Just a friendly reminder

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just a friendly reminder

Post by Just.Christine on Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:35 am

Just wanted to give everyone a little reminder that we have a fandom subforum to post about fandom related stuff.

Also, I don't want to be a forum nazi or anything but Hiddles and Marvel Loki have been bleeding into quite a lot of our threads lately. All of us here know that we know the difference between fandom and spirituality and fictitious Loki's of all sorts and our own Lore Loki, but new or prospective members might totally get the wrong idea if they see those words pop up too much. Then they'll be put off without realizing that we're serious about our faith here.

Soooo...[and I include myself, first and foremost] lets try to reign in our recent burst of Marvel/Hiddle leaking into too many discussions.

Embarassed :? :mrgreen: Awkwaaaard! lol.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just a friendly reminder

Post by Helloki on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:50 am

lucky i was reading a few posts from you about this..
thanks =)

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Yeah, some of us here are HiddleLoki fans [including myself]. Personally I like the horns just because they're so fucking outrageous and retarded and Hiddle totally makes them his bitch. Us who are fans try to keep Marvel talk to a minimum outside the fandom section but he will be mentioned once in awhile.

One of my reasons for creating this forum was to provide a safe haven not just for Lokeans in general-because lots of regular [mostly American]Heathens hate on Lokeans with vile and even violent talk. Another reason was to provide a safe haven for Lokeans who "
came in through the Thor movies"
and for Heathens/Lokeans who just like the movies. Another reason is because most of the Heathen boards I've visited are full of people who are so into reconstructionism that they seem to miss the point of spirituality;
they rest on their laurels. I also don't think it's very spiritual to make threats and verbally abuse a fellow Heathen just because they honor Loki or have him as their Patron. There is boasting and flyting and then there's verbal abuse. Learn from the past, don't live in it.

We're happy to meet, greet, and friend Heathens and Lokeans of all stripes here. Smile

[Where'd you get the toothy turtle? Smile ]
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadytrashvoid on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:18 am

I'd super appreciate it. I have a big problem with maladaptive daydreaming which gets set off hugely by fandom stuff (also certain music).

I have nothing against famdom, I've been a huge nerd my whole life. I also think marvel!loki is a perfectly fine way to be introduced to Loki. It's just something I have to avoid while I'm trying to get better.

Having a separate area for fandom means that I can be part of a Lokean community without risking being set off. People can chat about it all they like and I can just not go in there ^_^

xx

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:35 am

What do you mean by maladaptive daydreaming? Just curious, never heard that term before.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Helloki on Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:34 pm

hahaha nice, maybe ill watch the movies some day..
too bad there is still alot of hate for Lokeans.. can't they take a good laugh and fashion advice?
( and i don't remember where or how i found that peeking turtle Smile qute right haha )

Helloki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadytrashvoid on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 pm

I only learned the term myself a couple of days ago. It's something I've done for my whole life and through working with Loki, the last few years, I realised it was a big problem. It's the reason he doesn't let me near marvel!Loki.

Maladaptive daydreaming is constant, intense, involved daydreaming. To the point that it interferes with day-to-day life. Basically I am constantly in a daydream to some level. I am right now, but it's a sort of "
shallow"
one. I am very rarely not daydreaming. The shallow ones are irritating because they make me feel awful now that I know they're bad for me. The deep ones are dangerous, I've stepped out into traffic, missed bus stops and ended up lost, withdrawn completely from social interaction. I failed a semester of uni because I didn't want to leave the house, I just wanted to stay at home, lay in bed, listen to music and daydream. If I let it go, and I just give myself free time to daydream regularly, I end up very disassociated to the point where I find it hard to "
come back"
even if someone is talking to me. I move around, like pacing, when I'm in deep. And I pull faces and make sounds.

It's not the same as hallucinating because I'm ultimately in control of them, provided I realise I'm doing it. And I know 100% what is real and what's a daydream. It's more like an addiction or compulsion than hallucination. It's hard to get help though because it's not a recognised term yet in the psychological community.

