Rune Links

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rune Links

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:00 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:I have the Troth Books myself and there's one good Loki article in it, but they're stance on blots is that Lokeans still have to 'sit in the back of the bus' and toast Loki away from the main blotts, when they hold annual campouts and whatnot.

I think that sucks.
Only in America... Rolling Eyes
This whole Nokean nonsense seems to be mostly an American sentiment where people are still influenced by Christianity I guess. Perhaps they need to acquaint themselves with the lore of other pantheons. I have yet to hear of any pantheon that doesn't have a trickster deity. It's a monotheistic sentiment to treat the trickster as a devil and an evil that must be utterly destroyed in the end.
Honestly, I'm a bit worried about blots with the local Heathen group that I joined. I've only been to one informal gathering so far. Nobody's said anything directly to me about Loki (yet), but I don't know what they'll allow during blots. Allow, shit. I'll toast Him anyway. :;
):
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:50 pm

It might be a good idea to ask in advance. Some people have been kicked out of blotts for toasting Loki. Or else when they do, someone will counter-toast with Heimdall. The whole thing is ridiculous. None of that stuff actually happened! Many heathens will tell you the lore is just lore. It's not divinely inspired in the sense that people claim the bible to be. No heathen I've talked to online says the lore is the holy, infallible word of the gods.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:57 pm

That's true. And this group seems pretty laid back. I didn't get any lore-thumper vibes from anyone. (Thumper-people make me crazy, no matter what background they're from.)
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:02 pm

Hahahaha! Lore thumpers. I like that. The only difference between those heathens and fundie Christians is beliefs. They act almost identical. And all the gods, including Jesus, must facepalm on a semi-regular basis.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I would think more than semi-regular basis, going by some of the stuff I've read.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Corannhena on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:23 pm

I believe some of the stuff in the lore is true, but not all, e.g. I don't believe humans were made out of wood/trees (I hold to the theory of evolution--however I do believe the gods sort of gave us a little "
nudge"
), nor that clouds are giant-brains, but I do believe that (again, for example) Loki got the other gods all those neat presents from the dwarves after cutting Sif's hair (about which he told me yes when I asked if he actually did that. When asked why, he spelled Irritated me to look at it), and then subsequently had his mouth sewn shut :p (I don't think he would have insisted on my drawing his scars on the pic in my icon if he hadn't). I do have a rather controversial (for lack of a better word) UPG about his binding--I believe he was SET free (not broke free), that he is no longer bound in any way, this was in the past (I also have my own UPG--again, that Loki's answered questions about for me--about time in the gods' world, which I've posted about on my blog--it's under the UPG tag), and he's living in (or near) Asgard again. I also believe (Loki told me as well) that Ragnarok isn't going to ever happen.
Corannhena

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:28 am

You have a point about the various parts of the lore. Not sure, myself, what did or did not happen, but I suppose it's safe to say that the things I felt really strong feelings about when I read them might have happened. Like Lokasenna and some of the stories that had a strong impact on people's lives. AND! The things people have tried to suppress. That's a good indicator too. It's like I've said in my own sig quote: I am a tale told by an idiot, signifying nothing. Adapted from Shakespeare of course! I suspect we're all works of fiction in various forms and stages of development. I'd probably raise the roof if I told some people my theories about the nature and identities of the gods, lol. :;
):

I'll get into that some day.

Well, off to the doctor appointment. Walking to it. Half hour walk...in the rain. Mad
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:She gave me a link to those posts and naturally I can't find the link anymore. She had written an open letter to association big wigs for being Nokean and generally snobby Asshatru. Apparently she wasn't altogether accurate about the Nokean thing, as one member of The Troth is actually Lokean. I have the Troth Books myself and there's one good Loki article in it, but they're stance on blots is that Lokeans still have to 'sit in the back of the bus' and toast Loki away from the main blotts, when they hold annual campouts and whatnot.

