Cats or dogs?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Helloki on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:41 am

cats ! what is the link between that hahahahaha

Helloki

Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Dragonwings on Fri May 01, 2015 6:17 am

Yay for cats. Very Happy I have one right now. She's 16 years old but doesn't act like it.
avatar
Dragonwings

Posts : 117
Join date : 2014-12-29
Age : 33
Location : North Carolina, US

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by rjlatrans on Fri May 01, 2015 2:05 pm



This is my most handsome fluffbutt. My prince brat. <
3

I am definitely more of a cat person though my job involves mostly working with dogs. Lots and lots of dogs. Jerk dogs whose owners have no concept of keeping up on the hundreds of dollars of training they spent on said dog.

/sigh

But there are also a lot of cute doggies too.

rjlatrans

Posts : 40
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Just.Christine on Fri May 01, 2015 11:15 pm

That's a really good looking cat!
I wish I had some outdoor pics of my kitties but they're strictly indoor cats. The past 8 years I've lived only in houses or apartments that are too close to busy traffic and since they've never been outdoor cats I don't like them being outdoors. I have a balcony, but I have this intrusive image in my head of one of them trying to juimp onto the railing, losing their balance and falling 3 stories.
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by rjlatrans on Sat May 02, 2015 9:13 am

I should mention he is 100% a indoor kitty (because yeah- outdoors is super dangerous and I live near a busy road!). I just have a harness for him that he LOVES! You can see a little bit of the leash in the right corner. XD

And thank you! He is a very handsome prissy pants.

rjlatrans

Posts : 40
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Helloki on Sat May 02, 2015 10:38 am



do not worry, he was sniffing a floured fish =)
his name is Aku and he is a real bad ass
also a real pussy sometimes

Helloki

Posts : 64
Join date : 2015-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by rjlatrans on Sat May 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Awwww, what a cutie! XD

rjlatrans

Posts : 40
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Darkamber on Sun May 03, 2015 12:55 am

Max in one of his favourite sleeping spots.


_________________
Blog: Fire and Ink - The journey of a Lokean Pagan
Facebook: Amber Drake
Tumblr: Darkamber Dragon
Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
avatar
Darkamber
Site Admin

Posts : 686
Join date : 2014-12-29
Age : 51
Location : Oslo, Norway

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Corannhena on Sun May 03, 2015 2:08 am

There's a blanket at the end of our couch, too (although not draped over the arm) that my cat likes to sleep on.
avatar
Corannhena

Posts : 340
Join date : 2014-12-31
Age : 38
Location : Oregon

View user profile http://corannhena.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Lokakisa on Mon May 04, 2015 3:30 pm

rjlatrans wrote:I should mention he is 100% a indoor kitty (because yeah- outdoors is super dangerous and I live near a busy road!). I just have a harness for him that he LOVES! You can see a little bit of the leash in the right corner. XD

And thank you! He is a very handsome prissy pants.

"
Prissy pants"
has to be the best cat-descriptor ever. LOL
That and "
cat overlords,"
because you know, we are not their owners but their staff. ^_^

Lokakisa

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by rjlatrans on Mon May 04, 2015 5:03 pm

Lokakisa wrote:"
Prissy pants"
has to be the best cat-descriptor ever. LOL
That and "
cat overlords,"
because you know, we are not their owners but their staff. ^_^

IT IS VERY MUCH SO. Though I swear my kitty got a extra dose of pris in his pants. Part of my job and previous volunteer experience has had me around a LOT of kitties, and it's rare I meet one as much a princeling as he is. Laughing

And oh, don't get me started on the expectations. He will ONLY drink water out of the sink faucet, so when he meows i have to go and turn it on for him. (I need to get one of those cat water fountains, but they are super expensive man. And I'm not sure if they will even work with him.)

rjlatrans

Posts : 40
Join date : 2015-04-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 05, 2015 4:04 pm

Lokakisa wrote:
rjlatrans wrote:I should mention he is 100% a indoor kitty (because yeah- outdoors is super dangerous and I live near a busy road!). I just have a harness for him that he LOVES! You can see a little bit of the leash in the right corner. XD

And thank you! He is a very handsome prissy pants.

"
Prissy pants"
has to be the best cat-descriptor ever. LOL
That and "
cat overlords,"
because you know, we are not their owners but their staff. ^_^

And not just staff but stuff! We're also their stuff. Laughing
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Lokakisa on Tue May 05, 2015 4:15 pm

"
What's mine is mine and what's your is mine"
=^.^=

Lokakisa

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Lokakisa wrote:"
What's mine is mine and what's your is mine"
=^.^=
This used to be the communist rule: What is yours is mine and what is mine is not your business!
avatar
Moon Rouge

Posts : 845
Join date : 2014-12-31
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue May 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Darkamber wrote:Max in one of his favourite sleeping spots.

Max rules!


Lokakisa wrote:
rjlatrans wrote: "
Prissy pants"
has to be the best cat-descriptor ever. LOL That and "
cat overlords,"
because you know, we are not their owners but their staff.


I <
3 the name Prissy Pants !
avatar
Moon Rouge

Posts : 845
Join date : 2014-12-31
Location : New York

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Just.Christine on Tue May 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Moon Rouge wrote:
Lokakisa wrote:"
What's mine is mine and what's your is mine"
=^.^=
This used to be the communist rule: What is yours is mine and what is mine is not your business!


