becoming a godspouse?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: becoming a godspouse?

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 am

Poppy.Meister wrote:It's funny, I was just thinking about that the other day. What if someone were to ask Tom Hiddles if HE thought he might be inspired by Loki. I could totally see him not agreeing OR disagreeing just because that seems like a Hiddle thing to do. He would neither agree or disagree and have a huge, shit-eating grin.
Or just say "
Eheheheh."
:;
):
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: becoming a godspouse?

Post by Lokakisa on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:08 pm

I want to say that I totally respect Hiddles as being his own person. In his interviews and such, you can tell he puts a lot into all his characters, really taking the time to study available materials. If I'm not mistaken, he said that he studied both the comics and the Norse lore for his role in the Marvel movies. You can also tell that he absolutely enjoyed every minute of it, had a lot of fun with the part and being a total ham every chance he got. He seems to love fanworks and cosplay, and gets interested in the newer comics portraying Loki ("
Agent of Asgard"
and another one I can't remember the title of). He's even speculated what happened in-between the movies and made suggestions for further script ideas. While the ComicCon appearance wasn't his idea initially, I think he created the speech himself in addition to that awesome way he adlibbed through it. Later he humbly remarked how surprised he was at the fan reaction.
It is tempting, knowing what we know (or speculate) about The Real Thing, to think of divine influence, or either it was a highly coincidental capture of those elements we know and love! It may seem disrespectful, but Hiddles is such a lovable goof that people can't help but consider him an earthly incarnation. (I have heard, too, that many see Lee Pace's work as Thranduil to be like various versions of horned gods, or even Loki.)
Out of all the interviews I've seen/read, I really can't recall if someone directly asked him about Loki-influence. I mean think about it, in Christian society journalists are not typically going to ask "
so do think this pagan god influenced your work?"

But I see it repeated over and over that MarvelLoki got people interested in the lore, that He uses that pop culture image to His advantage, etc.
Would I have found Loki on my own? Maybe. I was already drifting from the Netjeru, and even without the Marvel movies there's the "
Vikings"
tv show and my personal interest in my heritage. I'm sure He found me regardless. I didn't become an instant Lokean after seeing the first movie anyway, or even straight away after the second. It took time to figure out what I wanted spiritually, to let my gods know how I was feeling. I actually just said a prayer out loud one day, that I was interested in open communication with spirits and ancestors and other deities, that I had interests in magic and European ways and what not, and I was interested in Loki if He wanted to talk to me, and it just went from there. I'm also quite fond of Pan, but somehow Loki seems to fill in that "
wild-man of nature"
role for me.

Lokakisa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum