Here's another Aussie :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Here's another Aussie :)

Post by Alisa Loptr on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:56 pm

A mighty hello and hugs with a plate of cookies for you all Smile

Amber introduced me to this forum, and I'm so grateful to have her as a friend as she has helped me so much on my Lokean path.

I come from Brisbane and I turn 31 in just over a month. So uh... guess this is going to be a fairly long ramble. Ramble on, right? /Led Zeppelin.

I never seemed to resonate well with the Christian faith, and I remember that I had been through various 'soul saving' rituals where y'know you'd go to church and be all okey dokey let's accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour - everyone else would be falling down and crying around me and I'm like huh? When I mean I did this several times I mean SEVERAL. Nothing happened. I didn't feel changed like everyone would get up on stage and proclaim. I still remember this one time at Sunday school I lied about praying to Jesus, I might've been five or six and Loki just made me think about it - because one would get a colouring book at the end of it. -facepalms- Yeah - I reckon Loki was even with me at that age. 'cause only a trickster would lie to a teacher of religion if you'd get something out of it, right? Razz

I did have a pretty awful teacher at that age though. She didn't seem to understand that she was talking to children, and as such the prospect of 'burning for eternity' was pretty horrifying for someone of that age to hear. I'm going in circles. Moving on...

But, I was pretty lucky in a way because my family were not overly religious. Mum just sent me to church because she felt like it was the norm, but she's always been very flexible in my faith and I soon started to find out very quickly in my teenage years that the so called 'ebil ways' according to the school I went to were actually the path I was meant to be on.

See, the thing is my mum opened up to me that she had a gift. It was a gift to sense spiritual energy and communicate with beings on a higher plane. Mum claimed she lost the gift when she had children, but in all honesty I think she passed it directly onto me, because that's when I realised I needed to research elsewhere. Think about it. In 2001, I was in my form group as that's what we did to start the day, spend about a half hour with our form class and teacher. The teacher asked 'Has anyone seen an Angel?' My hand went right up. She was ACTUALLY HORRIFIED. So was everyone else in the class. And lol... experiences during my teenage years involving spirits were just as awkward.

Mum never minded about the fact that I was slowly gathering a collection of oracle cards, and Doreen Virtue was I suppose the first spiritual teacher to help me open up my gift and learn more about it. The thing is, I had even joined an online forum in my late teens where I hoped people would help me with my experiences, and even there my interactions were select and few. There was one lady who is still a good friend to this day for well over ten years from there - because I think, there are some spiritual experts that are just there to help you start you on your path and then you move on from it to grow and that's what I believe my friend and I have done.

I had never even thought about the prospect of Loki being with me when growing up until I actually started researching Him. Now just going over memories of my spiritual path, I suddenly realise He was there - but I was still growing, and I still am.

I started researching Loki back around May 2014. See, I knew about the Egyptian gods and goddess, the Roman gods and goddesses, and the Greek, and I was even starting to work on respecting the land that belonged to the Aboriginal ancestors on the property I live in. I never prayed to any particular god or goddess. Just really... the prayers were pretty generic. But, the more I read about Loki, and the more I started hearing Him speak to me - I thought to myself... okay. This is it.

I purchased a statue of Him back in October, and yep - the pumpkin in my avatar was my very first pumpkin carving.

Ever since I started to acknowledge Him, He has been an incredible influence on my life. I feel far more accepted than I had ever been in my life when it came to heck - even God. I feel loved. Appreciated. Wanted. Don't get me wrong, my family has always treated me right and I couldn't ask for a better family to be with, but this is... it's right. It's where I'm meant to be. He's helping me grow, He continues to point me toward the right sort of people to talk to so I can increase my knowledge in perhaps the Pagan and or Heathen way of life, and I'm hoping to find a circle on the northside of Brisbane to join. (if anyone knows of any, please let me know!)