I think that sucks.
Only in America... Rolling Eyes
This whole Nokean nonsense seems to be mostly an American sentiment where people are still influenced by Christianity I guess. Perhaps they need to acquaint themselves with the lore of other pantheons. I have yet to hear of any pantheon that doesn't have a trickster deity. It's a monotheistic sentiment to treat the trickster as a devil and an evil that must be utterly destroyed in the end.

It seems like all I do is bring up Kemetic stuff, but I felt the need to point out there really isn't a straight Egyptian equivalent to Loki. Many of the Netjeru have used trickery/deceit, Aset (Isis) being the most notorious.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 am

Back to Diana Paxson's rune book. I took a look at sample on Amazon. From what I've seen she has not much her 'own' stuff written there. It is full of references to Thorsson, Aswyn, and Galina Karasskova.
Even if I would be willing to ignore what was said about her, I prefer to see the originals than combined collection. She is out of my list now.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:28 pm

This just goes to prove further to me that it really is true that you can't hurt other people without hurting yourself. It's like killing the fly on your nose with a hatchet. Had she not attacked a Lokean friend, some of might be more inclined to buy her stuff. But when you act that way, no one will trust you.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:41 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:Had she not attacked a Lokean friend, some of might be more inclined to buy her stuff. But when you act that way, no one will trust you.
Exactly. Book's off my list, for sure. Lokeans, I think, should stick by each other.
journeyintoinsanity

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Fri May 01, 2015 6:11 am

Oh dear, I hadn't known that she attacked a Lokean. That's not good at all.

I've only got a basic knowledge of runes, but I think I like using them more than tarot cards most of the time. I'm having a reading done by Sunday by Beth Wodandis from her Fiberwytch shop. Should be interesting. Hope I get good feedback. Looks like I will though since all her reviews are positive.
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 am

Good luck with reading! I like runes so much better than Tarots, I don't get them. Runes make sense to me.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Fri May 01, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks Moon Rouge. Smile

Runes also make more sense to me. Maybe I haven't found the right tarot deck though. Ah well. Maybe one day.

Also, thanks guys for the links. Very helpful!
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokakisa on Fri May 01, 2015 11:41 am

Dragonwings wrote:Oh dear, I hadn't known that she attacked a Lokean. That's not good at all.

I've only got a basic knowledge of runes, but I think I like using them more than tarot cards most of the time. I'm having a reading done by Sunday by Beth Wodandis from her Fiberwytch shop. Should be interesting. Hope I get good feedback. Looks like I will though since all her reviews are positive.

I think you will enjoy your experience with Beth. Nonoriel is also another one you will see frequently mentioned here.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rjlatrans on Fri May 01, 2015 2:55 pm

I just got my first set of runes and definitely enjoying them so far. I picked out a Rose Quartz set (debated between that and Carnelian, which I associate more with Loki, buuut I felt like the stones should represent primarily ME and things that I find positive, so Rose Quartz it was). Jiving with it VERY WELL and getting some pretty accurate (and blunt, but in a good way) readings so far.

In comparison- good lord I still need to throw out that tarot deck it radiates hate at me. /eyes it distrustfully. Never got a super accurate reading, everything was couched in 20 kinds of metaphor and vague as all hell.

These links are really helpful, trying to study up like mad so I can cast without consulting my internet. XD

rjlatrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Maybe your tarot deck needs to be cleansed. Was it a gift from someone or second hand in any way? Could have someone elses energies.

For tarot, I recommend: Tarot and the Journy of the Hero by Hajo Banzhaf. It doesn't teach you how to do readings but it does take you through an extensive and deep examination of the major arcana [of the Rider Waite deck] and the archetypal meanings. Understanding the archetypes is the key to peeling back all the layers of metaphor. I customized my own spiritual path based on that book and some personal practices.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rjlatrans on Sat May 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Nah, I bought it fresh. I just think a combo of my feelings of the store at the time (it had sooooo much cultural appropriation. Sooooo much. Thankfully last time I went they removed the giant wall of factory made shitty dreamcatchers they sold for waaay too much money, but at that time they had a bunch of stuff like that there that was not only a rip off but showed NO understanding/respect of the cultures the thing came from), + me getting frustrated at it and it getting frustrated at me and then that exploding into a ball of hate.

