Channeling a Deity

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Channeling a Deity

Post by  on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:39 am

OK,first of all i apologize if i'm posting to the wrong section.
On topic now: is channeling a Deity possible? and if it is, is there a polite way of asking Him or Her to stop doing this? It is quite unpleasant to be ..controlled by Eris (two different spirit workers told me is Eris) and i'd like to cut any connection i might have with Her.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Channeling a Deity

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:17 am

First of all, this forum is okay for this post. The only other one might be UPG, but that's really more for sharing personal testimonials rather than problem solving.

Channeling against a person's will is possession, imo. I am new and inexperienced in Heathenry and Paganism so I have no answer or suggestion. The closest I can arrive at idea wise is to find out that Goddesses likes and dislikes and then set out to make your body and your home as unappealing to her as possible.

My religious background where I have most of my experience is Christian, but I don't think a Christian method of fixing this problem is what you'd want.

It's worrisome that so many people are having spiritual problems interfacing with their deities. Some feel abandoned and confused or punished.

There seems to be a general increase of all spiritual activity going on in and around our world. The spirit world seems restless and agitated. There are growing numbers of godspouses. Lots of people just poopoo the idea of godspouses the same way any group of people will brush off any spiritual experience they don't understand, or because they aren't having one. It's not unheard of activity though. Any pantheon has god/desses that go booty scootin for mortal poussay! Lolol! Especially Loki and Odin for some reason.

Didn't the people who gave you readings have anything to suggest? How dis they know it was Eris?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:23 am

You can contact the deity through a medium who is able to 'horse' deity in question. For Eris I imagine there will be not many.

To be controlled sound pushy but not violent. Eris may be not easy to deal with as is.

What about to set her very simple altar, cloth, candle, and empty bowl or something for offering. I would lit the candle and ask what she wants or expect from me. I would ask for legible sign and tell her if I am able I will do one request but she is not welcome afterwards . I would let the deity know the altar is only to communicate, temporary makeshift and not set for worship.
To start with I would choose the nice way. You never know, she may do a favor for you one day for it.

If the deity doesn't give clear answer ,there are banishing rituals. I never did one, but I think there are some posted on this forum somewhere.

For this, you better be sure who it is, because if you wrong you may call Eris in on the top of the troublemaker already there.
On other hand if it is not Eris, and you call her by accident, maybe she could kick the pest out.

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:35 pm

I've been having a huge, months-long problem with a Loki impostor. I found out, through outside divination, that it's another deity. I've tried severance rituals, banishing rituals, calling on Loki, Thor, and Fenrir for help. I even told that deity to leave, that they were not welcome, and that I would never work with or honor them after what they did to me. Nothing worked. I really have no good advice for you, but I definitely feel you on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Your case, Rose, looks different. Whoever it is, is trying to separate you from Loki, and there is nothing to work with. I agree with you 100%
In Bluehufsa case, I would like to know who and what that deity wants in the first place, and then get rid of them.

You already know it. I cannot imagine what you go through!

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Oh yes, I agree that perhaps a kinder approach is in order for Blue. Always start out being nice and polite... until given reason not to be. I'm done playing nice, and it seems that Loki is done with this shit, too.
Another deity, similar-ish to Loki, from another pantheon seems to come up a lot in a blog I follow. He's strong and doesn't tolerate the kind of goofing off that I've experienced. I'm considering asking for assistance from Him and from Odin.

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:27 am

Thanks for the answers,you're all very kind and helpful.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:36 am

This may be a dumb question, but have you tried asking Loki for help, Bluehufsa?

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by  on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:50 am

Darkamber wrote:This may be a dumb question, but have you tried asking Loki for help, Bluehufsa?

Yes, i did that last evening,when i was about to go berserk on someone on a social network. I shut down the computer, put a mug of ale on my altar and asked Loki for help. It worked, because shortly after that the extreme anger was gone, i was able to clear my mind and ignored the annoying post &
person .

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:56 pm

I get my buttons pushed on facebook all the time. Usually about religion or politics. And sometimes I'm just in a sensitive mood and people say something that hurts my feelings. The I bleed all over them and vent my spleen all over them. And make myself looks soft, stupid and dramatic. Razz
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top