View previous topic View next topic Go down

grumpylokeanelder's take on Loki's popularity

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:51 am

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: grumpylokeanelder's take on Loki's popularity

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:24 pm

With trepidation, I set up a tumbr account. I agree with a lot of what they said about groupthink.

Hell, I question and scrutinize myself every day regarding my relationship with Odin. I don't really think it's a matter of wanting to fit in anywhere for me for a number of reasons:

I'm 50 years old. Pretty much over that for the most part. I don't have a single real life friend right now. I'm pretty housebound. I have limited resources, no car and am socially awkward and sometimes overbearing in person. Or else I'm a wallflower and bore the crap out of people because I have nothing to say in a group of people. [Usually because THEY bore ME!] Mostly I'm talking about family holiday gatherings where everyone gets drunk and verbally abusive.

If anything, I'm very modest about my relationship with Odin. I post songs he sends me on facebook, but I don't mention him. I say very little about him on facebook, period. I post pictures of him often but only two people on my friends list [aside from y'all who are friends with me there]know I'm an Odin booty call, lol. I guess that's not really fair to say about him. He has more tender feelings towards me than I admit to myself most of the time.

Frankly, I'm just embarrassed to say anything about it to most people because I'm extremely sensitive to criticism and ridicule. Especially ridicule.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:Frankly, I'm just embarrassed to say anything about it to most people because I'm extremely sensitive to criticism and ridicule. Especially ridicule.
Me, too. Aside from the forum and WP, I don't say much, either. My MS pokes fun at me (he's an atheist/humanist) and calls my beliefs "
gypsy magic."
Rolling Eyes
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:10 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:Frankly, I'm just embarrassed to say anything about it to most people because I'm extremely sensitive to criticism and ridicule. Especially ridicule.
Me, too. Aside from the forum and WP, I don't say much, either. My MS pokes fun at me (he's an atheist/humanist) and calls my beliefs "
gypsy magic."
Rolling Eyes

Yeah, it's always those nearest and dearest to us that seem to offer the least support and validation. That's why I say my family are just those friends who I've cultivated meaningful friendships with. Some of them don't know I love them enough to call them family because I'm afraid it will make them uncomfortable and I'd be heartbroken and humiliated because they don't love me with the same intensity that I do them. So they're my secret family. Other people are my online family and have been for a decade or longer and we identify as family.

I still need to get to the bottom of who attacked my husband when he was in hypnogogic sleep. It was jealously motivated, regardless of who did it because it always happened to him if any part of my body touched his body during sleep while I moved around. Then he'd be attacked. Eventually he moved out onto the couch. He only told me about this a few years ago. I had spent years thinking he was disgusted with me.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:48 pm

The only family support I get is from my mom. She's really open-minded, but not enough for me to tell her that she has a God for a son-in-law. :;
):
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:42 pm

That's the thing about being a godspouse or lover. GrumpyLokeanElder might not realize the extent of people outside of the Tumbler girls who take it as status or fad. Those who really are godspouses have a harder time socially because of it. Outside the godspouse community, or those who aren't but who are open to the reality of it, we have to deal with people thinking we're mentally unstable or just looking for attention. And then there's the thing with lots of God spouses actually having mental health disorders. Most of the godspouse I've come into contact with are on disability of some sort.

Why are the gods interested in wallflowers, nerds, disabled mental cases, and old, fat women like me? When you consider the similarity in problems of the godspouse demographic, it's easy to see why many so-called 'normal' people might not take us seriously. Maybe it's a move the gods took to show up all the normal, haughty asshatru. They'll work with us because we give them something they can work with. And our minds are more open and our imaginations more fertile. Imagination is their ingress into our lives and our world. It's the human user interface.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:Why are the gods interested in wallflowers, nerds, disabled mental cases, and old, fat women like me? When you consider the similarity in problems of the godspouse demographic, it's easy to see why many so-called 'normal' people might not take us seriously. Maybe it's a move the gods took to show up all the normal, haughty asshatru. They'll work with us because we give them something they can work with. And our minds are more open and our imaginations more fertile. Imagination is their ingress into our lives and our world. It's the human user interface.
*Shrug* It's a question I've asked myself sooo many times. I like your ideas about why They would choose to be around us, and I agree with you. But it could another answer simply be that it's just because They love us? Think about why you love the people you do. Do you love them because they can do stuff for you? Or do you love them because of who they are? Just a thought... Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:37 pm

I was thinking on this today, as part of my goal to understand Loki better within the context of the lore like He asked me to.
Loki knows the shortcomings of the gods, and He chided Them for it because They were haughty.
Loki knows our shortcomings, but still He loves us because He sees the best in us too, and He wants us not to lie to ourselves by saying we are unworthy. ^_^

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:55 pm

Lokakisa wrote:Loki knows our shortcomings, but still He loves us because He sees the best in us too, and He wants us not to lie to ourselves by saying we are unworthy. ^_^
<
3 Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:08 pm

I think you sum it up perfectly Lokakisa!

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top