20s. I started out as a soft polytheist, worshipping the Goddess in Her aspects as Bast and Sekhmet. I never felt I really connected with Them, though. From my early 30s until my early 40s I was more a agnostic Pagan. I believed there was a higher, divine force that had many faces, but I wasn't 100% sure.
When I was 31, in 1997, I was visited for the first time by a male spirit who'd cuddle with me in the early mornings when I was half awake and in a state of hypnagogia (the deep trance state between being asleep and being awake). He never spoke to me, just held me.
In 2010, I felt that I had become stuck in my life, on several levels. I had chatted a lot with a friend of mine who had Ares as a Patron god, and who worked with Loki. I understood that Loki was viewed as a god of change. I re-read the old Norse myths, and decided to invite Loki into my life in November 2010. Loki had been my favourite god since I first read the old myths as a child. A couple of weeks later, in December, Loki first appeared to me in a dream.
The male spirit continued to visit me and cuddle with me, and now I realised he had been Loki all along.
I kept asking Loki if He was my Patron, and on January 10th, Loki Claimed me in a dream, and I realised He was my Patron.
In February, Loki told me in dreams three nights in a row, that He wanted us to get married. First He said He wanted us to get married in August, but in June He changed His mind and wanted us to get married at the end of June.
This year, on our third anniversary, I renewed my vows to Loki, and also gave Him nun vows.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :-)

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi!

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:26 am

Welcome Amber Drake!

Interesting intro! I've had hypnogogic experiences as well. Unfortunately, I've never had a good one. I'm always terrified or else I leave my body [but never for very long before something snaps me back]Astral whiplash is unfun. It feels like someone smacking the back of your head pretty hard. It tingles and stings. You ever get that?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi!

Post by Darkamber on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:37 am

I've astral projected while in hypnagogia, and have experienced being snapped back into my body. "
Astral whiplash"
is a good description.
To me it feels like I'm being snapped back like a rubber band. I haven't experienced a feeling of being smacked.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi from Oslo, Norway!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top