Oh, so THAT'S what America really is! Really and truly! It's legally so easy for the government to swing in a take everything you own on the flimsiest of pretenses. The IRS [internal revenue service, our taxing agency] does raids on peoples houses suspected of evading taxes or engaging in illegal activities like selling drugs, etc. It's a case of take now, ask questions later. One family had their entire life ruined and they weren't even guilty. The red tape they had to go through to get their stuff back...ugh. Reputaions? Shot.

The city wants to build a road where your house is? Imminent domain! They take your house at whatever amount they want to pay you and you have to move.
You lose your job and can't pay property taxes on the house you just made the last payment on on a 30 years mortgage? It's the governments now!

I know one man who's mom owned a townhouse. It was all paid for. He was born and raised there all his life. He was disabled too. She died. He couldn't pay the inheritance tax so he lost the house. It's the governments now and he's living in a divey rent-by-the-hour motel in the next town where people flop and smoke crack and where people can end up dead. My ex drove by that place and saw him walk out of the building, look up at the sky and shrug. Of course he walked around on the streets a lot talking to himself and he did that a lot.
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by AzaleaMoon on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:08 pm

I love both cats and dogs. I have a cat named Tobias, but he lives with my parents as he's 16 now and wouldn't have coped with the change if I had taken him with me when I moved out. I now have a Maltese X Chihuahua named Bella who I am 99% sure is my Familiar, she's so protective of me.
Loki tolerates her, he apparently doesn't consider her a "
real"
dog because she's so small. I suppose he prefers big dogs that can fight to protect their masters and hunt for food. He did say she looks sort of like a fox though, which is acceptable. Laughing

AzaleaMoon

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-04-29

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Lokakisa on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:02 am

I don't know anything about Maltese, but I've heard of some Chihuahuas being rather vicious. Little devil dogs or something, lol.

Lokakisa

Posts : 964
Join date : 2015-03-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Lokakisa wrote:I don't know anything about Maltese, but I've heard of some Chihuahuas being rather vicious. Little devil dogs or something, lol.

Rotten little ankle biters
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:36 pm

I used to date a guy years ago, he had a Maltese. That dog, man. You couldn't eat anything without him whining and begging. And every time I'd go to sit down, he would run and jump to steal my seat just before my ass hit the cushion. The golden retriever he had was sweet, though.
avatar
journeyintoinsanity

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2015-01-17
Age : 39

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:39 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:I used to date a guy years ago, he had a Maltese. That dog, man. You couldn't eat anything without him whining and begging. And every time I'd go to sit down, he would run and jump to steal my seat just before my ass hit the cushion. The golden retriever he had was sweet, though.

Jealous little dog, :-P

I used to like small dogs but most of them are annoying.
I'm just not a dog person. Plus it's hard to rent a place that will let you have a dog. It's easier to sneak cats into a big apt complex and not have to pay a deposit..
avatar
Just.Christine
Site Admin

Posts : 1317
Join date : 2014-12-09
Age : 52
Location : Pennsylvania

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:52 pm

Yep. We're renting and said we have one cat. Nope. Three. XD

I'm definitely a cat person, but big dogs are allright. Ha, I just remembered that I met a big, black German shepherd not long after I'd met Loki. Such a sweet dog. It even had me considering adopting one just like him. I had a Fenrir ping before I even realized it, ha! I haven't thought about that in a while... Smile
avatar
journeyintoinsanity

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2015-01-17
Age : 39

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by AzaleaMoon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:57 am

Oh yeah, my friend and I refer to Chihuahuas as land sharks or land piranhas.

Bella is a sweet little dog, just very afraid and defensive. She's all bark and no bite, though.

I have to wonder if her previous owners neglected her before she ended up at the shelter I got her from. When we brought her home, she didn't even know what toys were. Sad

AzaleaMoon

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-04-29

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Aw, that's sad. It sounds like nobody played with her. One of my cats was rescued from an outdoor cattery. She was skitty, and didn't know how to play or even bathe herself. My other cats taught her how to "
cat."
I don't think she was abused, per se, but likely only got attention when it was time to conceive or birth kittens. She's sweet, loves to be petted, but is still a nervous Nellie. If I play a kitten video where they mew, she come running to check on the babies. Once a mom, always a mom.

You could try animal communication with your doggie. Ask her what her previous home was like. Since you share a bond with her, it might be easy to "
get"
her. I've done it all my life without realizing what I was doing. I don't hear a voice or anything, I just "
know"
what they're thinking. Try it. Smile
avatar
journeyintoinsanity

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2015-01-17
Age : 39

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by AzaleaMoon on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:20 pm

journeyintoinsanity wrote:Aw, that's sad. It sounds like nobody played with her. One of my cats was rescued from an outdoor cattery. She was skitty, and didn't know how to play or even bathe herself. My other cats taught her how to "
cat."
I don't think she was abused, per se, but likely only got attention when it was time to conceive or birth kittens. She's sweet, loves to be petted, but is still a nervous Nellie. If I play a kitten video where they mew, she come running to check on the babies. Once a mom, always a mom.

You could try animal communication with your doggie. Ask her what her previous home was like. Since you share a bond with her, it might be easy to "
get"
her. I've done it all my life without realizing what I was doing. I don't hear a voice or anything, I just "
know"
what they're thinking. Try it. Smile

Animal communication sounds like a fun idea. I did do a tarot reading (What is my pet trying to tell me?) and it basically said she's very anxious, needs support and direction and would probably benefit from professional training. The only problem with the professional training is that her defensive behaviour is worse at home, and she might not let the trainer in the house lol.

AzaleaMoon

Posts : 86
Join date : 2015-04-29

View user profile https://www.tumblr.com/blog/xxazaleamoonxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Cats or dogs?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum