Rune Links

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rune Links

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:I tend to have Sowilo, Ansuz and Berkano following me around a lot lately. Sometimes Perthro. Mostly I get Anzuz and Berkano. And have no real idea what it means. In time, I guess.
Out of all love Odin will get you pregnant, you can call Him now All Father the Victorious! Smile
Sowilo - Love, and Victory
Ansuz - God
Berkano - is rune of gestation , pregnancy, and concealment.

There are more way to translate it, but this was the first what struck me! LOL

If he can get me knocked up, he's Victorious indeed! Laughing
*Poppy runs for the hills*
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:
Moon Rouge wrote:
Poppy.Meister wrote:I tend to have Sowilo, Ansuz and Berkano following me around a lot lately. Sometimes Perthro. Mostly I get Anzuz and Berkano. And have no real idea what it means. In time, I guess.
Out of all love Odin will get you pregnant, you can call Him now All Father the Victorious! Smile
Sowilo - Love, and Victory
Ansuz - God
Berkano - is rune of gestation , pregnancy, and concealment.

There are more way to translate it, but this was the first what struck me! LOL

If he can get me knocked up, he's Victorious indeed! Laughing
*Poppy runs for the hills*

Holly cow I missed the last one:
Run Poppy run!
because I think it is Loki's Bruid who on her blog said Loki translates Perthro not as a dice cup, a gamble, or a chance as most, but as vagina as some. Now I think He is on it with Odin!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Neiiin!!

So now we have both Berkano AND Perthro. And Loki is also closely tied to Sowilo as well. Ugh! I did a reading a few weeks ago but I'm getting the nudge to keep mum. I took an oath of silence regarding me and Odin's relationship so I have to be veeerrrry careful what I talk about.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Yeh, zip it, Poppy! Laughing
I never tied Sowilo to Loki.
I would see Loki operating Dagaz, Kenaz, Ansuz, sometimes Thurisaz. Eihwaz and Ehwaz swings that direction occasionally too, but they do also towards Odin.
Some say Lagus is connected to Loki too, I don't see it yet.

I have very personal UPG about Loki and Berkano and the birch tree. It is something I have to zip and shut up. However it is connected to my UPG, or doxa if you will, not to rune reading in general.

BTW Perthro is Odin's rune. Some recognize the blank rune as Odin's. Those who don't use blank rune, I myself think blank rune is nonsense, call Perthro Odin's rune.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 05, 2015 6:19 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:Yeh, zip it, Poppy! Laughing
I never tied Sowilo to Loki.
I would see Loki operating Dagaz, Kenaz, Ansuz, sometimes Thurisaz. Eihwaz and Ehwaz swings that direction occasionally too, but they do also towards Odin.
Some say Lagus is connected to Loki too, I don't see it yet.

I have very personal UPG about Loki and Berkano and the birch tree. It is something I have to zip and shut up. However it is connected to my UPG, or doxa if you will, not to rune reading in general.

BTW Perthro is Odin's rune. Some recognize the blank rune as Odin's. Those who don't use blank rune, I myself think blank rune is nonsense, call Perthro Odin's rune.

Every time I see Perthro I get the urge to throw pears. If I ever get invited to a Blott maybe I will and see who gets it. It would have to be a Lokablott though, I don't think most other Heathens would take kindly to that sort of physical comedy. Nah, I wouldn't do that...unless everyone was drunk by the time I did it. Laughing

I adore the blank rune! The lore says that "
A Great Rune Is Hidden"
and I consider the blank rune to possibly be a representation of this unknown rune. That's what I see the blank rune as: just the currently unknown. And exciting!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 6:57 pm

I am still learning. I give a lot about how I feel about things, my brain resides in my guts. I also caught myself wrong numerous times.

Throwing the pears? Laughing That is kind of original! Ha ha!

Here is an example of my thinking:
Throwing the pears..... what is name of the pear drink in Erich Maria Remarque book Three Comrades?.... Ah Calvados! making sure, and goggling the Calvados only to find out Calvados is made from apples....
Apples and pears, apples and pears..... I would swear the Calvados I drank was made from pears.... there was a picture of a pear on the label. Or someone didn't know how to draw an apple...!
It is all Poppy's fault! and Odin's, damn Perthro! Calvados.....it was actually good drink.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Oh...MAN! You and me BOTH! That is my thinking to the max! It's like a tree that branches out without quitting until it turns into a horrible monster tree with clutching branches that grab at my brain and scare it!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 7:11 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:Oh...MAN! You and me BOTH! That is my thinking to the max! It's like a tree that branches out without quitting until it turns into a horrible monster tree with clutching branches that grab at my brain and scare it!
And then Odin comes and hang Himself on it!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 05, 2015 7:13 pm

I think the Lagu rune (or however you spell it) is associated with Him because of fluidity.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 7:57 pm

Lokakisa wrote: I think the Lagu rune (or however you spell it) is associated with Him because of fluidity.
My personal view is any god or goddess can operate and express Themselves through any rune fit for the task. Laguz ( Lagus, Lagu, Laukaur, Lagur, etc) is close to Loki, but for me, and that is very subjective opinion, the other 4 runes I mentioned hit closer to home. Laguz is the water rune, rune of cleansing by ebb and flow, and also rune of the dreams, and unconsciousness. It all sounds very well to fit Loki in, but I don't feel it. For someone else it may be not so.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 05, 2015 8:25 pm

*nod nod* I'm not at the point where I associate the Runes with Anyone in particular, I just want to learn how to read them and let the gods speak through them.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Ok, bit of a head-scratcher on this one. I'm curious to see what y'all make of this. I started reading runes again after a brief hiatus. I asked Loki, Fenrir, and Thor each for 1-2 runes. I think I understand Loki's and Fenrir's, but Thor's were Laguz, Ansuz yesterday. Today, He gave me Perthro. None of these really seem very Thor-ish to me. Any idears?
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun May 17, 2015 9:56 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Ok, bit of a head-scratcher on this one. I'm curious to see what y'all make of this. I started reading runes again after a brief hiatus. I asked Loki, Fenrir, and Thor each for 1-2 runes. I think I understand Loki's and Fenrir's, but Thor's were Laguz, Ansuz yesterday. Today, He gave me Perthro. None of these really seem very Thor-ish to me. Any idears?

That is ehm....should I say it.... Well the forum is private now

Any god can use any rune to deliver the message, which may be on may be not consistent with the sender's character.

I know you may expected the Thurisaz-Hagal-Sowilo more, like mighty Thor will smash something, brings the hail or whatever, and leave victorious loved by all.
Yeh, not always so easy.

Laguz, as a flow and dreams together with Ansuz, I would say watch your dreams for a message, or the speech of a god is smooth and flowing..: Silver-tongue?
And then Perthro means some kind of revelation of secrets, which is consistent with the first, dreamy nature of the reading. Or, considering the Silver-tongue involved and knowing Loki translates Perthto as vagina...
my dirty mind says oral sex Embarassed
but who will do who I dunno, Question
I would not expect this from Thor! Laughing
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon May 18, 2015 7:14 am

Laughing Haha!
I did some heavy-duty banishing with Hecate, so I know it's Them. Fenrir's runes were pretty straightforward. He seems pleased with the progress and seems to be cheering me on. I've thought and slept on it, and I think Loki and Thor are cooking up something. Loki gave me Raidho, Thuriaz, and Wunjo. At first I thought maybe the first two runes were indicating a journey into my shadow or something, but if I take Raidho as the union/reunion meaning, and Thuriaz as literally Thor.... Shocked Then Wunjo, it'll be good. ?? Then Thor's Laguz as woman, Ansuz as literally Loki (hence my connection that They're in cahoots) and Perthro as a mystery, a secret revealed.... What are They doing?
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon May 18, 2015 9:13 am

Rose, I may be wrong, always take your own feeling as the first and true guidance.

Raidho is at least in my eyes, is complicated to say it swings only one way, it is a travel, a journey. It also means an advice. ( I struggle with certain runes, Radio is one of them, Mannaz gives me hell!)

Thurisaz is Thor's rune, the name says it, but it also represents Loki, His giant and chaotic form. Thurisaz is rune of direct force, one representing the destruction of enemies. It is male polarity rune, it operates using erotic sex and magic. It is the getaway rune, the one which opens a doorway, enabling to move from one thing (place or matter) to next.

Ansuz is a god's rune. It is Loki's when He is a messenger. Ansuz is more Odin's than Loki's unless it is indicated by one of them otherwise. Ansuz is the power of the words, and art of naming, those qualities are in Odin's ball park. When you draw Ansuz it tells you to look for signs and listen well.

Laguz is feminine rune, it is rune of dreams and even more rune of cleansing by tide, washing away stuff.

So is Loki giving you an advice to let Thor open the doorway to joy for you? And Thor is saying if you listen messages well, a secret can be revealed, secret which helps you wash away the bad stuff.

I feel totally incompetent to read runes for anybody yet, or ever, so use a pound of salt with this.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon May 18, 2015 9:29 am

Yeah, I don't have a clue. I have a hard time being patient. I want to know right now, gdi. Laughing

I'm staying away from spelled messages for the moment, to give other skills the practice they need. But, dammit, this is hard! Smile
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:Rose, I may be wrong, always take your own feeling as the first and true guidance.

Raidho is at least in my eyes, is complicated to say it swings only one way, it is a travel, a journey. It also means an advice. ( I struggle with certain runes, Radio is one of them, Mannaz gives me hell!)

Thurisaz is Thor's rune, the name says it, but it also represents Loki, His giant and chaotic form. Thurisaz is rune of direct force, one representing the destruction of enemies. It is male polarity rune, it operates using erotic sex and magic. It is the getaway rune, the one which opens a doorway, enabling to move from one thing (place or matter) to next.

Ansuz is a god's rune. It is Loki's when He is a messenger. Ansuz is more Odin's than Loki's unless it is indicated by one of them otherwise. Ansuz is the power of the words, and art of naming, those qualities are in Odin's ball park. When you draw Ansuz it tells you to look for signs and listen well.

Laguz is feminine rune, it is rune of dreams and even more rune of cleansing by tide, washing away stuff.

So is Loki giving you an advice to let Thor open the doorway to joy for you? And Thor is saying if you listen messages well, a secret can be revealed, secret which helps you wash away the bad stuff.

I feel totally incompetent to read runes for anybody yet, or ever, so use a pound of salt with this.

I think you're selling yourself short, really. You seem to have a natural talent for this and I can tell you rely on instinct for answers but also unsure of trusting your instincts.
I've been spending the past few days drawing up runic monograms for people. I did one for my niece [she's going to get it tattooed!] and also did one for my stepsister and just for the hell of it I did one for Beth because I was curious what it would look like. I didn't tell her-it's probably nosy that I did that, I don't know. I'm not intimate with the more involved ehtics of Paganism.

Ive been wanting to ask Beth to be my mentor but I have misgivings as well. :/
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top