Oooooh, that sounds interesting! Though for my next deck I am leaning towards a non-Rider Waite deck since this last one gave me such trouble. Weirdly, whenever I did internet readings with decks online, it worked GREAT. So although I certainly want to expand my knowledge, when I tried other decks online (or had people do readings and pull cards and go 'But i don't know what this means') things were super clear for me. Just for some reason me and that deck did not jive at all.

rjlatrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun May 03, 2015 1:14 am

Galaxy Tone Runes and Galaxy Tone Tarot are great apps if you have tablet or android smartphone. I've gotten surprisingly accurate readings from both. I think that with the internet, no one person's energies are touching the decks or runes because they're digital. When you break it all down, it's just ones and zeros. It's all virtual and moves and changes too quickly to retain imprints.

That is to say, I have no clue whatsoever, lol.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Mon May 04, 2015 12:40 am

Lokakisa wrote:
Dragonwings wrote:Oh dear, I hadn't known that she attacked a Lokean. That's not good at all.

I think you will enjoy your experience with Beth. Nonoriel is also another one you will see frequently mentioned here.

I got the results back earlier. Smile Really good results I think. Definitely agree with my needing to work on my second-guessing as my gut instinct was that Loki considers me to be family (but a different reading had made me confused). But yeah, definitely need to not be so unsure of myself. Nifty reading. Smile
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 am

Yeah, Nono calls those brainweasels. I've been under a lot of brainweasel attack lately. Horrrrrrible things! Demons, really!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonwings on Mon May 04, 2015 4:14 am

Brain weasels? XD I like that. I'm going to start calling them that. That's kind of fun. But yes, quite hard to deal with a lot of the time.

I quite enjoyed the experience and it actually gave me more confidence in my own rune reading skills. Also, I finally understand why that Othala rune has been following me around in readings. XD I swear, it's really amusing now, with what I know now.
Dragonwings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon May 04, 2015 2:19 pm

I tend to have Sowilo, Ansuz and Berkano following me around a lot lately. Sometimes Perthro. Mostly I get Anzuz and Berkano. And have no real idea what it means. In time, I guess.
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Mon May 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Poppy.Meister wrote:I tend to have Sowilo, Ansuz and Berkano following me around a lot lately. Sometimes Perthro. Mostly I get Anzuz and Berkano. And have no real idea what it means. In time, I guess.
Out of all love Odin will get you pregnant, you can call Him now All Father the Victorious! Smile
Sowilo - Love, and Victory
Ansuz - God
Berkano - is rune of gestation , pregnancy, and concealment.

There are more way to translate it, but this was the first what struck me! LOL
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rjlatrans on Mon May 04, 2015 2:58 pm

I have Tiwaz, Laguz, and Fehu following me around. Which I'm pretty sure the last two stand with Freyr and his family (especially Njord popping up lately, as they seem to have been a package deal for multiple reasons with me) and what they are offering relating to who I am.

Tiwaz is not 100% clear, but seriously it has popped up EVERY SINGLE CAST no matter how much I mix the bag. Guessing time for some conflict, victory, and deal making + social integration coming up with the gods, but who the heck knows outside of that vague feeling.

But as for tarots- I have been looking at apps and REALLY need to get a new phone! Mine only has 16GB and I have had it for years, so it's full up. I can upgrade now but torn on which ones I want. For some reason I feel like part of it is I have a good relationship with my phone/laptop? So it works for me better when it comes to readings? IDK that is the impression I get. XD Haven't tried using someone elses internet for it so who knows. I will bookmark those apps though!

rjlatrans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top