I've started using runes and I cannot believe the power I feel from them. He made me pick bloodstone as the stone to use. Their energy literally vibrates in my hands - they are so different to cards.

I am building a cosplay of Flame Hair and my first photoshoot is on Sunday. I hope I can share the photos Smile It's just my way to show my appreciation for Him.

Anyway, thank you very much for reading and thank you Amber for sharing the link Smile

Have a blessed week.

Alisa Loptr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's another Aussie :)

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:21 am

Welcome to our forum! I hope you enjoy the companionship here and feel at home. I'm sure I speak for all when I say we look forward to hearing more of your rune/divination experience.

I also came from a religious Christian background and unknowingly walked with Loki throughout my life. Also discovered Odin has played a tremendous role in key events in my life.

Anyhow, drag up a chair, grab a beverage of your choice and make yourself comfortable. Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:39 am

Hi! Welcome to the forum! :-)

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:44 am

Bloodstone runes, I think I want them too now. I made my own, but after reading your intro I'm curious about nice bought set. Runes are powerful, I got drawn to runes very soon after Loki made Himself known in my life. I tried before, but didn't and couldn't see them as I do now.
Nice to meet you! Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:22 pm

I have a set of Tiger's Eye Elder Futhark runes and a little booklet I got from 'Uncle Thor' when I bought his Loki book. I need an Onyx set now. It's one of Odin's correspondences.

And now Alisa has me thinking about cookies! :mrgreen:
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisa Loptr on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi Moon Smile This is just UPG - but I feel like bloodstone is associated with Loki, that's why He had me choose them. I wouldn't mind making my own down the track either, once I'm familiar with each rune and its history. (I love your avatar by the way, did you draw it?) I was the same too, I did have a set when I was younger but ever since Loki made Himself known I seem to understand them more. Nice to meet you, too!

Hi Poppy Very Happy Tiger's Eye is gorgeous. I have a few tumble stones. Onyx is too, and I can see why Odin would like it Smile

Hehe, cookies. Loki's Achilles heel Razz

Alisa Loptr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Thank you so much, Alisa, it is one of my drawings of Him, my favorite one too. I have the bigger version and some other posted here in Arts and Crafts section.

This is hard to describe correctly, also UPG, but when I read your post about the runes and thought would I like the bloodstone ones I sensed strong feeling of an approval and need. I have no other gods hanging around here, besides I know when Loki manifest Himself even in very subtle way. Yep, I got them last night, shipped as of this morning. Smile
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisa Loptr on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 pm

You're welcome! I'll check them out. Also UPG, but I feel His braids are *just* perfect. Smile

That's fantastic! Let me know how you go with them. I kinda felt a tingling on the top of my head like He was patting it when I read your post - as He does when I do something right Razz

Alisa Loptr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by njm on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Greetings Alisa. Lovely to meet you.

njm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Alisa, I'm happy to hear your UPG about His braids! Very Happy
I'm not meant to have bloodstone runes. Seller said shipped near instantly but I got them almost two weeks later, today and 2 stones are missing. Surprised
To return them and buy from someone else seams faster than to wait for replacement, which may never come.. I'm in murderous mood! Evil or Very Mad
I will get them ...one day soon, and then I say how I like them.
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:15 pm

I hope the stones I got my friend for her bday are okay. They come from China and sometimes that means sloppy and careless work. On account of they overwork those people so badly.
Well they come from Amazon and a US supplier but the sets are assembled in China
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:31 pm

When you look at pictures on eBay and Amazon, many use the same image, it is so hard to tell what you get!
And the mail!
Mine were coming from Texas... I think they rolled and tumbled here, that long it took to get them, about as long as form China, if not longer!
In the meantime I'm getting attached to them, and they are wrapped back in the mailer envelope, and I think I want to keep them! LOL
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:03 pm

Nothing wrong with keeping them. Smile
You could use them as decor, maybe?
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:43 pm

That is what I was thinking, just to dump them in Loki's box of treasures!
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top