Monsters everywhere!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monsters everywhere!

Post by Darkamber on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:59 am

Did you believe in monsters when you were little?

I believed that there was a monster in basements and cellars.
When I was little, I visited my paternal grandmother, and she had made spaghetti bolognese which was my favourite at home where my maternal granny made it. I told my grandmother that I didn't like it and that it wasn't like my granny made it. My grandmother became so angry that she dragged me to the basement stars, turned the lights out and locked the door. I was terrified! I was sure the monsters in the basement would come and get me, so I was pressed up against the door, not daring to make a sound.

I believed there was a monster under my bed, so when I went to bed, I would jump into bed from a "
safe"
distance, i.e. longer away from the bed than the monsters had imagined arms.

I saw my first horror movie when I was little. I had nagged my mum to be allowed to stay up and watch it. It was about a mad professor at an inn far away from any villages, who had made marionettes out of reanimated people. After that I was convinced that there was a Frankenstein like monster in my closet. I knew that it wouldn't help to ask my mum to check the closet, because monsters could turn themselves invisible.

Then there were the skeleton in the attic stairs. We had bedrooms on the first floor and bathroom on the ground floor. and the last one to go to bed always switched off the light in the stairs. So when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I was afraid that the skeleton would jump over the railing and dangle in front of me.

Then there was the monster in the sewers. I always walked around at a distance of sewer holes, so the monster would get me and drag me down into the sewer.

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Monsters everywhere!

Post by esmart1990 on Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:20 pm

When I was a child I had a nightmare about a floating plate of spaghetti trying to kill me. I was afraid of 'The Haunted Noodle' for like three years. I thought that if I was alone in the dark, then a floating, glowing plate of spaghetti and meatballs was gonna consume my soul.

I was a weird kid.

esmart1990

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:57 pm

I never really was afraid of monsters, per se, but I got easily creeped out by ghost stories. I loved Halloween and all that, and I was known to sneak up on my friends and scare the shit out of them when we would watch scary movies at slumber parties. :;
):
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top