Fandom stuff triggers them because I start daydreaming about it. It's been very bad the last couple of days because I went to see the new Avengers movie. I thought it'd be ok, since marvel!Loki's not in it, but I've realised now that fandom in general isn't something I can cope with if I want to stop this.

Mentions and stuff are fine. I definitely don't want to stop everyone on the forum from talking about fandom stuff. It's more just involved discussions or interweaving marvel!loki with faith that sets me off. I'm set on being personally responsible for this so I'm just going to remove myself from threads if I start to feel like they're going to set me off. Having the majority in it's own section is a real help though so I'm very grateful ^_^

Love you guys and I love being able to chat about Loki with you ^_^

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:30 am

Ooh, I do similar stuff. Some is daydreaming, but mostly I think about hypothetical conversations with people and the gods. I'm also, like you, constantly in this brainspace, to the point where I'm ignoring everyone around me. I didn't realize how much it affected me until I read what you just posted.
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 am

I do it a lot also, as a form of escapism. It truly is a fight to stay grounded in reality, but I'm trying to focus this creative energy into spirituality and crafts.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:43 pm

Helloki wrote:hahaha nice, maybe ill watch the movies some day..
too bad there is still alot of hate for Lokeans.. can't they take a good laugh and fashion advice?
( and i don't remember where or how i found that peeking turtle Smile qute right haha )

Yes, there is an inordinate amount of hate for Lokeans. Any time I've read hateful posts pointed toward us, they don't mentioned whether the hate has always been there or whether it's a Marvel!Loki or Marvel movies in general that goads their hatred. Interestingly, they don't draw a line of demarcation between the two. I've never even seen the word Marvel mentioned in any of their forum posts, so I can only draw the conclusion that they just hate all Lokeans. They probably hate gay people too.

Regardless, those Heathens are virtually impossible to distinguish from fundie Christians until they mention their gods.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:57 pm

shadytrashvoid wrote:I only learned the term myself a couple of days ago. It's something I've done for my whole life and through working with Loki, the last few years, I realised it was a big problem. It's the reason he doesn't let me near marvel!Loki.

Maladaptive daydreaming is constant, intense, involved daydreaming. To the point that it interferes with day-to-day life. Basically I am constantly in a daydream to some level. I am right now, but it's a sort of "
shallow"
one. I am very rarely not daydreaming. The shallow ones are irritating because they make me feel awful now that I know they're bad for me. The deep ones are dangerous, I've stepped out into traffic, missed bus stops and ended up lost, withdrawn completely from social interaction. I failed a semester of uni because I didn't want to leave the house, I just wanted to stay at home, lay in bed, listen to music and daydream. If I let it go, and I just give myself free time to daydream regularly, I end up very disassociated to the point where I find it hard to "
come back"
even if someone is talking to me. I move around, like pacing, when I'm in deep. And I pull faces and make sounds.

It's not the same as hallucinating because I'm ultimately in control of them, provided I realise I'm doing it. And I know 100% what is real and what's a daydream. It's more like an addiction or compulsion than hallucination. It's hard to get help though because it's not a recognised term yet in the psychological community.

Fandom stuff triggers them because I start daydreaming about it. It's been very bad the last couple of days because I went to see the new Avengers movie. I thought it'd be ok, since marvel!Loki's not in it, but I've realised now that fandom in general isn't something I can cope with if I want to stop this.

And how the hell did you get to see the new Avengers movie? We don't get it till May! Evil or Very Mad

Mentions and stuff are fine. I definitely don't want to stop everyone on the forum from talking about fandom stuff. It's more just involved discussions or interweaving marvel!loki with faith that sets me off. I'm set on being personally responsible for this so I'm just going to remove myself from threads if I start to feel like they're going to set me off. Having the majority in it's own section is a real help though so I'm very grateful ^_^

Love you guys and I love being able to chat about Loki with you ^_^

I do that all the time too. I've always done that. As a kid I'd spend all day long being a wild horse, never speaking to anyone. In my case it's an autism spectrum disorder-the pretending to be a horse thing. I'm not dx'd with autism spectrum but I'm fairly convinced I have Asperger's. My mom has it, two nephews have it, my cousin has it.

My therapist up in PA told me those intense daydreams are fugue states and are a form of dissociation. I've never heard of an actual term for it as a disorder itself but rather as a symptom of dissociation. I think it needs its own dx, really. I can see how you might have a difficult time with Mavel!Loki or the Marvel movies or anything you really enjoy turning into fantasies. I just funneled my daydreams into text-based role playing but that can be dangerous too because now you have characters in the picture and they end up developing lives of their own and when role plays end....pain, pain, pain. A character dies or goes dormant and it feels like part of your soul has been ripped out by the seams. Luckily I can tell the difference between my fictions and mystic experience [I abandoned the term UPG, it's insulting and insinuates that it lacks value by implying unverified = inferior, when in fact, most mystic experience is personal and unverified throughout history. That's it's nature]

And I gotta ask: What's the dealio with your avatar? Every time I see it I have to smile and/or laugh because you look very much in a Loki mode, full of vim vigor and obnoxious intent. Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shadytrashvoid on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:33 pm

And I gotta ask: What's the dealio with your avatar? Every time I see it I have to smile and/or laugh because you look very much in a Loki mode, full of vim vigor and obnoxious intent. Laughing

Haha Laughing not quite Loki mode. Dionysus mode. I was at WitchCamp last month and the camp focused on Dionysus' story. The pic is from the aftermath of the ritual we held on the last night. I'd painted my face but then had grapes squished above my head and rubbed into my hair. So it got messy Laughing

It was a fun ritual about breaking bonds and making plans for change ^_^ Dionysus rituals are usually pretty amazing.

shadytrashvoid

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:15 am

I used to daydream intensely a lot.
Sometimes when I was depressed, I would stay in bed and spin elaborate fictions in my head, to escape the pain.
I used to get obsessed with characters from tv series and movies, and would spend days making up stories about them, and I was of course a character in these stories.
I was actually obsessed with Marvel-Loki for a while, after seeing the first Thor movie. I read a lot of fan fiction, and would make up my own stories of adventure. It lasted for a couple of months.
I had a brief obsession with the Green Arrow after watching most of season 1 in a row of "
Arrow"
Don't have any obsessions, now. I kind of miss it.
Well, the real Loki is kind of an obsession, but I feel weird daydreaming about a real Person.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Wow, I really identify a lot with these posts.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Darkamber wrote:I used to daydream intensely a lot.
Sometimes when I was depressed, I would stay in bed and spin elaborate fictions in my head, to escape the pain.
I used to get obsessed with characters from tv series and movies, and would spend days making up stories about them, and I was of course a character in these stories.
I was actually obsessed with Marvel-Loki for a while, after seeing the first Thor movie. I read a lot of fan fiction, and would make up my own stories of adventure. It lasted for a couple of months.
I had a brief obsession with the Green Arrow after watching most of season 1 in a row of "
Arrow"
Don't have any obsessions, now. I kind of miss it.
Well, the real Loki is kind of an obsession, but I feel weird daydreaming about a real Person.

How many books have you written in your head, amiright?
I never really became Marvel!Loki obsessed, I was more M!Loki obsessed by proxy, via my Marvel!Thor role play character. Now HE was obsessed. And soooo, soooo jealous! I created a Loki to role play with a friend's OC and my Thor barged into the role play and stole him from her, lol! My characters never show an interest in each other but he broke that mold. Laughing
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:03 pm

Lokakisa wrote:Wow, I really identify a lot with these posts.
Yup, yup, yup...
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top